Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:12:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Truly pathetic attempts at humour

Started by Tikwid, July 08, 2017, 01:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenoise

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on July 18, 2017, 08:14:31 PM
I've said it before here, I genuinely believe Rogers Profanisaurus as a work of literary genius.

Yes, at least half a dozen laughs every profanisaurus update for me.  That and the letters/tips are the first thing I always read.

neveragain

God what a load of cunts. I'm no big fan of John Oliver but conspiracy theorists do my nut in, particularly when they're pro-Trump etc.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

hard rocx and mettals

What a twatty cig hanging out PJW's mouth in his DP. And he's not a performance artist/parody?

Bhazor

Quincey

I thought that was an Onion style spoof but TWID appears to be a real restaurant.

It's a shame as eating a meal in a booth made to look like an opera box seems fun and listening to opera while you eat would be fun as well but I would not want a man clambering about the place, making me jump and singing to me 15cm from my face. Although one of the people in the comments says he does not behave like this. A lot of people seem to want to go for the LOLRANDOMness of the place, so I suppose the video has done its job.

Replies From View

Quote from: newbridge on July 16, 2017, 04:33:39 PM

Something about turquoise vs yellow backgrounds?

Is the joke "yellow is the colour of jealousy"?  Green is supposed to be envy though.  Looking and commenting is the 'healthy' option, a yellow background.  Foreground person has a hairband with animal ears.  Argh, I give up.

Replies From View

Quote from: New Jack on July 17, 2017, 07:03:11 PM
OK, you defend it to the admin rather than just say "nope" to me. It's easy to disagree with me when the admin has complained about the same stuff.

To be fair I don't think "the admin" was speaking as "the admin" at that moment, as in "I want to see an end to this stuff or else".  He was just speaking as his human self, offering an opinion.

Chriddof

Quote from: Replies From View on August 02, 2017, 11:01:21 AM
Foreground person has a hairband with animal ears.  Argh, I give up.

I'm not sure where the joke is either, but I must point out that the foreground person appears to be cosplaying as some sort of sexy Pikachu.

Replies From View

Quote from: Chriddof on August 02, 2017, 11:38:18 AM
Pikachu.

You may as well be saying "Tamagotchi" to me there.  I've heard the word before but I don't associate anything with it.  Can anyone who knows what it means explain the joke?

jobotic

Quote from: Replies From View on August 02, 2017, 11:01:21 AM
Something about turquoise vs yellow backgrounds?

Is the joke "yellow is the colour of jealousy"?  Green is supposed to be envy though.  Looking and commenting is the 'healthy' option, a yellow background.  Foreground person has a hairband with animal ears.  Argh, I give up.

It's not a joke is it? Isn't it part of some terrible relationship advice comic strip?

Chriddof

Quote from: jobotic on August 02, 2017, 11:47:48 AM
It's not a joke is it? Isn't it part of some terrible relationship advice comic strip?

That was what I was kind of wondering myself, but I kept assuming there must be something that was meant to be a joke. I think you're right.

Quote from: Replies From View on August 02, 2017, 11:42:22 AM
You may as well be saying "Tamagotchi" to me there.  I've heard the word before but I don't associate anything with it.  Can anyone who knows what it means explain the joke?

Pikachu is this character from the hugely popular video game / card game / anime TV series, Pokemon:

And cosplaying basically means "fancy dress".

Replies From View

Argh.

Okay I can see this is a world I'm never going to get my head around.  The joke could be outright hilarious for all I know.  I'm thinking it's to do with my age, but then if someone showed me a picture of, I don't know, Lion-o holding his sword aloft and saying "give me sight beyond sight" whilst standing in an opticians I don't think I'd find that funny either.  I just don't get reference humour.

jobotic

I'm guessing Lion-o is from Thundercats, which never interested me and you're right that wouldn't be funny.

Tell you what though - do it, you'll be an internet sensation ledge!

Cuellar

Quote from: hard rocx and mettals on July 31, 2017, 03:48:51 PM
What a twatty cig hanging out PJW's mouth in his DP. And he's not a performance artist/parody?

Smoking is the ultimate way to stick to the loony left, because lung cancer and emphysema are a MSM conspiracy.

I wish I was joking (I don't, it's hilarious BECAUSE it's true).

Hank the Rapper

Any of this fucking shitwank.

Like an even less sophisticated "Love is..."

Sad thing is, it's such a compelling hate watch/read...

Twed

Jesus Christ, that could only be written by somebody with a brain made out of jelly, or by a jellyfish.

Such satisfied-just-to-exist artless pap.

It's that sort of humour where people think it's literally enough just to say "there was a large amount of food and a person would be greedy to eat it... BUT THE PERSON DID EAT THE FOOD AND THAT'S THE PUNCHLINE! A PERSON WAS GREEDY!".

Twed

Oh my fucking Christ

most recent comic

didn't even have to hunt for it

Hank the Rapper

I know. I almost lost a good friendship whilst criticising them, as said friend knows the creator. I guess there might be a marginally talented artist in there somewhere, they've done the Rick and Morty Mr. Poopybutthole comic, but Jesus... their fucking twee faces...

Twed

Did your friend explain to you that in one of the comics there is too much food but it gets eaten anyway, and then the character makes a shitty fucking face?

Hank the Rapper

No, he thought it remiss of me to criticise a hard-working independent comic artist, whilst being a fan of a show that featured emoji robots in its most recent season. Fair point, really.

Twed

All people who have jobs are deserving of them and immune from criticism. Come on, you know that.

Bhazor

Nice montage of crap 90s 80s standup from everythingisterrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei916rq9x0M

Hank the Rapper

Quote from: Twed on August 07, 2017, 07:19:48 PM
All people who have jobs are deserving of them and immune from criticism. Come on, you know that.

Sorry, sir. It won't happen again, sir.

Uncle TechTip

Twed

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on August 07, 2017, 07:35:22 PM
Do you think it might be for kids?
No, not at all. This is clearly squarely aimed at 20-35 year old Internet People who really do have that fucking boring zombie apocalypse conversation repeatedly and read Ready Player One.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Twed on August 07, 2017, 07:08:34 PM
Did your friend explain to you that in one of the comics there is too much food but it gets eaten anyway, and then the character makes a shitty fucking face?

I mean that's basically a Ralph Wiggum put-down. So it's not just shit, it's also stolen and had all the charm peeled off it.

Twed

You've either misunderstood the target, intention and meaning of what I wrote there or you have a very confusing view of Ralph Wiggum's character. And it's actually stolen from Stewart Lee. Ahhhhhhhh.

It's also not my fucking job to please you with the quality of my put-downs. I could just go on and on about why the comic is just shit instead if I wanted to, due to that being what the thread is for.