Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:18:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Andy Dawson's a touchy prick, isn't he?

Started by SpiderChrist, July 06, 2017, 09:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 15, 2020, 05:32:01 PM
TFTM have released plenty, so they're probably just having another break.
Pretty sure they couldn't keep their Patreon going if they'd stopped for good.
Bob did mention in one of the recent episodes that he was finding it hard to get anything productive done in lockdown, so that might be one reason to take a break

Blue Jam

bgmnts

Blue Jam

Done here too, I should add. I loathe the way the Mail do these hatchet jobs on anyone they deem too "uppity" and powerless enough to not sue them and I hope someone finally gets to strike back at the shoe expert Bride of Pob and their ilk.

Jittlebags

According to the Mirror, Andy accepted a police caution three weeks ago. So, I'd imagine they're just giving it a month or two.

Captain Z

Quote from: Jittlebags on June 26, 2020, 10:44:54 PM
According to the Mirror, Andy accepted a police caution three weeks ago.

I coulda nicked ya... but I diiidn't.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Jittlebags on June 26, 2020, 10:44:54 PM
According to the Mirror, Andy accepted a police caution three weeks ago. So, I'd imagine they're just giving it a month or two.

I hope he had legal advice. He's a wanker, but too many people accept cautions thinking it will make everything go away, rather than being a conviction. Still, he's unlikely to be applying for any actual jobs I suppose.

bgmnts

bgmnts

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on June 29, 2020, 12:39:52 PM
Where'd you hear that?

Email this morning:

QuoteHello...
...just a quick update to let you know that as there'll be no new stuff from us in July, you won't be charged the monthly Parsnips subscription (there was no charge in June either).

Hope you're all safe and well! 

Thanks,

Bob & Andy

sutin

Aw, that sucks. What's the longest break they've had before this? I hope it comes back.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Two month break between December 2016 and February 2017.
Two month break between February and April 2017.
Two month break between May and July 2017.
Three month break between September and December 2017.
Two month break between December 2019 and February 2020.

It'll be back, I'm sure.

DrGreggles

The Patreon pause, rather than cancellation, suggests that it'll be back.
There's every chance that they had already planned to take June and July off anyway, as they've never warned of the previous long breaks.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 29, 2020, 08:32:52 PM
The Patreon pause, rather than cancellation, suggests that it'll be back.
There's every chance that they had already planned to take June and July off anyway, as they've never warned of the previous long breaks.

Yeah, it's just something they do from time to time.

Jittlebags

Steve Mc Laren and Casper heading for Dundee. That ensures it'll be back. All that tartan laminate flooring.

And speaking of which. Is this twat related ? https://www.linkedin.com/in/steve-mclaren-4744b436

PaulTMA

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 29, 2020, 07:13:50 PM

It'll be back, I'm sure.

when was the incident with the pigeon

sutin

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 29, 2020, 07:13:50 PM

It'll be back, I'm sure.

Ah thanks, that makes me feel better about it. I only started listening to AM in 2019 (and plowed through them all in 2 and a half months), so wasn't really aware of previous hiatuses.

tinner777

Bob is back on Twitter. So mince will be returning I'd say.

MikkiDisco

Athletico Mince for me shows just how funny a man Bob Mortimer is more than anything else he's done. It's one thing to be funny alongside Vic Reeves or Paul Whitehouse, but to have a show that is as hilarious as Mince despite one half of the act being painfully unfunny the majority of the time* is impressive as fuck.

* I do like the Corbyn bits.

Captain Crunch

If you'd like to read 59 pages of exactly that opinion then here's the thread for you:

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,52894.0.html

PaulTMA

Detest the Corbyn bits, but the one where he brought in Billy Bragg was surprisingly funny to my ears

Blue Jam

Really don't get all the anger at Andy Dawson, I think he's alright. Had a couple of pleasant exchanges with him on Twitter before the Shoe-Loving Bride of Pob chased him off.

sutin

I didn't listen to Athletico Mince for years because of Dawson's involvement. I hated 'Get In The Sea', 'Diana In Heaven' and his general Twitter persona. I'm still baffled by why Bob saw him on Twitter and thought him a good person to work on comedy with, but it gives hope to us all I suppose.

sutin

The only thing that I remember enjoying of his on Mince was the first 'Fox In My Kitchen' song. The Corbyn bits are beyond shite.

PlanktonSideburns

Mister Six

Quote from: sutin on July 04, 2020, 05:02:23 PM
I didn't listen to Athletico Mince for years because of Dawson's involvement. I hated 'Get In The Sea'

Oh, he's the one who did that? He'll probably still be lurking in here won't he?

Get in grave is just so much better - it's alliterative, it has a better rhythm, the lack of "the" makes it sound harsher yet more absurd, and the hard G and V sounds just sound better in insults than sybillant S and floaty EE. Pshaw.

Mister Six

Mister Six

Seriously though, "Get in grave" is "Get in the sea", except it emerged on here before Dawson started doing "Get in the sea". That said, I'm sure the similarity between these functionally and structurally identical memes is a TOTAL COINCIDENCE.