Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:49:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Movies based on fictional characters (which haven't been made yet)

Started by Z/Sb, December 13, 2004, 10:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Z/Sb

This is a list thread!
What fictional character(s) would you like to see a movie of which hasn't been done yet. Could be anything - comic book, novel, computer game, tv show, whatever.
Personally, I'd love to see a movie based on "Parappa the Rapper" made by either Pixar or Dreamworks in co-operation with Masaya Matsuura, the creator of Parappa and his crazy, surreal world.

And a Dan Dare movie would be bloody great! Clive Owen or Jude Law would be perfect casting. Clive looks a bit like the revamped Dare from when 2000AD first started and Jude Law is Dan Dare!

Jemble Fred

I want Tim Burton to make a dark, twisted live action version of Sonic, with Hugh Jackman as the half-hedgehog mutant who gets sucked into a parallel universe to stop the evil Davros-style villain Robotnik (Anthony Hopkins) from... ending the world... with lots of golden rings. Or something.

Or 'The Hippopotamus' by Stephen Fry, starring Stephen himself. In ten years, when he'll be nearer the right age.

Purple Tentacle

Z/Sb

Yeah, a live-action Sonic movie would be great! Although I sort of wished they'd have made a dodgy 90s movie when the techonology wasn't really there like they did with Super Mario Bros!

A Pac-Man movie was on the cards in the 90s from Dreamworks & Namco but that didn't happen...

monkhouse terror

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Grim Fandango.

Christ that would be glorious.

*dribble*

Regular John

Pyramid Head from Silent Hill as a Cenobite-esque character

mikeyg27

Quote from: "Z/Sb"And a Dan Dare movie would be bloody great! Clive Owen or Jude Law would be perfect casting. Clive looks a bit like the revamped Dare from when 2000AD first started and Jude Law is Dan Dare!

Good Lord, yes! Based on the original Vooyage to Venus. Who would play the Mekon, though? I don't want any CGI gubbins (witness the bastardization of the TV series)/

both Slaine and Rogue Trooper would be great as films providing they were made properly!(unlikely ) .Im sure there was talk a few years ago about Strontium Dog being made into a film, can anyone confirm this?

Krang

Shenmue: The Movie.

(Perhaps i could invert the idea quickly)

I think a Battle Royal game would be really cool

mwude

I've been saying this for years (and it's years since I read the book so I might be wrong and basing this on an exuberant youthful thought) but 'Good Omens' by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett would make a cracking film.  The anti-christ grows up as a normal kid due to an administrative mix-up, the angel and demon characters make a great double-act, the Four Bikers of the Apocalypse would look marvellous on a big screen.  Even if they cut out some of the smaller, more wordy gags there's so much funny material to be played with.  Or why not a TV movie, or a series?

Z/Sb

Quote from: "mikeyg27"Good Lord, yes! Based on the original Vooyage to Venus. Who would play the Mekon, though? I don't want any CGI gubbins (witness the bastardization of the TV series)/

I originally thought CGI would be the only option for the Mekon in a big-budget, big-screen Dan Dare movie but I think it could work with a human actor and just CGI effects used for his levitating pod thing. Who could play the Mekon? I now actually think it could only work with CGI and the voice of a well-known actor rather than using an actual person to physically play the part because the Mekon is so thin and small.
I never got to see the tv series - was it no good then? I saw an online trailer around a year ago.

I always wanted a Rogue Trooper movie too - and Nemesis the Warlock.

Lt Plonker

The Duck Man

Good Omens by Gaiman and Pratchett was supposed to be made by Terry Gilliam, but it never got off the ground. A huge shame.

And I'd like to see the Discworld novels made into BBC serials.

Darrell

The Dukes of Stratosphear done as a Yellow Submarine pastiche!

I'd also quite like an adaptation of the actual Mario characters which bore any correlation to the actual personalities the characters have been given. A Toy Story affair, perhaps - the intro short to the GC Mario Golf is a tantalising glimpse of what could be...

VorpalSword

I would personally love to see an Alex Rider(from the books by Anthony Horrowitz(sp?)) movie. Admitedly it would be a bit like that 'Agent Cody Banks' gubbins, but I'd still like to see it made. Especially since it looks like there won't be anymore books.

There are of course a ton of characters from comics that would be good. I'd personally like to see maybe a Longshot and Dazzler movie. It'd Uber-80s, Bowie music everywhere, maybe some Floyd in the big rebellion scene(that would of course happen). There's an episode of the original X-Men tv series where they show the opening title sequence for the (fictional) Longshot tv series. It was cool as fuck.

