Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:42:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Live action series you thought were for kids, but weren't...

Started by George White, June 25, 2017, 10:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absorb the anus burn

Knights Of God: 1984 meets Borman's Excalibur meets The Guardians to watch with granny and Aunt Lil on a Sunday afternoon.

George White

That ITV Sunday slot was random.
Also, the 1989 Disney-HTV Great Expectations, though comparitively kid-friendly still had Anthony Hopkins and a great big budget.

George White

Other Look-In recs included Lou Grant, Columbo, Project UFO, Auf Wiedersehen Pet, Moses the Lawgiver, Lovejoy, Tales of the Unexpected, Miss Marple and Partners in Crime.

Dead Soon

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on February 12, 2018, 04:56:46 PM
I was going to say Malcolm in the middle and that my thinking it was for kids put me off watching. It remains one of my favourite shows ever.

It was incongruously broadcast on Sunday morning CBBC when the show was first exported to UK telly in 2001. It has the 'Pilot' episode which features Hal being shaved at the breakfast table, Lois walking around with her tits out and Malcolm screaming the word ''butt!'' repeatedly. It remains a lost broadcast, which is partly our fault because we inexplicably taped over the airing with the following episode.

George White

Other look-in faves included Upstairs, Downstairs, Rumpole, THorn Birds, Raffles, Dickens of London, Disraeli, Out, the Brontes of Haworth, Shogun, the Word 1978, And No one could save her, ITC filler Seaway, the Ivory Ape, Alistair Maclean's Hostage Tower, the Scarlet Pimpernel, Young Visiters, Brazilian c4 telenovela Dancin' Days and Strumpet City...