Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do The Right Thing

Started by Mini, June 30, 2017, 11:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mini

There's a new episode of the podcast Do The Right Thing - https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/dotherightthing/2017_special_1/. I mention it because I know there are some Flatshare Slamdown fans here and this is its sister podcast, plus it made me repeatedly laugh out loud in public today.

Mango Chimes

I like this, despite not really liking Danielle Ward and actively disliking Margaret Cabourn-Smith. Michael Legge's alright.

...I'm not talking about the black and white thing....

Utter Shit

Love this show. The main three are all brilliant (especially Danielle Ward) and the guests are generally the best of the mainstream. Having said that, the episode I listened to the other day had an extremely weird section where Doc Brown talked about his pre-teen daughter masturbating which was slightly uncomfortable.

Mini

The regular 3 are my favourite people. Phil Wang is also very funny this episode.

TheManOne

Sometimes this is great. I do wish they'd get rid of the music though. It's painful.

olliebean

Or at least re-record it with the levels properly set.

Mini

New episode out now with Sarah Kendall and Chris Addison. They missed a trick by not introducing him as "he was good as Ollie in The Thick of It, it's Chris Addison!" Anyway, Danielle Ward is particularly great in this one.

Yes, listened to this this morning - very good. Danielle Ward especially.

Mango Chimes

This might be the point I stop listening. They're the podcast group I'd least like to spend any time with, and add guests who also seem awful and it's just a bunch of cunts, isn't it.

And Chris Addison did the same fucking joke how many times? Five? Six? A hundred?

TheManOne

Nah. The speed of "We're not talking about your chromosomes" was exceptional.
A really good episode. These have benefited from being more rambling. Always felt a bit squashed as 30 minutes.
However, after being away for ages and then coming back for two it's going away for ages again.
I wish podcasts were financially viable.

It's to do with the t.v. option. They shot a pilot for C4 earlier this year and they can't record new episodes until the option expires next year. So these two were recorded last summer, but they can't record and release anything new for a little while.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: TheManOne on July 22, 2017, 09:09:19 PM
Nah. The speed of "We're not talking about your chromosomes" was exceptional.

Humans have more than two chromosomes.  SHIT JOKE.

That'd be good on a t-shirt.

TheManOne

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on July 22, 2017, 09:14:35 PM
It's to do with the t.v. option. They shot a pilot for C4 earlier this year and they can't record new episodes until the option expires next year. So these two were recorded last summer, but they can't record and release anything new for a little while.

Ah. Well. That's good news. Or bad news.

I'm falling towards it being bad news if picked up because Danielle was relegated to a producer Ben style role and Claudia Winkleman was hosting.  I think Dave would feel a more natural channel if it was to make the leap to television.

TheManOne

Yeah. Dave's "Here's a bit of money - now just get on with it..." attitude has paid dividends with a startlingly good ratio of successes.

Mini

Quote from: Mango Chimes on July 22, 2017, 09:32:33 PM
Humans have more than two chromosomes.  SHIT JOKE.

I didn't mind that one, it was when he said something like "you'll be able to think 'c'est la vie!'" after Margaret mentioned that she'd studied English and Philosophy that annoyed me. That phrase is neither English nor philosophy. He seemed to have an irritating tendency to say the first thing that comes into his head and talk over people, probably from his 'Mock the Week' days.

My favourite bit was "I know Julia Louis-Dreyfus, the real one!"

SteveDave

I liked Michael's "Hollyoaks" music after Margaret said her husband was sleeping with his ex-girlfriend. A welcome change from the "Eastenders" drums.

Mini

Quote from: SteveDave on July 28, 2017, 02:35:28 PM
I liked Michael's "Hollyoaks" music after Margaret said her husband was sleeping with his ex-girlfriend. A welcome change from the "Eastenders" drums.

Her husband being Dan Tetsell, who I believe was in Hollyoaks.

DrGreggles

***THREAD RESURRECTION***

New Do The Right Thing tomorrow!

There's a compilation of stuff from earlier episodes on the feed already, if anyone unfamiliar with it wants to see what the fuss is about.

The new ep is Richard Herring and Deborah Frances-White. Is Deborah Frances-White actually funny? I've never tried her own stuff, only heard as a guest on things. She's never made me laugh but everyone seems to fawn over her.

SteveDave

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on August 14, 2019, 12:32:29 PM
The new ep is Richard Herring and Deborah Frances-White. Is Deborah Frances-White actually funny? I've never tried her own stuff, only heard as a guest on things. She's never made me laugh but everyone seems to fawn over her.

I did enjoy Michael screaming about her giving a gym pass to a charity.

Yeah but that and the spanking retreat story were only made funny for me by the reactions of the others, not because of her. I just feel like I'm missing something because everyone seems to love her.

DrGreggles

No idea who she is, but Legge having a pop was good.
Not sure she added anything of note herself.

She's got big through hosting The Guilty Feminist podcast, which is a bit of a phenomenon from my understanding but I've never heard it.

SteveDave

I thought she was a self-help guru rather than a comedian.

She's a stand-up too, or at least she used to be. I don't know if she still does it.

Utter Shit

DFW was unbelievably irritating on the new episode I thought, the obvious bullshit of always having a perfectly relevant, amazingly unlikely story for every question, all while claiming that it is "100% true" got annoying very quickly. It seemed to me that the rest of the panel were finding her annoying too, but no one else got that vibe?