Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:26:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brasseye DVD curiosity question

Started by Z/Sb, December 13, 2004, 11:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Z/Sb

Just wondered if anyone knew how much Chris Morris was involved with the Brasseye dvd. ie. Packaging, dvd menus, the "music videos" and that crappy commentary on 'Drugs', etc... (Same question also applies to "Jam" and "The Day Today" dvd releases although I've barely watched the Jam dvd for it to matter.)

I ask this because (maybe a bit irelevant this but it is the reason I ask), I know that Brett Anderson was heavily involved with the artwork on Suede's covers and Bowie is obviously heavily involved with all aspects of his output from the record covers to the promo videos and the same goes for Blur. And the Pythons have got involved quite a bit with the DVD releases of some of their stuff (solo & otherwise). Since Chris Morris is very much a loner in what he does and his work is very much his own personal thing ("The Day Today" aside maybe), I just wondered how much he takes part in the DVD releases of his works behind the scenes...

If this is a stupid question then just ignore it and move along!

neveragain

All I can tell you is that he is there on that Drugs commentary.

Bernard

I'm 98% certain one of the guys doing the commentary worked at the Mind charity shop in Camden Town (where I used to work). He has the same voice and says the same sorts of things. Without wanting to intrude on the privacy of his life, some of the people at the shop had problems. And you get the impression on the DVD that the guys are not of permanent accomodation or tee total.