Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:35:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Screen N Projector Recommendations

Started by Quincey, July 05, 2017, 12:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quincey

Hello, my cousin has asked me to recommend a screen and projector. Basically he has a large function room upstairs and wants a projector of at least 1080p which can be seen from 14 metres away (it is a big function room) and a good quality screen that can be fixed to a beam near the ceiling. He would also like it installed as he isn't that technical.

So, can you recommend a good screen and projector and a good company near to Oxford that could come and fix it.

Bazooka

Can use it any room not just the function room!

Viero_Berlotti

I'd give Richer Sounds a look. They sell 1080p projectors, screens and they will install it for you as well and they have a branch in Oxford.

surreal

Seconding this, you can pick them up very cheaply now compared to a few years back, just need to figure out throw distance from the projector to work out how big a screen you can have.

Also, if it's going to be used a lot check for replacement bulb prices and number of hours rating.  They're not cheap and they don't last forever.

Quincey

Thanks Viero_Berlotti and surreal, some very useful advice. Thanks Bazooka, but I don't think that's quite the projector I am looking for.

Dex Sawash

Perhaps it is actually you who wants the AV setup

Quincey

Looking for for my cousin, I should add. He's not very good with the internet. I would try and get him on here otherwise.

surreal

Quote from: Quincey on July 05, 2017, 02:35:16 PM
Thanks Viero_Berlotti and surreal, some very useful advice. Thanks Bazooka, but I don't think that's quite the projector I am looking for.

I bought my last one from these guys, their Advice section is quite extensive:

https://www.projectorpoint.co.uk/advice-guides