Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:46:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Andy Dawson's a touchy prick, isn't he?

Started by SpiderChrist, July 06, 2017, 09:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Quote from: chocolate teapot on September 21, 2017, 12:23:47 PM
I didn't know if that was a setup for your joke but I'll explain it anyway. slid into dm's = made a move, casual about it, didn't follow norms like introducing self or saying hello, just going straight in there.  DM's are Direct Messages, private messages you can send to another tweeter.

No it was real ignorance. Thanks, that explains it.

chocolate teapot

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 21, 2017, 01:15:33 PM
What about "from that Diana account", "looooool", or "a spice like me with Pet Shop Boy bants"? Is FUERTESKNIGHT TFM from off of here?
Again, taking this straightforwardly, Andy Dawson created an account called 'Diana in Heaven' it was actually *shrugs* ok. Using that account he dm'ed FUERTRESKNIGHT and chatted her up referring to his Andy Dawson account in the third person. ie -

'Andy told me he had another dream about you last night.'

FUERTRESKNIGHT is not TFM.

jobotic - you're welcome :-)

touchingcloth

Well, I think it's fair to say I have a deep and abiding hatred for Andy, Diana and FUERTESKNIGHT.

National Hero

Quote from: BritishHobo on September 21, 2017, 12:31:35 PM
I find this kind of thing really fascinating. What must it be like to be the kind of person who intentionally needles someone else for ages, and then when they finally snap back, turns precious with no self-awareness, as if the attack has come out of nowhere? Sneer at someone over tweets about how they've done nothing with their life (an angle of attack that doesn't really work when they demonstrably have), then when they rib you back about doing nothing with your life, trip over yourself in self-righteous disbelief that anyone could dare say something so rude.

It's especially fascinating when you see that what Jones' tweets were really very mild compared with Dawson's. But, for me, the lowest point was when Dawson played The Class Card. It's a very cheap tactic for winning sympathy, and there's not much that sets my teeth on edge more than someone bringing in class snobbery after they've been held accountable for their cuntishness or, as in this case, been given a bit of ribbing back. Coming from a working class background myself, I've had my fair share of experience with this kind of person, and whatever struggles and disadvantages they may have faced doesn't mean they're not responsible for being a decent human being. I know their opinions differ on this.

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 21, 2017, 01:15:33 PM
What about "from that Diana account", "looooool", or "a spice like me with Pet Shop Boy bants"? Is FUERTESKNIGHT TFM from off of here?

Yeah I understand that it means someone has sent that user a DM but it sounds like it wasn't Andy but another user called Diana who was relaying a story about him? Is that correct?

BritishHobo

What an absolute first-class knob this guy is. Tweets over and over mercilessly slagging off Jones, and the moment he gets a single tweet back he goes off again several more times, with absolute humourless aggression.

chocolate teapot

Quote from: Gwen Taylor on ITV on September 21, 2017, 01:55:21 PM
Yeah I understand that it means someone has sent that user a DM but it sounds like it wasn't Andy but another user called Diana who was relaying a story about him? Is that correct?

No the diana in heaven account IS Andy.

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Quote from: chocolate teapot on September 21, 2017, 01:58:44 PM
No the diana in heaven account IS Andy.

Oh yeah sorry, another poster said the same thing further up the thread.  Thanks!

chocolate teapot

haha it's ok, the whole things bloody ridiculous innit.

SpiderChrist

Vindication feels like the loveliest, longest, sloppiest blow job ever.

The problem is that, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, Athletico Mince is fantastic and Bob Mortimer is clearly one of the funniest men on the planet (that I know of). It's quite difficult to listen to Dawson's (in comparison) unfunny bollocks without feeling nauseous, particularly in the light of what a humourless, defensive spunkbubble he is on that Twitter.

Blinder Data

Yep, staggering lack of self-awareness from Andy Dawson. If you call someone a cunt on Twitter why get annoyed when they call you a cunt back? He also incorrectly equated going to Oxbridge with 'being upper-class'. Owen Jones might be annoying but he's no posho.

The podcast is amazing but it's amazing because of Bob.

