Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,396
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A Teasing Taste of Televisual Tension

Started by Capuchin, February 19, 2004, 12:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capuchin

Who's seen 'State Of Play'?

When it was first trailered it didn't really grab my attention, seemed like another drama that was designed to try and be serious and award winning.
Then last night I noticed my homechoice watch-when-you-like TV thing had it as a 'last chance' offer, so i decided to give it a go and watch the first episode.
I was gripped and proceeded to sit through all 6 episodes back to back till half 8 this morning, partly because I was scared I'd miss the chance to see them if I left it too long and partly because I really wanted to see what would happen.

I don't remember it being mentioned around here, but I'm sure some whores must have seen it. Featuring Bill Nighy, Kelly McDonald, Amelia Bulmore, David Morrisey, John Simm and many others delivering decent performances.
True, the story wasn't totally revolutionary but it was good and well-told.

The whole shady dealing/governmental and corporate influence thing would be right up Pinball's street.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/stateofplay/

(duly noted Sproglet, the pants-bitch shall sink.)

fbb bastard

aye, it was the bomb .....apart from the rubbish ending

apparently they are making another series of it (hopefully if they can prise bill nighy from doing EVERYTHING going at the moment).....the flash dude (who plays the flash dude in shameless and errrrrrr the flash dude in early doors) will probably get a bigger role this time i should imagine......