Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

!!! - Wimblewrong 2017 First-Round Draw - !!!

Started by selectivememory, June 27, 2017, 09:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

Welcome to Wimblewrong 2017. Check back here at 12pm BST for your official first-round draw.

A reminder of the rules:

Quote1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.
2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.
3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size.
4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.
5. Common sense prevails in image choice.
6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like photobucket.com for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.

WesterlyWinds

Give me someone as unfunny and untalented as me please

selectivememory

We have 22 players, meaning 11 matches, which means that there will be one high-scoring loser who will proceed to the second round. And in the second round there will be two high-scoring losers who will proceed to the quarter-finals to make up our last eight.

For clarity, servers are those named first in each tie, and they will have 72 hours from now to prepare and post their opening shots (so by 12pm BST on Friday 30/6). The only exception is Tie 1, which is going to take a little longer to complete, but that has already been cleared with the Wimblewrong higher-ups.

So, the draw:

Tie 1:  kittens v hands cold, liver warm
Tie 2:  Pdine v selectivememory
Tie 3:  QDRPHNC v hedgehog90
Tie 4:  Frazer v pancreas
Tie 5:  Dr Trouser v Small Man Big Horse
Tie 6:  Poisson Du Jour v Ian Drunken Smurf
Tie 7:  TheWoodenSpoon v Absorb the anus burn
Tie 8:  WesterlyWinds v spamwangler
Tie 9:  Spoon of Ploff v saltysnacks
Tie 10: zomgmouse v newbridge
Tie 11: Cerys v Fishfinger

Best of luck everybody!

Paul Calf

Quote from: WesterlyWinds on June 27, 2017, 11:56:41 AM
Give me someone as unfunny and untalented as me please

Sorry, I'm not playing this year ;)

WesterlyWinds

hedgehog90

WesterlyWinds

Don't worry, mine is going to be even worse than the most anodyne Matt cartoon

newbridge

I realized I'm going to be away from a Photoshop-enabled computer from Thursday through the long weekend, has anyone used Pixlr before and does it work? No need to change the order/schedule, as that would imply my non-existent skills in Photoshop exceed what is possible even in MS Paint.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: newbridge on June 27, 2017, 11:50:18 PM
I realized I'm going to be away from a Photoshop-enabled computer from Thursday through the long weekend, has anyone used Pixlr before and does it work? No need to change the order/schedule, as that would imply my non-existent skills in Photoshop exceed what is possible even in MS Paint.

I've used Pixlr and it's alright, it doesn't have as many functions as photoshop but considering that it's free it's pretty impressive.

WesterlyWinds

Does anyone else do this on tablets other than me? There's some fucking great non-Photoshop apps

Birdie

^^ My entries were done in PowerPoint and I don't think they were too shabby. I was very find of my "E-Ewe" movie poster entry.

TheWoodenSpoon

Here goes nothing; MSPaint skills don't fail me now!

pancreas

I forgot I had signed up (drunk) to do this. Bring it on Fraze.

selectivememory

Okay, the 72 hours for serves is up, and we're still waiting for QDRPHNC and zomgmouse to get their matches started. I'll message them to let them know and see when we can expect their shots. Apologies to newbridge and hedgehog90 for the wait.

selectivememory

zomgmouse should have something up by sometime tomorrow, if you don't mind waiting a little bit longer, newbridge.

Since it'll be the first shot it won't interrupt the flow of the match, and also we're going to be waiting a little while for kittens' match to be completed before we can move on to the next round, so it's not too much of disruption overall.

newbridge

Quote from: selectivememory on July 01, 2017, 08:36:32 AM
zomgmouse should have something up by sometime tomorrow, if you don't mind waiting a little bit longer, newbridge.

Since it'll be the first shot it won't interrupt the flow of the match, and also we're going to be waiting a little while for kittens' match to be completed before we can move on to the next round, so it's not too much of disruption overall.

No worries.

selectivememory

The draw for the next round will be posted tomorrow afternoon, so keep an eye out for that. We're only waiting for one more match to finish, and if we reduce the voting period to 24-hours it'll be completed by Thursday afternoon at the latest.