Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:09:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Truly pathetic attempts at humour

Started by Tikwid, July 08, 2017, 01:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rm2kmaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ryPZW06EY

Demi Lardner - cringey comedian extraordinaire.

Why the fucking hell anybody would find this funny is beyond me.

Ornlu

Quote from: rm2kmaster on May 15, 2018, 08:24:14 AM

Christ, I've seen this woman all over Facebook. Multiple videos of extremely similar 'stand-up' sets, mostly entailing her doing a funny little walk and doling out weaksauce absurdism in lolrandom voices. Genuinely sounds like it was written by six-year-olds. Just offensively bad. I still would, of course.

Ornlu

In a remarkably similar vein is this other insultingly crap Australian comedian, Tom Walker (which is also Jonathan Pie's real name, I found out): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC1pqxnkGRY

St_Eddie

I don't think that's a comedian doing a bit of stand up.  I'm fairly certain that's a woman having a mental breakdown on stage.  The audience shouldn't be laughing at her.  It's cruel.

idunnosomename

Soup

Yeah, that owl joke made me chuckle and I was like "Hey, she's not bad really!" and then the rest happened.

I'm minded to think its the sort of utter shite which is at least genius adjacent though.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Ornlu on May 15, 2018, 09:05:27 AM
In a remarkably similar vein is this other insultingly crap Australian comedian, Tom Walker (which is also Jonathan Pie's real name, I found out): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC1pqxnkGRY

He seems to be keeping a tally of people walking out.

Cuellar

Something endearing about it. Doesn't seem to give a fuck.

The Lion King

Currently working with a bloke who has a reputation for cracking sexual innuendo wherever he can find it, which is pretty much everywhere. Thing is he misses more obscure opportunities and grabs only low hanging fruit. Imagine thinking of actual ejaculation every time you heard the words come or coming. That's what happens in his brain. He is older than 13.

Quote from: The Lion King on May 15, 2018, 11:54:53 AM
Currently working with a bloke who has a reputation for cracking sexual innuendo

'Cracking' sexual innuendo sounds like it's some sort of code.  Is he some sorts of semantics academic who dissects each double entendre into its constituents?

Quote from: The Lion King on May 15, 2018, 11:54:53 AM
Currently working with a bloke who has a reputation for cracking sexual innuendo wherever he can find it, which is pretty much everywhere. Thing is he misses more obscure opportunities and grabs only low hanging fruit. Imagine thinking of actual ejaculation every time you heard the words come or coming. That's what happens in his brain. He is older than 13.

I recall quoting a line from U2, Pride in the Name of Love: 'One man come on a barbed-wire fence,' and joking how painful that must be.

purlieu

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on May 11, 2018, 06:05:01 PM
The "oh no" webcomics are themselves parodies. The punchline is always "oh no". E.g.:

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 11, 2018, 06:40:28 PM
I see webcomic name from time to time and it makes me laugh. It is so simplistic broad-brush self-deprecation about lack of self-confidence it's obviously a satire of comics that do this without just blobs.
What I enjoy about it is there's definitely an element of "relatable!" to it, followed by a much bigger element of "so what?"
It's also an excellent parody of catchphrase-based humour and there are quite a few very good strips that focus on just how it'll get to "oh no". The whole thing is a great satire without feeling too smug.
The other one referenced in that strip about comic strips is Sarah's Scribbles, which is probably the only one of those low self-confidence comics that actually makes me laugh. It does cross the line into dull, unfunny and obvious from time to time, but there's a certain spirit to it that works.

The problem with a lot of these comics is they rarely have enough ideas to keep it up regularly. There are plenty I've seen shared on Facebook that I've laughed at, then checked out the comic's archive and found that the one that was shared is the only funny strip.

thenoise

Her pussy was dead, therefore she was no good in bed, we are informed by the delightful Roy, whilst also giving us the pleasure of stripping off and barely attempting a parody of that Miley Cyrus video that everyone did a shitty parody of.

20 years after his chart topping hit 'Who the fuck is Alice?' and this is his swan song. What a career.

