Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:38:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Andy Dawson's a touchy prick, isn't he?

Started by SpiderChrist, July 06, 2017, 09:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiderChrist

I mean, really. Just been muted by him on Twitter for making a jestical remark regarding his appearance, after he did something markedly less jestical about some other cunt. Looking through his timeline, he seems to make a habit of this. Maybe he's just sick of arseholes like me. I certainly am.

madhair60

SpiderChrist

Quote from: madhair60 on July 06, 2017, 09:22:36 AM
I'm sorry to hear of this.

Your sympathy has been noted in the Ledger Of Tears.

Utter Shit

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 06, 2017, 09:52:17 AM
How do you know he's muted you?

He strikes me as the kind of prick who'd be very vocal about muting people.

Wet Blanket

He seems to get a lot of abuse from alt-righters and what's-his-face off They Think It's All Over who went mad, so is maybe a bit understandably trigger happy when it comes to blocking fowk on Twitter

Utter Shit

Oh wait is this @profanityswan? If so I have him muted and I'm not sure why. My muted list is incredibly small so he must have been pretty fucking annoying.

Utter Shit

Ah turns out he's blocked me. Again, no idea why.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

I've just blocked him as a retaliation for his attacks on my CaB brethren.

Thursday

Oh I just realised Andy Dawson is behind "Get in the Sea" one of those twitter accounts that was amusing for 2 minutes, and then you start to realise it's just boring reactionary grumpy old man sneering and then he starts selling books from it and you think "oh fuck off" and block the account because it pisses you off every time someone retweets it into your timeline.

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 06, 2017, 10:35:36 AM
Oh wait is this @profanityswan? If so I have him muted and I'm not sure why. My muted list is incredibly small so he must have been pretty fucking annoying.

So is he now a mute swan?

Judging from today this was a thread ahead of its time.

JamesTC

I think he deserves a bit of respect. Remember he does a podcast with Bob Mortimer.

touchingcloth

Utter Shit

Enzo

Can't stand him on twitter. Love the podcast, but his politics are fucking woeful

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 20, 2017, 11:51:36 PM
Who is what happen please?

Basically Andy Dawson got a bit back from everyone's fave pundit Owen Jones after haranguing him for a couple of days unanswered, then got in a huff when people took the piss out of this tweet.

He then did his standard 'I'm chilled mate actually, sipping a laqer' routine for a bit, and currently has a 'Kinder Gentler' Jeremy Corbyn meme at the top of his feed, because he's totally Not Angry and Not Tantruming At All Thanks.

JoeyBananaduck

Had no idea who he was until now. I was aware Bob does a podcast with some other bloke but I'd heard it was about football and consequently didn't give a damn. He does have "I've probably muted you" in his bio so at least there's some self awareness. I don't know, scanned his timeline and just found it a bit boring.

touchingcloth

jobotic

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on September 21, 2017, 11:14:36 AM
I'd heard it was about football and consequently didn't give a damn.

By about the third or fourth episode, football pretty much goes out the window and it becomes all about Bob's stories and songs.  And, actually, even Bob's stuff that IS football related is still fucking hilarious.  It doesn't matter if you don't know who the wing fielder of Doynton Academical is, or who won out of Tottingham Westham vs. Solihull City last Sunday - it's still ball achingly funny.  However, it's brilliant because of Bob, not Dawson.  I don't actually dislike Dawson (in this podcast I should stress - I don't know him from anything else at all) as much as a lot of CaBbers do, but he's definitely the straight man.  And what's worse is he's one of those straight men who tries to be funny.  Like Little and Large.

But the podcast seems to exist outside of Dawson's other...let's call them "media activities".

fit bird

Surely you must rethink your career as a comedian when Owen fucking Jones manages to come up with funnier 'tweets' than you in the 'twitter spat' you started?

chocolate teapot

Quote from: jobotic on September 21, 2017, 11:24:58 AM
I don't understand anything on that link.

BUT THEN I DIDNT GO TO OXBRIDGE

I didn't know if that was a setup for your joke but I'll explain it anyway. slid into dm's = made a move, casual about it, didn't follow norms like introducing self or saying hello, just going straight in there.  DM's are Direct Messages, private messages you can send to another tweeter.

BritishHobo

I find this kind of thing really fascinating. What must it be like to be the kind of person who intentionally needles someone else for ages, and then when they finally snap back, turns precious with no self-awareness, as if the attack has come out of nowhere? Sneer at someone over tweets about how they've done nothing with their life (an angle of attack that doesn't really work when they demonstrably have), then when they rib you back about doing nothing with your life, trip over yourself in self-righteous disbelief that anyone could dare say something so rude.

JoeyBananaduck

^ there's a lot of that about. And not just online too.

Also cheers ShitGoodNose, when you put it like that it sounds altogether more appealing. Any particular episode I should give a spin, or just dive in with the most recent?

asids

Athletico Mince is brilliant. It's a shame Dawson is a cunt. It's quite sad he feels the need to rile up some guy he doesn't like on Twitter, then get all his followers to circlejerk around him like he's done some amazing takedown and Jones' response is shit. When in fact, it's quite clearly the opposite way around. The Partridge quote was brilliant.

touchingcloth

Quote from: chocolate teapot on September 21, 2017, 12:23:47 PM
I didn't know if that was a setup for your joke but I'll explain it anyway. slid into dm's = made a move, casual about it, didn't follow norms like introducing self or saying hello, just going straight in there.  DM's are Direct Messages, private messages you can send to another tweeter.

What about "from that Diana account", "looooool", or "a spice like me with Pet Shop Boy bants"? Is FUERTESKNIGHT TFM from off of here?