Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,345
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:12:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Andy Dawson's a touchy prick, isn't he?

Started by SpiderChrist, July 06, 2017, 09:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notjosh

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 27, 2020, 11:36:54 AM
Oh, it's a joke! Blimey, I hadn't considered that.

Worth restating though innit? It's all sticks and stones in the end, not really worth getting worked up about.

And you can keep your 'rational' and 'grown-up' behaviour. What's wrong with being a stupid wally? Or is that 'not PC' anymore? This country...

alan nagsworth

Quote from: notjosh on May 27, 2020, 12:04:13 PM
Worth restating though innit? It's all sticks and stones in the end, not really worth getting worked up about.

You didn't need to state it the first time: it was very obvious in its lumbering humourlessness that it was supposed to be a joke.

QuoteAnd you can keep your 'rational' and 'grown-up' behaviour. What's wrong with being a stupid wally? Or is that 'not PC' anymore? This country...

Hmm...

phantom_power

If nothing else someone as active on Twitter as Dawson should have known the reaction it would get, and how it could be used by right wing cunts to whatabout the next time one of their lot says something vile

Chollis

Thursday

It's just a stupid thing to do on a site that's main method of dealing with abuse and harassment is often "ban someone who uses a swear word when talking to a blue tick" Not really sure what else he could have expected here.

Mister Six

Quote from: notjosh on May 27, 2020, 11:02:43 AM
It's not really a "threat of assault" is it? Just like the Cabbers in that Remain Indoors thread aren't actually levelling serious allegations of child rape against Sir Captain Sir Tom Moore.[nb]Sorry lads, have to say this in case his lawyers are reading. We all know the score.[/nb] It was a bad idea, and maybe a bit mean-spirited, to tweet it directly at his wife, but even then the prospect of being "booted in the bollocks" isn't exactly going to keep him up at night is it?

If some minor celeb tweeted at me that he wanted to kick my wife in the cunt, I'd be quite upset, even if she was Michael Gove. I think a certain amount of opprobrium is justified.

BritishHobo

And I don't think there's a single person on here who would think it smart, if they were a celebrity or public figure, to tweet out the darkest bits of humour on here, and definitely not to their subjects. The jokes are made because we know in the context and atmosphere they're written in is one of being theatrically over-the-top - we all know nobody wants Prince George to be eaten by a mountain lion or whatever (although I actually do). But if you were a journalist or entertainer and you tweeted that at Prince William, you'd be very very daft.

Garam

Stuff like this is the bare minimum they deserve, good for Dawson, the rest of you - grow some balls!!

C_Larence

Quote from: Garam on May 27, 2020, 09:56:20 PM
Stuff like this is the bare minimum they deserve, good for Dawson, the rest of you - grow some balls!!

It achieves nothing though. They won't actually be outraged by it, but they'll use it to sneer at the "left" for being violent or unstable or whatever.

king_tubby

If he didn't spend most of his time punching left instead of right, maybe. Also I stan Curtis Stigers.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 27, 2020, 11:23:10 AM
And I'm back. Phew, what a surprise.

Thanks, fella, just had a lovely walk around the park. This is the only place I know where to be too, so I'm genuinely sorry for snapping earlier. Dunno what I'd do without you splendid pricks.

Soz.

Hope you're all good, shiner.  More people on CaB should take a walk around the park now and again. It's getting 'orrible on here at the moment. I almost miss the elitist comedy snobs from the old days.

PlanktonSideburns

It's the lack of actual gove bollock shoeing that's the real tragedy here

Cold Meat Platter

Having just seen Gove on LBC basically baring his hoop at the British public and laughing I can understand the brain boiling anger that may have caused this.

idunnosomename

not only would I kick gove in the bollocks, i would put sarah vine through gruelling surgery to apply his bollocks to her body just so i could kick her in them

Captain Z

By the time I'd finished kicking him Gove's bollocks would look like two large mangoes.

idunnosomename

i love mangoes but i couldn't eat two of them

wooders1978

Heard he got arrested? Might be Twitter bollocks

mippy

What do I need balls for?

idunnosomename

Quote from: mippy on May 28, 2020, 11:48:54 AM
What do I need balls for?
the balls that are held for charity are the balls i like the best

king_tubby

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 28, 2020, 01:04:44 AM
i love mangoes but i couldn't eat two of them

I believe this to be a lie. Go and buy two mangoes.

idunnosomename

still laughing at the west ham wearing ham thing

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Captain Z on May 28, 2020, 12:36:23 AM
By the time I'd finished kicking him Gove's bollocks would look like two large mangoes.

Ta, just reminded me I've 2 mangos in my fridge. I'm going to hollow out one of them, use it as a sex toy, and post the semen-filled drupe to the shit-filled dope Gove.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 27, 2020, 10:56:05 PM
Hope you're all good, shiner.  More people on CaB should take a walk around the park now and again. It's getting 'orrible on here at the moment. I almost miss the elitist comedy snobs from the old days.

Thanks, man. Everything is bloody awful for us all at the moment, but the sun is shining and I'm listening to an old episode of Chart Music in which they hilariously rip the piss out of Simon Bates. So it's not all bad.

Thursday

Quote from: wooders1978 on May 28, 2020, 06:39:13 AM
Heard he got arrested? Might be Twitter bollocks

Arrested and thrown in jail? just for saying he'd kick someone in the balls in front of their kids?

When did this come in?

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 28, 2020, 05:30:22 PM
Thanks, man. Everything is bloody awful for us all at the moment, but the sun is shining and I'm listening to an old episode of Chart Music in which they hilariously rip the piss out of Simon Bates. So it's not all bad.

There is always Chart Music. Long may it continue.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 28, 2020, 06:53:15 PM
There is always Chart Music. Long may it continue.

And that's just each episode.

wooders1978

Quote from: Thursday on May 28, 2020, 06:01:31 PM
Arrested and thrown in jail? just for saying he'd kick someone in the balls in front of their kids?

When did this come in?

Appears to be twitter bollocks - soz

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

You've gotta laugh, I suppose, at the performatively outraged folk on Twitter who are threatening to boycott The Guardian if they continue to employ Andy.

Andy is a freelance journalist whose last article for The Guardian was published in 2018. But that's Twitter for you. Trifling little things such as facts and details are of no consequence.