Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:49:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Truly pathetic attempts at humour

Started by Tikwid, July 08, 2017, 01:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Replies From View on April 11, 2019, 02:35:06 PM
No it was drawn too badly for this to be clear, sorry.

Don't worry - I agree that it is shit.  We are in agreement.

It was definitely clear she's not pinch-zooming an ipad.

magval

Aye I don't want to pile on but that was a mad way to read that cartoon altogether.

Ferris

Quote from: magval on April 11, 2019, 11:56:43 PM
Aye I don't want to pile on but that was a mad way to read that cartoon altogether.

Add me to the "RfV bang wrong on this one" gang.

Replies From View

Quote from: Jumblegraws on April 11, 2019, 05:50:26 PM
I think that's supposed to show her positioning it differently from how it was when she found it, thus breaking up the ants' road network. I think maybe this stuff is just over your head.

You fancy Nathan W Pyle.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Replies From View on April 12, 2019, 08:49:31 AM
You fancy Nathan W Pyle.
Don't know the guy but if he's some sort of millennial Jack Chick then colour me interested.

Replies From View

Quote from: Jumblegraws on April 12, 2019, 02:52:05 PM
Don't know the guy but if he's some sort of millennial Jack Chick then colour me interested.

Their name is on the previously discussed ants touchscreen cartoon that I find too rubbish.

ylem

this comic joint photographic experts group file was published in cosmopolitan magazine, which has ~20,000,000 readers per week.

Hey, Punk!

Quote from: ylem on April 13, 2019, 01:28:00 AM

this comic joint photographic experts group file was published in cosmopolitan magazine, which has ~20,000,000 readers per week.

haha my caffeine dependence is slightly more than yours haha

Avril Lavigne

Anything using that hacky basic far-apart-dot-eyes, tiny mouth, no nose and spherical head combination can fuck off before I've even read the gist of it. "I don't know how to draw actual human faces but I'll make up for it with the lovely twee charm of putting in zero effort and calling it my style."

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on April 13, 2019, 10:53:08 PM
Anything using that hacky basic far-apart-dot-eyes, tiny mouth, no nose and spherical head combination can fuck off before I've even read the gist of it. "I don't know how to draw actual human faces but I'll make up for it with the lovely twee charm of putting in zero effort and calling it my style."

I'd like to see you draw a thousand mosquitoes and make me think at the same time.

ylem

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on April 13, 2019, 11:12:36 PM
I'd like to see you draw a thousand mosquitoes and make me think at the same time.

Bennett Brauer

mippy

Dewt

I'm really sorry to be so negative but this kind of stuff drives me crazy:

I mean yeah it's cute, but when something is this insipid I can't help but read it as being authored by somebody with a ridiculously inflated sense of self worth. Just to imagine thinking such a dull thought is worth publishing is beyond me.

Drank some coffee to keep me awake. Later: I am jittery now! The joke is that I experienced a common side effect of caffeine.

I know I should by loving thy neighbour but DO BETTER THAN THIS. Do not be carried by your fan base. Also I think it would be best if you started wearing a sack from now on.

Ferris

Why would a doe be on a conference call? I'd have serious questions about the firm that had hired them.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Dewt on March 24, 2020, 11:05:00 PM
I'm really sorry to be so negative but this kind of stuff drives me crazy:

I mean yeah it's cute, but when something is this insipid I can't help but read it as being authored by somebody with a ridiculously inflated sense of self worth. Just to imagine thinking such a dull thought is worth publishing is beyond me.

Drank some coffee to keep me awake. Later: I am jittery now! The joke is that I experienced a common side effect of caffeine.

This recent one in Private Eye falls into the same "Is that it?" category.

Hand Solo

WTF is that? Thorough? Hours? And can the cunt even draw? Shambles.

the

Quote from: Dewt on March 24, 2020, 11:05:00 PM

Suggested improvement:

Panel 3: Doe has Xs for eyes indicating death
Panel 4: Close-up of empty pill bottle, label reads 'WARNING: NOT TO BE TAKEN RECTALLY'

dissolute ocelot

what is going on with the deer's eyes? why do its antenna say "FF"? do its other facial features have an alphanumeric function?

Bazooka

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on March 25, 2020, 11:28:13 AM
This recent one in Private Eye falls into the same "Is that it?" category.

Why stop at 2.5 hours?  I'm already rofl on the floor laughing, increase the time further to make it even funnier lmao.

Dewt

Quote from: the on March 25, 2020, 11:48:48 AM
Suggested improvement:

Panel 3: Doe has Xs for eyes indicating death
Panel 4: Close-up of empty pill bottle, label reads 'WARNING: NOT TO BE TAKEN RECTALLY'
The really galling thing is that any throwaway piece of dialogue in Animal Crossing would make for a better comic.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Bazooka on March 25, 2020, 06:19:27 PM
Why stop at 2.5 hours?  I'm already rofl on the floor laughing, increase the time further to make it even funnier lmao.

Why stop at decimals and hours, what about fractions and yottaseconds? "I know you like to be thorough with your hand washing but your last bathroom break lasted 5/2 yottaseconds!"

A yottasecond is 32 quadrillion years, so that would equal approx 6.944×10^20 hours, which I'm sure we could all agree is a much more rib-tickling arbitrary timeframe. Imagine washing your hands for that length of time? On a break of all things? I'm smirking just thinking about.

bgmnts

2.5 parsecs would have made it funny.

Len Pounds

I think the joke works whichever way you put it, but then again any joke about somebody taking excessively long breaks will have me in stitches, it's a comedy gold mine as far as I'm concerned. Mind you, that might be because there's somebody at my work who's known for taking excessively long breaks, so I find it relatable.

idunnosomename

can i get a patreon if i post pictures of my turds every morning

beanheadmcginty

Unlikely, but you might have some luck on Cackstarter.