Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:17:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

!!! - Wimblewrong 2017 Second-Round Draw - !!!

Started by selectivememory, July 11, 2017, 10:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

Good morning. The draw for the second round of Wimblewrong 2017 will be posted in this thread at around 2pm today.

In the meantime, here are your official results for the first round. A few hiccups along the way, but we've completed eight out of eleven matches, and we still have one result pending. Thanks to all who took part in what I thought was a very high-quality set of matches.

Dr Trouser def Small Man Big Horse (12-4)
spamwangler def WesterlyWinds (win by default)
Poisson Du Jour def Ian Drunken Smurf (15-2)
pancreas def Frazer (10-9)
selectivememory def Pdine (12-6)
Cerys def Small Man Big Horse (14-3)
Spoon of Ploff def Hangthebuggers (win by default)
hedgehog90 def QDRPHNC (15-1)
Absorb the anus burn def The WoodenSpoon (9-3)
zomgmouse def newbridge (7-4)
kittens vs hands cold, liver warm: result pending

So at the moment we have ten winners, plus the winner of the remaining match and the highest-scoring loser to join us. I assume that the HSL will be Frazer, as 9 is an uncommonly high score for a loser in a Wimblewrong match, however I will wait until the other match is officially over before confirming. It won't be too difficult to work around this in the draw anyway - and there'll be specific instructions when the draw is posted to those who draw either the winner of the remaining match or the HSL.

Anyway, please check back later on for the draw. Cheers!

selectivememory

Okay, here is the second-round draw. Because there are six matches, there will be two high-scoring losers from this round that will progress to the quarterfinals.

hedgehog90
, you will know who your opponent is by Thursday afternoon (around 4ish) by the very latest. Your deadline will be the same as everyone else's, but please don't post your serve until I've confirmed in this thread who your opponent is.

Meanwhile, Cerys, since you were drawn to receive, you have two options. You can either wait for your opponent's serve (And their 72 hours will begin when the last match is finished, so your wait will likely be a little longer), or, if you'd prefer to get going right away, you may serve. If you choose to serve, as with hedgehog90, please don't post your serve until you know who your opponent is going to be. Please let me know in this thread which you'd prefer. Thanks.

So here we are:

Tie 1: hedgehog90 - kittens/hands cold, liver warm
Tie 2: Absorb the anus burn - selectivememory
Tie 3: High-scoring loser - Cerys
Tie 4: pancreas - Poisson Du Jour
Tie 5: zomgmouse - spamwangler
Tie 6: Dr Trouser - Spoon of Ploff

Good luck all!

Cerys

selectivememory

Great. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long.

Cerys

Although I do run the risk of doing some housework as a result.

Spoon of Ploff

cool. expecting nice swift strokes from Dr Trouser...

a-and the doc's quick at posting in Wimblewrongs as well!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH(christ)

selectivememory

Just an update: the voting in the final match is open, so hedgehog90 and Cerys will know who their opponents are on Thursday at 8.25pm (a bit later than originally thought, as I've decided against reducing the voting period, because it could cause the loser to miss out on the HSL spot).

spamwangler

does the 1st person on the match name go 1st?

hedgehog90

selectivememory

Okay, so our final first-round result is in:

kittens def hands cold, liver warm (11-6)

Which means that hedgehog90 is playing kittens and can post his serve whenever he's ready.

It also means that Frazer is our highest-scoring loser and will serve to Cerys. Frazer's 72 hours start now. I'll send him a pm to let him know.

As you were...

selectivememory

Just another quick update:

Frazer is away this weekend, and has asked for an extension. He should have a shot up on Monday, so hopefully within 24 hours of his deadline passing.

zomgmouse has also requested an extension, and should have something up tomorrow.

Still expecting serves from hedgehog90 and pancreas today though!

kittens

sorry to be a loser but i'm away all weekend so my return to h90's shot will most prob be l8 as fok. is this acceptable boss

Cerys

Quote from: selectivememory on July 14, 2017, 12:11:19 PMFrazer is away this weekend, and has asked for an extension.

Well, I've already shaved my daughter's head out of sheer boredom.  What's the worst that can happen?

selectivememory

Quote from: kittens on July 14, 2017, 12:37:06 PM
sorry to be a loser but i'm away all weekend so my return to h90's shot will most prob be l8 as fok. is this acceptable boss

Yeah, given that hedgehog90's serve is now overdue anyway, and it's not going to hold up the round as one match isn't beginning until Monday. Still, post it as soon as you can, please. If h90 posts his serve today, your 72 hours will still run into Monday.

Quote from: Cerys on July 14, 2017, 02:20:13 PM
Well, I've already shaved my daughter's head out of sheer boredom.  What's the worst that can happen?

Apologies to your daughter. If it's any consolation, Frazer is usually very prompt with his shots, so when it does get going I'm sure you won't be kept waiting again.

Anyway, bit of a shambles this. Only two out of six serves in on time. Waiting to hear from pancreas and hedgehog90 about their serves, but hopefully they'll be posted soon.

selectivememory

Quote from: selectivememory on July 14, 2017, 02:52:41 PM
Waiting to hear from pancreas and hedgehog90 about their serves, but hopefully they'll be posted soon.

pancreas should have a shot ready to go by the end of the day.

hedgehog90

Sorry, I assumed my timer started when kittens was declared winner of his round yesterday.
I'll try to get something up tonight or tomorrow.

selectivememory

Okay, well if my instructions weren't clear, and also given that kittens is going to be away this weekend, feel free to take a little more time to post your shot. As long as you post it by sometime on Sunday, I'm happy.

Cerys

Just to let you know that I'm working basically all day for the next two days, so I'll have a reply on Friday. I hope this is acceptable.