Bhazor

It's impressive how he doesn't even try to mimic any of the songs he claims to be parodying. I mean that's a whole other level of laziness there.

yesitsme

You'd have thought by now we'd have seen the end of the Funny T-Shirt but you can still buy them.

What I like better is a funny tattoo.

a duncandisorderly

in the office, so no sound yet, but.... she looks like justin bieber. that's not helping.

rm2kmaster

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on May 23, 2018, 08:54:09 AM
in the office, so no sound yet, but.... she looks like justin bieber. that's not helping.

Wait till you actually hear it. Whole new world of pain right there.

Twed

I really don't find her to be some kind of new level of offensively bad. Better than a Noel Fielding standup set.

momatt

I liked it!
The owl joke was good and rest made me giggle on the train.
I'd be interested to see a whole 1 hour set of that.  Could go either way, into sublime or tiresome.

Quote from: Ornlu on May 15, 2018, 08:52:48 AM
I still would, of course.
Yeah.  Short shorts.
Hmmm, maybe I'm getting this confused with being funny?

Quote from: Cuellar on May 15, 2018, 11:46:03 AM
Something endearing about it. Doesn't seem to give a fuck.
True, it takes some balls to fuck about like that in front of 2000 people (and a TV audience).
I like balls.
Good on her!

yesitsme

Not for me.

I just don't find cavorting about funny.  It's like something she had to think up to pass a course. 

Plus she's saying 'Secret Stash' not 'Secret Tache' or 'Secret's Tache'.

Plus she's Australian.
Don't let me put you off though.  If you like laughing at nothing you carry on.

idunnosomename

I mean I don't know about it really. It's very embarrassing to watch but at least there's a bit of self-awareness in "most people use <this show> for their best material and I do this". You have to admire the gumption of it.

Also I guess I didn't realise the punchline wasn't random and it was a pun on stash/tache. Which somehow disappoints me even more.

C_Larence

Achewood. I'm convinced that people only pretend to find it funny because everyone else does.

EDIT: except for the motorbike mountain one. that's pretty funny.

yesitsme

Yeah, Phil Kay and Noel Fielding running around a stage going 'Oooh, look at this it's YELLOW!' for 45 minutes isnt' funny.

Somehow cunts like this think it's YOUR fault for not laughing at them.

idunnosomename

Quote from: C_Larence on May 24, 2018, 12:57:30 PM
Achewood. I'm convinced that people only pretend to find it funny because everyone else does.

EDIT: except for the motorbike mountain one. that's pretty funny.
It's not really pathetic though. It's well-done. It's just so dry and like not really that funny

I suppose it's been pretty pathetic for the past decade tho

C_Larence

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2018, 01:43:55 PM
It's not really pathetic though. It's well-done. It's just so dry and like not really that funny

I suppose it's been pretty pathetic for the past decade tho

That's true, is there a thread for "things I don't find funny but everyone else does"? It would have been better suited for that.

momatt

Quote from: yesitsme on May 24, 2018, 12:12:36 PM
Don't let me put you off though.  If you like laughing at nothing you carry on.

I do and I will!

idunnosomename

Quote from: C_Larence on May 24, 2018, 01:53:12 PM
That's true, is there a thread for "things I don't find funny but everyone else does"? It would have been better suited for that.

You know I don't think there has been a "things you just don't get" thread in living memory. GO FOR IT

With Achewood I think I do get it. I read it for a bit, it's fine, but it's just too long-winded, dry, and weird. But the admiration for it was utterly extreme.

It was unique at the time and no one tried to emulate it as far as I can think. Bloke should have ended it rather than letting it drag on at a snail's pace though.

phantom_power

Has anyone mentioned the StandUpShots subreddit yet? Comedians post their own pedestrian, unfunny jokes on pictures of themselves doing stand-up. Uniformly awful

Replies From View

Did anyone check out the Minecraft sitcom that once sponsored an episode of RHLSTP?

I did out of curiosity, and it was quite bad.  I mean you can just imagine it really.

Stoneage Dinosaurs