Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:49:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your worst gig

Started by Jockice, July 04, 2017, 05:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: Jockice on July 07, 2017, 09:23:14 AM
They were a great live band though. Definitely in my top ten bet gigs ever. My favourite was another lot who were sort of okay on record but much better in concert, The Bhundu Boys.

Yep. Great band. I was 'well into them' at the time, which is always a bonus.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Artie Fufkin on July 07, 2017, 12:05:49 PM
I'm sending you my laundry bill

I don't want your laundry!

And my name's not Bill.

holyzombiejesus

John Martyn, City Varieties Music Hall, Leeds, about 2002.
Went with my (now ex) grilfriend (she's the one who got a chunk of candle stuck up her fanny and had to go to A&E to get it extracted). She'd stayed out all night the previous night and I just fucking knew that she'd been shagging someone. JM had a bass player who had a vile guitar and a shit hat on. I don't like JM one little bit and all I wanted to do was have a massive row with ex and get her to admit she'd had sex with Dan the stupid fucking balding ginger bloke from where she worked so left after 15 minutes and bought some books in Borders and got pissed in one of the excellent pubs nearby. Split up soon after that.

Brundle-Fly

I remember going all the way to London from Sussex to see Ultramarine play live in 1994. I was so thick though because I honestly believed Robert Wyatt would also be in attendance to sing his few collaborative tracks with them. I arrived at what was essentially a night club playing house music. It was getting late and the band had still not made an appearance. Or so I thought; they had actually been on stage the whole time. Well, one member of Ultramarine was. He was only DJ-ing that night, not performing. 

I'tit.

weekender

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 07, 2017, 12:32:06 PM

And my name's not Bill.

*applause*

armful

Actually now that I think of it. I once  saw NO FX at a festival  and I hated it. I went along with some mates who love them. I was already feeling a rubbish cos we had been drinking whisky , which I never do. By the time we had got to the stage my head was spinning and I was going under. As a live band they play OK ( cos all their songs are the same ) their in between song banter was beyond shit. They even told this joke " why did Hitler die ? he saw his gasbilll " delivered like it hadn't been told before , yeah my 2nd worst gig that. 

Paaaaul

Worst: Therapy? /Credit To The Nation/Kerbdog at UEA, Norwich

Kerbdog were just terrible. Dull performance. Crap songs. I did fall in love with their second album a couple of years later.
Credit To The Nation were ok, but the room was very unresponsive because it was full of "Real Rock" fans. A strange choice for tour support.
This was on Therapy?'s Troublegum tour. They plodded through their set in a very lackluster manner. It pretty much killed my enjoyment of them as a band.

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 07, 2017, 12:32:06 PM

And my name's not Bill.

*snarf*

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 07, 2017, 01:20:38 PM
John Martyn, City Varieties Music Hall, Leeds, about 2002.
Went with my (now ex) grilfriend (she's the one who got a chunk of candle stuck up her fanny and had to go to A&E to get it extracted). She'd stayed out all night the previous night and I just fucking knew that she'd been shagging someone. JM had a bass player who had a vile guitar and a shit hat on. I don't like JM one little bit and all I wanted to do was have a massive row with ex and get her to admit she'd had sex with Dan the stupid fucking balding ginger bloke from where she worked so left after 15 minutes and bought some books in Borders and got pissed in one of the excellent pubs nearby. Split up soon after that.
John would have written an excellent song about that

Black_Bart

The Nuthins'. Or Big Leaves (they were fucking awful).

Noddy Tomkey

Worst gig was one I played - we decided we could get the whole £150 kitty for putting on a two-set show in a local pub. Played the same set twice, and I forgot one of the basslines. Even in the heat of the beat, it was grating. Got £75 between us and I don't think we ever played there again.