Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:38:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Red Turtle

Started by Sebastian Cobb, June 30, 2017, 11:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Has anyone else seen this? I saw this last night. It's pretty much animation/cinema stripped to the bone. There's no dialogue apart from a couple of yells, and to be honest there doesn't really need to be. It's great, it's a bit like Wall-E before he encounters humans, but hand drawn, and an actual person rather than an anthropomorphized disney robot.

It looks beautiful as well, and I quite liked the beady-eyed crabs that hover round him checking out what he's up to.

Bazooka

Is it the sequel to this?

I hadn't been made aware of this, but I will try and check out it, thanks for the heads Cobb.

mrpupkin

I saw this last night too! A really lovely thing that had me surreptitiously drying my eyes when the lights came up. I did wonder at some points if I was overthinking things, seeking an underlying logic that wasn't intended. Better to let it wash over you rather than try to join up all the dots, it has the richness of a myth rather than an easily decoded story. Or something. Wow I am talking out of my arse

Mini

Agreed, wonderful film. Like a giant turtle its silence seems to carry a kind of ancient wisdom. Cowabunga!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: mrpupkin on June 30, 2017, 07:11:24 PM
I saw this last night too! A really lovely thing that had me surreptitiously drying my eyes when the lights came up. I did wonder at some points if I was overthinking things, seeking an underlying logic that wasn't intended. Better to let it wash over you rather than try to join up all the dots, it has the richness of a myth rather than an easily decoded story. Or something. Wow I am talking out of my arse

Haha. I was quite stoned so my mind sort of wandered off in a couple of places and I realised I might have missed something. I'm not sure I did as there's not really much to miss. Good though.

Sebastian Cobb

Bumping this because I clocked it's on amazon prime (I googled red turtle and was surprised to see it was me what created the thread).

You should definitely watch it.

wooders1978

Seen on said amazon Prime, amazing film +1 on the recommend

Dex Sawash

Thought this would be the backstory of Mr Eggs magnificent turd.