Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:46:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Andy Dawson's a touchy prick, isn't he?

Started by SpiderChrist, July 06, 2017, 09:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Well I know the term 'journalist' has been completely devalued recently, but really?

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/andy-dawson

Still, good to know he hates his kids as much as he does Curtis Stigers.

chveik

yeah if you're considering to boycott The Guardian for this particular incident - and not the Corbyn bashing or the existence of Peter Bradshaw, you're already morally bankrupt

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: chveik on May 28, 2020, 10:33:48 PM
yeah if you're considering to boycott The Guardian for this particular incident - and not the Corbyn bashing or the existence of Peter Bradshaw, you're already morally bankrupt

Yep, exactly.

Thomas

Quote from: chveik on May 28, 2020, 10:33:48 PM
the Corbyn bashing

'SEEN YOU. Go on, guess how many articles I've written for the Guardian.'

idunnosomename

To be fair they throw you in jail for just saying youre english these days so its very plausible

Utter Shit

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 28, 2020, 10:16:44 PM
You've gotta laugh, I suppose, at the performatively outraged folk on Twitter who are threatening to boycott The Guardian if they continue to employ Andy.

Andy is a freelance journalist whose last article for The Guardian was published in 2018. But that's Twitter for you. Trifling little things such as facts and details are of no consequence.

That's just people trying to tie it to politics as seems to be the case with everything at the moment. As someone (you?) said earlier, Gove has written more often and more recently for The Guardian than him.

Jittlebags

He seemed to brush it off without mentioning it on TFTM today whilst discussing Geoff Capes trending.

Quote from: Jittlebags on May 29, 2020, 08:10:07 PM
He seemed to brush it off without mentioning it on TFTM today whilst discussing Geoff Capes trending.

Yes, and he briefly acknowledged the whole palaver at the end of the episode when he sincerely thanked folk for saying supportive things to him during the last few days. He hasn't been arrested, he isn't in jail, he's fine. Good.

Blue Jam

Andy Dawson and Alom Shaha have quit Twitter after shoe expert and stupid person Sarah Vine objected to them criticising her:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8372869/Left-wing-writer-teacher-girls-school-target-Michael-Goves-family-Twitter.html

QuoteLast night Ms Vine said that Mr Shaha, who she noted used a protected account, and another man had 'discussed my teenage daughter like a piece of meat on Twitter'.

What was your daughter doing, Mrs Gove? Was she "flaunting her curves", "putting on a leggy display" or "showcasing her burgeoning baby bump"? Or looking "chest swell"?

Blue Jam

EDIT: in case the shoe-fancier reads this.

BritishHobo

That's truly insane, that is. A couple of people mentioning the fact that Vine's daughter posts some dissenting thoughts on TikTok with regards to her parents' political views, and Vine is quite openly portraying them as sinister paedophiles who were leering over her sexually. Just an outright and despicable smear of very damaging proportions. What an absolutely fucking loathsome pair her and Gove are.

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 31, 2020, 04:05:36 AM
That's truly insane, that is. A couple of people mentioning the fact that Vine's daughter posts some dissenting thoughts on TikTok with regards to her parents' political views, and Vine is quite openly portraying them as sinister paedophiles who were leering over her sexually. Just an outright and despicable smear of very damaging proportions. What an absolutely fucking loathsome pair her and Gove are.

The 'piece of meat' comment is uncalled for. That terminology can only be interpreted one way and it's totally inappropriate given the circumstances. It's a bit weird that a parent would choose to lead the conversation in that direction really.

Blue Jam

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 31, 2020, 04:05:36 AM

It's even worse for Alom Shaha, who is a teacher at a girls' school.

At least he didn't get a criminal record over a joke though- why aren't the FREEZE PEACH types defending Andy, eh?

The Daily Mail hates feminism and cancel culture and loves painting female victims of sexual assault as "false accusers" who gleefully ruin men's lives and careers, but The Bride Of Pob is happy to forget all that when her own daughter is concerned. What a nasty piece of work she is.

idunnosomename

Absolute brownshirt like use of "left-wing" as an epithet aside, find it amusing how the Mail describes listening to podcasts as "tuning in"

notjosh

QuoteMr Dawson's Twitter account had 50,000 followers, but was taken down yesterday. He is the highest-profile troll to be identified during the Dominic Cummings affair.

What on Earth is that supposed to mean?

idunnosomename

first they came for the trolls, but i did not speak out-to find out why click here: www.goatse.cx

PlanktonSideburns

jobotic

What did they actually write about the daughter ?

Blue Jam

Quote from: jobotic on May 31, 2020, 01:37:16 PM
What did they actually write about the daughter ?

Quote from: Andy DawsonI see your cunt of a husband is lying through his fucking teeth all over the TV this morning.

I'd pay hard cash to chase the fucker down the street and boot him in the balls and DEFINITELY in front of your kids cos they need to know what a rank shithouse their dad is.'

Quote from: Alom ShahaI would love to see a fucking 12-year-old of one of these bastards leave home and claim asylum saying they don't want to live with fascists.

Alright, Dawson's tweet could possibly be interpreted as a threat of violence but neither of them discussed a teenage girl "like a piece of meat". I think they had actually been applauding her for questioning her parents' odious beliefs on TikTok. Nothing sexual at all and Sarah Vine's implication there is absolutely vile.

Ambient Sheep

That's not exactly the bit she was complaining about.  The convo that she claimed was discussing her daughter "like a piece of meat" appears to have been this, which is nothing of the kind (and didn't involve Dawson, it's a somewhat separate issue):

Apparently she (pretends to) think(s) that makes both Mic and Alom sleazy.  As did loads of Twitter trolls who accused them of somehow perving over the 17yo daughter.

The good news is she seems to have backed down a bit now (I think she's removed her tweet now, although I'm crap at Twitter) after Mic threatened to sue her for libel.

Mic is a great bunch of lads. Jesus fucking Christ, there's nothing remotely dodgy about that tweet. Vine, Gove, all of them, they're despicable.

SteveDave

Please replace Andy Dawson on Athletico Mince with the robot voice from Gossipmongers.

mippy

Mic is definitely planning to sue, and good luck to him. Like Lineham, people need to learn that just because you have followers/a platform means you can't go about suggesting those who disagree with you are paedophiles.

I wish that was hyperbole, but that's 2020 for you.

The Roofdog

Neither the Mince account or Bob have tweeted since Andy disappeared. Is that it then?

Pink Gregory

Presumably Athletico Parsnips is still putting stuff out on Patreon?

24th May was the last parsnips patreon episode.
I wouldn't worry, probably just keeping their heads down.

DrGreggles

Quote from: The Roofdog on June 15, 2020, 03:15:37 PM
Neither the Mince account or Bob have tweeted since Andy disappeared. Is that it then?

TFTM have released plenty, so they're probably just having another break.
Pretty sure they couldn't keep their Patreon going if they'd stopped for good.

Enzo

Quote from: SteveDave on June 03, 2020, 08:43:54 AM
Please replace Andy Dawson on Athletico Mince with the robot voice from Gossipmongers.

+1