Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:28:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Andy Dawson's a touchy prick, isn't he?

Started by SpiderChrist, July 06, 2017, 09:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: billyandthecloneasaurus on May 26, 2020, 07:40:33 PM
I think andy is his irl mate tbf.

I consider him a pal, yes, and I'm a bit worried about whatever the fuck happened today. The way folk pile into him on this site is rank, to be honest. He's a nice fella. You don't have to agree.

king_tubby

If he's so nice why is he such a prick on Twitter?

sutin

He's only reaping what he sows. No sympathy for the cunt.

king_tubby

Andy Dawson sowing: Haha fuck yeah!!! Yes!!

Andy Dawson reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.

Och I dunno. Fuck knows. I hope he's okay. That's all.

Mister Six

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 26, 2020, 09:13:12 PM
Massively alarmed by that Gove tweet of his. Mainly because until just now I had him confused with Andy Parsons and thought hmmm that's a savage change of tone from his typical Mock The Week routines.

Wait, is Andy Parsons the one WHO SHOUTS EVERY JOKE LIKE HE'S GOT THE GRAND CANYON BETWEEN HIM AND THE MIC? Because if so, me too.

machotrouts

Congratulations to Andy Dawson on his first good tweet

ollyboro

Andi Peters is currently selling cheese on QVC. Fucking hell.

Mister Six

Whaaa? Is he struggling for work that much? I thought he was a pretty accomplished producer.

ollyboro

Quote from: Mister Six on May 26, 2020, 11:45:36 PM
Whaaa? Is he struggling for work that much? I thought he was a pretty accomplished producer.

That's what I thought. He's been at it for years, apparently. He's off at the moment. He's been replaced by two cunts selling steak pies.

The Bumlord

Top Flight Time Machine has sacked him.

madhair60

The Bumlord

No. I realise it's not news to shake the earth to its core.

Ferris

Quote from: madhair60 on May 26, 2020, 11:59:49 PM
That's a joke presumably.

It's not a very funny one.

...which, to be fair, is on brand for our Andy.

The Bumlord

Oh, have I fallen victim to a simple lampoon?

wooders1978

Quote from: Utterdrivel on May 27, 2020, 12:29:27 AM
Oh, have I fallen victim to a simple lampoon?

Well it appears they have sacked him but fuck knows if it's just japes

DrGreggles

Considering it's his podcast, it's unlikely that he's sacked himself.

c

Quote from: king_tubby on May 26, 2020, 10:59:48 PM
Andy Dawson sowing: Haha fuck yeah!!! Yes!!

Andy Dawson reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.

Ten thumbs up

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 27, 2020, 08:04:17 AM
Considering it's his podcast, it's unlikely that he's sacked himself.

Quite. This site gets stupider by the day.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 27, 2020, 08:51:45 AM
Quite. This site gets stupider by the day.

Mate, come on. I wasn't aware he had a football podcast so it's news to me as of this morning, but even now that I know this, I think that following this debacle, it's not exactly good form to make a joke tweet about firing yourself in the third person, whilst making light of your own threat of assault in the same breath. Even if it was Delaney who tweeted that, it's still monstrously fucking stupid.

I agree, but I'm just feeling quite miserable at the moment. Not asking for sympathy or owt, it's no one's fault. I should stop reading CaB for a while, really.*

* I will obviously log in later.

alan nagsworth

I'm sorry to hear it, man, and I would agree that sometimes depending on my mood this is one of the places I should really stay away from for a couple of days, though it is difficult. Spare time during lockdown, this forum is basically the only place I know where to be!

I hope you feel better soon. Go out for a walk, maybe? It's a beautiful morning today.

wooders1978

If being uninformed equates to stupidity these days then guilty as charged - I didn't know it was "his" podcast as the twitter site refers to it being owned by some fella called Gary Delaney

notjosh

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 27, 2020, 09:04:53 AM
Mate, come on. I wasn't aware he had a football podcast so it's news to me as of this morning, but even now that I know this, I think that following this debacle, it's not exactly good form to make a joke tweet about firing yourself in the third person, whilst making light of your own threat of assault in the same breath.

It's not really a "threat of assault" is it? Just like the Cabbers in that Remain Indoors thread aren't actually levelling serious allegations of child rape against Sir Captain Sir Tom Moore.[nb]Sorry lads, have to say this in case his lawyers are reading. We all know the score.[/nb] It was a bad idea, and maybe a bit mean-spirited, to tweet it directly at his wife, but even then the prospect of being "booted in the bollocks" isn't exactly going to keep him up at night is it? He may as well have threatened to give him a wedgie or slap him with a fish.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 27, 2020, 09:04:53 AM
Even if it was Delaney who tweeted that, it's still monstrously fucking stupid.

It's a joke, taking the piss out of po-faced corporate responses to minor social media furores. People getting angry about it only makes it more appropriate.

idunnosomename

Quote from: iamcoop on November 14, 2017, 11:54:41 AM
May 1969 West Ham become the first team in history to play in kits made of ham etc etc.
laughed

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 27, 2020, 09:39:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear it, man, and I would agree that sometimes depending on my mood this is one of the places I should really stay away from for a couple of days, though it is difficult. Spare time during lockdown, this forum is basically the only place I know where to be!

I hope you feel better soon. Go out for a walk, maybe? It's a beautiful morning today.

And I'm back. Phew, what a surprise.

Thanks, fella, just had a lovely walk around the park. This is the only place I know where to be too, so I'm genuinely sorry for snapping earlier. Dunno what I'd do without you splendid pricks.

Soz.

buntyman

Bit of a shame all this nasty business, I'd really been enjoying TFTM over lockdown. Hope this doesn't interfere with the release of the final episode of the snow White odyssey.
Never ceases to amaze me the people that are very reliant on Twitter followings for their career continue to use it so carelessly.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: notjosh on May 27, 2020, 11:02:43 AM
It's not really a "threat of assault" is it? Just like the Cabbers in that Remain Indoors thread aren't actually levelling serious allegations of child rape against Sir Captain Sir Tom Moore.[nb]Sorry lads, have to say this in case his lawyers are reading. We all know the score.[/nb] It was a bad idea, and maybe a bit mean-spirited, to tweet it directly at his wife, but even then the prospect of being "booted in the bollocks" isn't exactly going to keep him up at night is it? He may as well have threatened to give him a wedgie or slap him with a fish.

Threat or not, it's still an extremely unpleasant thing to have done. Take a step back and view the events: blurting out something regrettable during a live interview is one thing, but conjuring up the thought, and then committing that thought to text, and then looking at the text and the recipient and thinking, "yeah, that's appropriate behaviour for a rational, grown man"? Nah, I'm not having that, I'm afraid.

QuoteIt's a joke, taking the piss out of po-faced corporate responses to minor social media furores. People getting angry about it only makes it more appropriate.

Oh, it's a joke! Blimey, I hadn't considered that.