Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2017 - Round 2: hedgehog90 vs kittens

Started by hedgehog90, July 14, 2017, 08:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Stoneage Dinosaurs

hedgehog turned the otherwise pleasant satirical tone in the direction of heave-worthy vulgarity and I read this thread before I was about to have my dinner. So out of personal spite, it's going to kittens

selectivememory

Well, hedgehog90 has won this one 11-9, but kittens still has a great chance of making the quarters.

kittens

v surprised it was so close after your second shot hedgey boy, i reckoned you'd walk it. you've beaten the reigning champ which logically means you should go on to win the whole thing. go for it bruv

kittens

hedgehog90

Great match, kittens.
If it weren't for my atrocity you'd have totally annihilated me, I'm sure. You should see my original return involving Theresa may and a ferero rocher parody. It was wank.
I hope you get through, your shots always make me laugh.

People still in the competition shouldn't be allowed to vote. I'm very happy for you Hedgehog 90, but tactical votes from people scared of facing Kittens in the next round clearly skewed the result.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: HasNothingToSay on July 22, 2017, 02:24:13 PM
People still in the competition shouldn't be allowed to vote. I'm very happy for you Hedgehog 90, but tactical votes from people scared of facing Kittens in the next round clearly skewed the result.

I find this whinging attack on the integrity of the players, and in the administration of the competition by selectivememory in particular... and from someone who couldn't even be friggin' arsed to vote in Dr Trousers v Spoon of Ploff to be... something of a disappointment.

I hope these callous remarks do not taint the rest of WimbleWrong for those still competing. And selectivememory... if you need councelling during this difficult period please feel free to PM me. We can have a nice chat about the bloody good job you do keeping this show on the road over some imaginary tea and scones.

You too hedgehog90. No ones going to forget that second shot in a hurry (even though they probably want to). A deserved win.

newbridge

Welcome to CaB, Kittens' Mom

selectivememory

That's bollocks. Maybe you're taking this a bit more seriously than the players? I can only speak for myself, but I want to see the best players in the latter stages of the tournament, because I want to see the best contests. It would be weirdly against the spirit of the whole thing if people started voting in their own self-interest because they were scared of facing a strong opponent in the next round. I thought kittens played a great match, but no image this year has made me laugh as much as "Coco Plops" - why assume, with no real evidence, that the other people who voted hedgehog90 didn't feel similarly?

By the way, if we subtract the six votes from people still with a stake in the tournament, it would have been 7-7. So it's not like the consensus was that kittens was obviously the better player and the result was skewed by people voting in their own interests. It was going to be a close one regardless.

kittens

i think my sockpuppet raises some good points

Ian Drunken Smurf

I retract my earlier comment and apologise for bringing the contest into disrepute. Good luck to everybody still competing.

Hedgehog90 played a blinder, I didn't mean to detract from his performance.