Oh, and a Daredevil movie would be good too.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

On a vaguely different tack, I'd quite like to see a live action adaptation of the anime series Cowboy Bebop. John Cusack would make an ace Spike, although he's a bit old now.

Ciarán2

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "Ciarán"Damon Albarn as Lord Snooty!

Nah – Jude Law, surely? With Jack Black as the fat lad with the starfish on his t-shirt. And Halle Berry.

Ciarán2

Or how about Hugh Grant in there somewhere? Right up his alley.

Actually, they should make a Bash Street Kids film. Who would play Plug? Mackenzie Crook?

Ben Kingsley is... DIZZY

I'd still like to see a movie of the Prisoner.

I'd still like to stop a movie of Red Dwarf.

And I still must insist a movie about the Beatles set in a universe where the Paul Is Dead conspiracy is real be produced very soon before I make it myself with a camcorder and a painted mop on my dogs head.

skibz

Richard E. Grant as Jet Set Willy would be amusing, especially if the film started with JSW collapsed by a toilet murmuring "God, my head..." Maybe Judi Dench could play the evil housekeeper guarding the bedroom?

Jet Set Willy

Slugworth

and I really love the Jet Set Willy idea, and not for stupid obvious reasons. It could work sooo well, a great comedy.

I'm not sure I see Judi Dench as maria though. I want that woman who is in harry potter films, the skinny and quite old one... oh yeah, Maggie smith.

Quote from: "Jet Set Willy"Slugworth

and I really love the Jet Set Willy idea, and not for stupid obvious reasons. It could work sooo well, a great comedy.

I'm not sure I see Judi Dench as maria though. I want that woman who is in harry potter films, the skinny and quite old one... oh yeah, Maggie smith.

Maria was fat and frumpy.

Do you really think it could work as a film? I know Jet Set Willy: The Movie appeared on TVGoHome. What do you see as the plot? Drunk man has to tidy up house with hilarious results?

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "mwude"I've been saying this for years (and it's years since I read the book so I might be wrong and basing this on an exuberant youthful thought) but 'Good Omens' by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett would make a cracking film.

Gilliam already has it in the pipeline, but as usual with him he's having trouble getting money to make it, plus they need a decent script

skibz

I was thinking along the lines of Withnail, in top hat and tails, collecting dirty cups and plates from his gigantic mansion, whilst fighting strange hallucinations of giant flying gophers and vomiting beefeaters. And of course, dying several hundred times by mistiming jumps and plummeting to his doom...

Quote from: "skibz"I was thinking along the lines of Withnail, in top hat and tails, collecting dirty cups and plates from his gigantic mansion, whilst fighting strange hallucinations of giant flying gophers and vomiting beefeaters. And of course, dying several hundred times by mistiming jumps and plummeting to his doom...

And on the dvd you can have an alternative ending where he goes under the staircase in the guard house and spends an eternity falling through the entrance to hades.

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

Sinister Dexter, from 2000 AD, with Wesley Snipes as Dexter, and possibly Vincent Cassel as Sinister. I can imagine Cassel with red dreadlocks. Preferably, directed by Jan Kounen who made the insane Dobermann, or Christophe Gans of Brotherhood of the Wolf. The only danger is that it could be a bit too much like Vincent & Jules: The Movie, but with the right plot and no crap Judge Dredd-style jokery, it'd be great.

The Cows from Gary Larson's Far Side Galleries. A few years ago, the BBC made a couple of shows based on the Far Side, but I think a feature-length version would be great. Entirely animated - maybe in colour, though black and white, like the original cartoons would be good too - with other characters, like the farmer and his wife; the nerdy kids; and the warring cats and dogs. Not so sure about voices; Steve Wright (the comedian, obviously) springs to mind for some reason. I'd go for the same atmosphere as the cartoons - slightly subdued and almost dream-like, as opposed to wacky and kerr-razy. I think Larson and David Lynch would be a fantastic team-up, with both writing and Lynch directing.

Drools.

Sam

I think The Lord of the Rings books would be great as films.

pandadeath

falafel

That's not true. I saw one just yesterday.

(edit: just to reiterate that I'd really like to see a film made of Albert Camus's L'Etranger. And, in terms of characters, it's gotta be Don Quixote. I know, it's been said a thousand times already).