Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:45:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oxide Ghosts screening in Bristol

Started by Captain Crunch, July 13, 2017, 08:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

Here you go, 26th September:

http://www.cubecinema.com/programme/event/oxide-ghosts-the-brass-eye-tapes,9561/

Get a ticket, we'll all meet up for tacos and slammers after yeah? 

Morrison Lard

Me and cab user kittens are going to this.

Same night as Sparks in Bristol too, effing typical.

Captain Crunch

They've threatened to add an earlier showing if it sells out so there might be hope for you yet. 

Rich Uncle Skeleton

They'd fucking better! I'm going to Sparks haha

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Ah, the ticket link says the 6-8 screening is coming soon, lovely!

Shaky

This sounds amazing, a great shame that a) I live in Australia and b) it's seemingly limited to live screenings only.

c) It's sold out anyway

Rich Uncle Skeleton

What the fuck, did they really just quietly sell out the earlier screening in the last 24 hours?? Didn't see any update or anything, jesus...

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Apparently there'll be another one, same venue, on the 30th of November

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on October 17, 2017, 01:27:26 PM
Apparently there'll be another one, same venue, on the 30th of November

The Cube can be very sketchy - I'll keep my fingers crossed but they've been burnt before. 

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Oh yeah? Just saw it on Cummings' website rather than theirs so hopefully that bodes well but cheers for the warning, I won't rush to book a flight back from Dublin just yet.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on October 17, 2017, 04:09:41 PM
Oh yeah? Just saw it on Cummings' website rather than theirs so hopefully that bodes well but cheers for the warning, I won't rush to book a flight back from Dublin just yet.

Although things are a lot better than they used to be, ruthless efficiency aren't words that instantly come to mind when thinking about the Cube.

I can see on Cummings' site the date is TBC – and TBH, my gut feeling is that it most probably go ahead but keep checking availability. Even when something is confirmed, being able to book tickets as soon as you would like, is another matter.

I went to see Cory McAbee there last year (he's previously had a couple of events and has a good relationship with the venue) but although the date was confirmed over a month beforehand (just had a quick check, it was six and a half weeks) tickets went on sale, only six days before the show. A mate and myself had independently contacted the Cube to check when tickets were on sale, but got no info – I also contacted a shop that sells tickets for the venue and they hadn't been told yet.

I'll be keeping an eye anyway...

Ignatius_S

Quote from: hermitical on October 31, 2017, 11:11:54 AM
30th November, tickets on sale midday

Thanks so much for that – I only clicked onto the thread to have a moan about the lack of information and possibly, a meltdown... I'll save the latter for another time.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

13 tickets available for the later screening as of 8pm!

Gamma Ray

Does anyone need a ticket for the early showing on the 30th? I have a spare.

hermitical

I've got 2 tickets for the 6:30pm showing - any interest?

I don't have the energy to travel up and back....

Glebe

Will be at this evening's Dublin showing, thanks to mate. Will report back with my own selection of titbits.