Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:10:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Misplaced yet boring intro / Series Link I miss you

Started by Squarewolf, June 26, 2017, 11:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squarewolf

Hi.
I'm new here, though I have been a member twice before. Both times were in the past.

Right, onto the point of this thread. I've cut the cord, kicking Virgin into touch. I've gone all modern and "techno-hip" (that's not a thing is it). I've gone Amazon Prime instead, who I understand to be one of the hotter Transformers.
Screw moneygrabbing Richard Bransoms, I thought. What's the point me paying upwards of a million pound a month for channels I barely even see as I wend my weary way to the daily Babestation freeview.

Well, fine in theory, but I now realise that with my shite memory and the lack of anything resembling Series Link, I'm probably going to lose track of the handful of shows I might wish to watch. I've added a few favourites (or equivalent) on iPlayer, All4 and UKTVPlay, but that's not necessarily going to do the trick, because they're unlikely to pop up a message saying "Hey Square, series 30 of Cash in the Attic starts this Monday, lad, get the ales in.".

What I think I need is some sort of Windows app (or Android at a push) that will work a bit like Series Link, wherein I can select shows, but instead of them automatically recording, maybe they'd just be added to a calendar. What would make it better still, is if I could add person searches, so it would notify me whenever a show featuring e.g. Joey Essex is gonna be on. And better yet, it wouldn't be restricted to UK channels, so I could be notified when certain US shows are due to air. And better even more, it would be foc.

Does such a thing as that exist, or if not please could you invent one?

Cheers.
Sq

Dex Sawash

I get my wife to keep track of stuff like what day it is right now

Small Man Big Horse

I have a word document, costs far less than a wife.

SUNDAY:
Twin Peaks
Mike Tyson Mysteries

MONDAY:
American Dad
Preacher

TUESDAY:

WEDNESDAY:
Blood Drive

THURSDAY:
The Gong Show
The Mist
Zoo

FRIDAY:
Gypsy

SATURDAY:
Doctor Who

Squarewolf

Hm.
So my current options are Wife or Word.
I don't know any actual women, and I do have a copy of MS Office, so right now, the latter is winning.
Although if I go that route, I might be fancy and use Excel so I can add a column with some manner of forumla that counts down the days til a series begins.

Else I may consult a search engine, and see if they've got any ideas.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 27, 2017, 03:35:47 AM
I have a word document, costs far less than a wife.

SUNDAY:
Twin Peaks
Mike Tyson Mysteries

MONDAY:
American Dad
Preacher

TUESDAY:

WEDNESDAY:
Blood Drive

THURSDAY:
The Gong Show
The Mist
Zoo

FRIDAY:
Gypsy

SATURDAY:
Doctor Who

Do something a bit like this, right, but in google calendar so it notifys you like you wanted.

Squarewolf

Ah, now we're getting somewhere. Not overly keen on using Google, but will have a looksy for equivalents.

Squarewolf

Ok, there's a site called EpisodeCalender which would do the trick, but is limited to 20 shows unless you splurge for the premium version.
There seems to be a bunch of Android apps that do likewise, but I'll only go that route if I don't find a Windows equivalent.

And then there's torrenty ones like Sonarr and DuckieTV, but I'm not after something that downloads shows for me, just the calendar / alerts. I imagine I could use something like that without enabling downloads. Anyone use such a thing?

Sebastian Cobb

There's trakt TV as well. Think its like last.FM for telly and film. I've not used it, but am aware of it as some kodi plugins get metadata from it.