I've replied to one of his tweets telling him, as reasonably as I can, that he's overreacting to somebody's tweets. Let's see how long it takes before I get blocked.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: chocolate teapot on September 21, 2017, 02:23:20 PM
haha it's ok, the whole things bloody ridiculous innit.

I must admit, even with all the explanations, I'm still struggling to understand it all...

phantom_power

The early podcasts were so annoying with Andy cutting off Bob's flights of fancy but thankfully he seems to have cut that shit out now.

That video of Owen Jones and Alistair Campbell is incredibly cringey though

BritishHobo

Done it again. Slagged off Matt-Zarb Cousin as a dead-eyed chancer, and then went completely fucking unhinged when the guy dared to reply.

JamesTC

Quote from: BritishHobo on September 21, 2017, 06:32:59 PM
Done it again. Slagged off Matt-Zarb Cousin as a dead-eyed chancer, and then went completely fucking unhinged when the guy dared to reply.

Just had a look. Definition of can give it out but can't take it.

The fact that he tries to play it off as him being threatened is ludicrous.

Twed

I wish Athletico Mince was just Bob. He's spoiling Bob for me.

Enzo

Quote from: BritishHobo on September 21, 2017, 06:32:59 PM

That sent me over the edge tbh. Got very nasty about Matt-Zarb Cousin's very worthy work against FOBTs, ended up calling him a cunt and saying his songs were shit. Waiting for the inevitable block now.

asids

He's now going on about how the Blair government helped him with benefits when he was on £11k at a call centre (playing the working class hero thing again) and he'd rather have that than uninterrupted Tory rule that we would apparently have with someone like Corbyn, and that the centre ground wins elections. Ok, just conveniently ignore the fact that centrist Labour utterly failed in 2015 (and 2010) and that the party's seen a massive upturn since Corbyn then, you knob. He talks so much shit it's unbelievable.

He's like a child in a man's body. Why does he feel the need to go and randomly attack people on Twitter, hoping to get some sort of reaction, then turn it back on them when they do react? Does he really have nothing better to do? Does he feel he needs to prove his worth somehow by being involved in Twitter spats, that it will make him into somebody known? It's just so strange. Is it like the thing Limmy used to do on Twitter, just be a cunt to people but in an ironic way to make them hate him because it's funny?

Enzo

Quote from: asids on September 21, 2017, 11:00:55 PM
It's just so strange. Is it like the thing Limmy used to do on Twitter, just be a cunt to people but in an ironic way to make them hate him because it's funny?

I think it's genuinely his personality.

Gwen Taylor on ITV

I do wonder if he thinks he's genuinely being witty by picking on people with his shit insults, and a lot of petulance towards people talking back at him is a sign he's upset that people aren't reacting with a 'lol well done mate very funny'.

I mean this is a guy that published a whole book of 'get in the sea' so he must think he's very funny.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Andy is a nice, funny fella. This is all very unfortunate. That's my hot take.

Eis Nein

It's been a rocky few months for Centrist Dad. Sleeping in the Jag, a bad business.

Chriddof

I don't think I'd heard of Andy Dawson before this thread. How absolutely baffling it all is. I looked up the "Get In The Sea" book and one thing stood out - what does he say about drones? The reasons for and against are quite complex and more worthy of careful consideration than 140 characters spent on manbuns.

Speak

i really enjoyed Athletico Mince and for a long time didn't really know who Andy was outside of it. I went to see it live too, thankfully at the time i still didn't know much about him and liked his input.

It was very saddening to see his twitter though. Changed my opinion of him and how he is on the podcast massively. Makes me also sad that Bob is linked to such a bellend.

I still like listening to the podcasts for Bob, but Andy is a bit of a depressing, bitter hinderance on it now, a bit like a good interviewee putting up with Herring on RHLSTP.

phantom_power

How did they get together in the first place?

Speak

Quote from: phantom_power on September 23, 2017, 07:31:30 AM
How did they get together in the first place?

think they met through a football show or something similar; not too long ago. Maybe he wasn't such a fanny at that point,  maybe the coverage he's got and the constant comparing to Bob that's turned him into Twitter Napleon.