Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Andy Dawson's a touchy prick, isn't he?

Started by SpiderChrist, July 06, 2017, 09:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crumb

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 26, 2020, 04:55:24 PM
Andy expressing a desire to boot Michael Gove in the balls is the sort of thing people post on this forum every day. So I'm not sure what your point is.

It's the worst looking quote from a blue ticked 'leftist' account I can remember seeing. Whatever the background, directly threatening to assault someone's spouse in front of their children isn't a good look. Especially dense when there's so much legitimate failure to hammer them on without neeeding threats.

Weirdly, he locked his account down, had unlocked it and was clearly trying to own the controversy, and then deleted the lot as I was looking at it.

Right you can be "bigmouth coward", "chunky bluster", or you can of course be Ronnie Hotdogs.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: The Crumb on May 26, 2020, 05:41:57 PM
It's the worst looking quote from a blue ticked 'leftist' account I can remember seeing. Whatever the background, directly threatening to assault someone's spouse in front of their children isn't a good look. Especially dense when there's so much legitimate failure to hammer them on without neeeding threats.

Weirdly, he locked his account down, had unlocked it and was clearly trying to own the controversy, and then deleted the lot as I was looking at it.

I like Andy, but I hoved in earlier without fully knowing what I was talking about. Sorry.

billyandthecloneasaurus

The Crumb

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 26, 2020, 06:46:32 PM
I like Andy, but I hoved in earlier without fully knowing what I was talking about. Sorry.

Fair enough, I hope Andy's ok, I'm sure there's going to be a nasty backlash. Fingers crossed Bob and his other co hosts aren't getting too much shite.

Non Stop Dancer

This is going a bit mental on twitter now.

BritishHobo

Lots of mileage for right-wing grifters to continue claiming the UK media is run by nasty abusive leftists. Good going, Andy. Thanks.

king_tubby

Wait, Dawson's left wing now? Compared to whom, THATCHER????????

Thursday

Weird, I think he's a massive prick, but now he's got all the right-winger's upset. Confusing situation.

neardark

Thought it was hilarious tbh, good on him

neardark

If you're going to be that much of a cunt, expect it to affect your wife and child.

Captain Z

Go on, ask me my best Twitter death threats

Ham Bap

Thursday

Quote from: king_tubby on May 26, 2020, 08:10:09 PM
Wait, Dawson's left wing now? Compared to whom, THATCHER????????

Any opposition expressed towards a Tory MP automatically makes you a Hard Left Momentum Thug.

Mister Six

Directly contacting Gove's spouse is an amazingly poor idea, but I can't fault the sentiment.

Bet if Sarah Vine had a Patreon she'd be offering it as a tier anyway. It's only their current employment that is stopping her.

neardark

I honestly don't see the problem with this.

rue the polywhirl

Massively alarmed by that Gove tweet of his. Mainly because until just now I had him confused with Andy Parsons and thought hmmm that's a savage change of tone from his typical Mock The Week routines.

Quote from: McFlymo on February 29, 2020, 07:23:21 PM
I'm glad you've bumped this thread, because I walked home from work last night whereupon I proceeded to listen to the latest episode of Athletico Mince and within the first couple of minutes, yer man Dawson said, "I wouldn't sit down in an alleyway of Mexico" sort of apropos of nothing and as the conversation developed he made some other comments about non-touristy areas of America being scary ... It all just felt a bit "huh, huh, here mate, them Mexicans, though... Bit scary, am I right?" In other words, I was pretty appalled and immediately deleted the episode and unsubscribed to the podcast.

In this climate of the rise of so-called Right Wing comedy, this was really pretty disappointing. So aye, fuck that guy.

Mexico, in large portions, is a pretty dangerous place isn't it? I don't think you should be too offended by those comments. He's certainly one-upped himself by the sounds of his latest rant anyway.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: neardark on May 26, 2020, 09:09:56 PM
I honestly don't see the problem with this.

Wouldn't have had a problem if he actually carried it out too

Thomas

Wouldn't be surprised if the Vine-Goves have reported the tweet to the police, pretending to fear it at face value.
CRIME FILES

Got to mind your tweets. Rule of thumb: hyperbolic violent daydreams are fine as long as you don't publicly direct them at anybody. Either stick to imagining them, or word them with finesse on the appropriate platform.

Phil Colons

It's getting a bit more serious now as the Guido Fawkes twitter account has picked it up.
One of the replies has linked him to Athletico Mince.

Thomas

I like these right-wingers describing him as an 'established Guardian writer' or whatever when he's written them a grand total of 10 fluff pieces, the last in 2018.

PaulTMA

I'd been waiting to get the popcorn out for the day this came, but it's kinda soured by him being singled out as a 'Guardian writer' all of a sudden

Cuellar

Not going near this but if it threatens Mince then surely it's a 'bad thing'

sutin

Ha, i'm blocked by him and I don't remember why. He's the fucking worst.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Thomas on May 26, 2020, 09:33:22 PM
I like these right-wingers describing him as an 'established Guardian writer' or whatever when he's written them a grand total of 10 fluff pieces, the last in 2018.
Michael Gove and Tim Montgomerie have written more pieces for the Guardian, will they be crazy guardianistas when they snap and go on some kind of Thelma And Louisey spree?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Mister Six on May 26, 2020, 08:56:36 PM
Directly contacting Gove's spouse is an amazingly poor idea, but I can't fault the sentiment.

Yes.

Thursday

He's one of these centrist pricks who'd spend all his time complaining about Corbyn, and now is acting all "Oh no!" when Johnson does something you'd expect him to do, so he really can fuck off.