Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:43:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Truly pathetic attempts at humour

Started by Tikwid, July 08, 2017, 01:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

Stupid Comics is a haven for stuff like this.  You can almost hear canned laughter playing when reading this mind numbing Flintstones panels.

Catalogue Trousers

Urgh. Whoever came up with this dreary piece of vapid sassiness needs to be shot. Seriously.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

famethrowa

For truly nerdy non-humour, it's hard to go past the "Bench Humor" thread on Ampage, a guitar amp fixing site. With pure tech comedy gems like this one:

A couple of years ago, a customer called to enquire about repairing his amplifier. As my secretary took the call I could see that she was becoming frustrated. She asked me to take the call. This customer had a *Petis* *amppifier*. I asked him the model of his amp and he was unsure. However, he did say that it had two big plungers on the front.I opined that I was sure the ladies enjoyed it. He said they did. Unfortunately the amp had the serial #'s ground off so I couldn't help him.

Small Man Big Horse

newbridge

Quote from: hard rocx and mettals on July 08, 2017, 08:15:26 PM
this featured on a recent big Twitter thread of 'the worst mid-2000s videogame webcomics you can find', which includes plenty of other execrable examples:

https://twitter.com/abigbagofkeys/status/879398284384587776

+1 karma for this Twitter user:

Phil_A

Quote from: newbridge on July 09, 2017, 03:41:34 PM
+1 karma for this Twitter user:

I can't get over that fucking weird drawing of Kramer, it's like the Tom Waits' corpse after a week in the river.

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: neveragain on July 08, 2017, 09:24:45 PM
I've been watching some of the midday repeats on Challenge recently and some of the gags that Brucie et al are forced to spew out are really convoluted.

You're not wrong there. I always got the impression they were Bruce's idea as a leg-up to the girls to help them get on in showbusiness. He occasionally did it on The Price is Right too with equally unsuccessful results, usually because the premise was based on them flirting with him.

Glebe

Fuck me, that Girlz 'n' Games cartoon, what the fuck? And the C+A+D, am I missing something?

Phil_A

Quote from: Glebe on July 09, 2017, 05:39:49 PM
And the C+A+D, am I missing something?

It's a meme based around Tim Buckley's hamhanded attempt to introduce drama into his shitty gaming webcomic by making the main female character have a miscarriage. There have been many, many re-edits and parodies of this over the years. This one has Kramer as the final panel.

http://knowyourmeme.com/videos/142885-cadbortion-loss-edits

newbridge

It's also based on another awful webcomic in that Twitter thread and someone's request that this bizarre drawing of Kramer become the final panel in every comic.

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: Phil_A on July 08, 2017, 05:11:31 PM
I think Orange cinema ads epitomise this, the kind of thing you'd smirk at once or twice, but if you had to sit though them in front of multiple films, resentment gradually developed into a bitter, burning hatred.

I agree, but I also remember the Val Kilmer one, which touched on the "difficult" reputation he genuinely does/did have, came out around the same time as the Extras Xmas special which had Clive Owen as a ridiculous sub-cartoonish diva which had no meaningful connection to any kind of reality, and it occurred to me that the former was actually a lot bolder im terms of both acting and writing.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

At Cambridge station they've put up a little funny Fred Bassett-esque comic to liven up all the commuters

I was sort of torn between here or the desolation thread

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Love the satirical edge to this one - really makes you think.

I'm pretty sure that Powerup Comics! was a parody of the form.

Phil_A

Quote from: Gwen Taylor on ITV on July 09, 2017, 10:39:06 PM
Love the satirical edge to this one - really makes you think.

That one was an intentional spoof made by the members of another forum. I remember they were trying to keep it going as long as they could before anyone realised.

There's another slightly less subtle parody of Least I Could Do on the same site.

http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Smug_I_Could_Do/5121095/

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on July 09, 2017, 07:41:19 PM
I was sort of torn between here or the desolation thread

That's a recreation of an actual Web comic that I saw on Facebook the other day, can't recall the artist. Does that make  it more desolate or less?

mippy

There are many questions I have about the Civ comic, but I think the main one is whether the artist has ever actually seen a human woman before.

jobotic

Quote from: slapasoldier on July 09, 2017, 11:36:49 AM

You lot loved that. You're still dining out on it. Next you'll be saying you didn't like Liam Byrne's hilarious letter.

Jerzy Bondov

Seen that Kramer comic loads of times and only just noticed she calls him 'Kraimer'

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: mippy on July 10, 2017, 11:30:13 AM
There are many questions I have about the Civ comic, but I think the main one is whether the artist has ever actually seen a human woman before.

yup, the one on the left in the first panel appears to have an arse for tits

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Harpo Speaks on July 10, 2017, 01:37:59 AM
That's a recreation of an actual Web comic that I saw on Facebook the other day, can't recall the artist. Does that make  it more desolate or less?

Really? Fuck me that raises it into stratospheric levels of pointlessness then. I'd be interested to see the original just to see if anything was lost in the transcription (if there even was anything to lose)

haigyman

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on July 10, 2017, 08:57:41 PM
Really? Fuck me that raises it into stratospheric levels of pointlessness then. I'd be interested to see the original just to see if anything was lost in the transcription (if there even was anything to lose)

http://www.mrlovenstein.com/comic/823#comic

not much to lose, really.

Rocket Surgery

Quote from: haigyman on July 10, 2017, 10:06:06 PM
http://www.mrlovenstein.com/comic/823#comic

not much to lose, really.

Nope, just a spot of gratuitous profanity which nullifies the potential excuse that it was aimed at small children.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: hard rocx and mettals on July 08, 2017, 08:15:26 PM
this featured on a recent big Twitter thread of 'the worst mid-2000s videogame webcomics you can find', which includes plenty of other execrable examples:

https://twitter.com/abigbagofkeys/status/879398284384587776

What is going on in this one?

It's amazing that no matter how many interpretations you can draw from that last scene they're all equally painfully unfunny, normally that should make something unfunny, funny for the wrong reason, but no.

newbridge

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 11, 2017, 12:39:28 AM
What is going on in this one?

It's amazing that no matter how many interpretations you can draw from that last scene they're all equally painfully unfunny, normally that should make something unfunny, funny for the wrong reason, but no.

I think that yellow blob is meant to represent a crowd of nerds staring at her breasts, which makes it such a monumentally bad artistic depiction that I have to give it some grudging respect.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on July 09, 2017, 01:37:36 PM
Urgh. Whoever came up with this dreary piece of vapid sassiness needs to be shot. Seriously.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

I think there must be some sort of law stating that all webcomics about geeks *must* include that beyond-hackneyed Dreamworks-face raised eyebrow expression.