Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:12:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Herring's Leicester Square Podcast Thread 2017 + Edition

Started by Small Man Big Horse, July 17, 2017, 04:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytarget

Loved the David Morrissey one,  I'm glad Rich was star struck/intimidated/too tired to interrupt too much and ask stupid questions (I'm being harsh, he did a good job).
The two after that I couldn't finish - morph man was boring and actress lady was irritating. Hopefully the James Acaster one is good.

Tony Tony Tony

Just listened to the latest one with London Hughes.

She made some excellent points about the lack of opportunities for women in comedy in general and black women in particular.

She was complaining about and asking why she hasn't been more successful. I would venture that it may be down to the fact that she is as annoying as feck as a person.

Tony Tony Tony

easytarget

DrGreggles

Quote from: easytarget on May 02, 2019, 04:42:15 PM
I found London Hughes, brash and broad but utterly fucking delightful.

'Annoying' is the word I'd choose.

c

"I was frustrated that nobody would give me my own show"

Poor thing.

paruses

Quote from: shh on May 02, 2019, 08:35:13 PM
'Exhausting'

Yes. Exhausting. Just skipped through the vid and it's not for me.

I don't really like people who do their routine in interviews and the bits I hit in the vid were a lot of that. I really enjoyed Rob Brydon but his "reading from his autobiography" style of talking set me on edge a little.

To be fair I've gone through that London Hughes one very quickly and randomly so I may have the wrong impression. Although it's one of the few instances here I felt sorry for Rich rather than the guest.

DrGreggles

Quote from: paruses on May 03, 2019, 04:15:07 PM
To be fair I've gone through that London Hughes one very quickly and randomly so I may have the wrong impression. Although it's one of the few instances here I felt sorry for Rich rather than the guest.

Well put.

vainsharpdad

Sounds like Ricky Wilson behaved oddly in Leeds and that one won't be released.
Another as yet unnamed one has also been pulled entirely at the request of the interviewee.

jsgibble

Quote from: c on May 02, 2019, 09:10:02 PM
"I was frustrated that nobody would give me my own show"

Poor thing.

the gall of some people eh. having ambition

Replies From View

Quote from: jsgibble on May 12, 2019, 08:18:14 PM
the gall of some people eh. having ambition

I was frustrated that nobody would hand me a million pounds.

So ambitious, me.

Pranet

Quote from: vainsharpdad on May 12, 2019, 07:11:56 PM
Another as yet unnamed one has also been pulled entirely at the request of the interviewee.

Les Dennis or Adrian Chiles is my guess for the unnamed one- I seem to remember Richard saying afterwards he was surprised how open Adrian Chiles was.

JamesTC

Quote from: Richard Herring - Warming UpWe've lost one by mutual consent in the past (when Michael Eavis hadn't really understood what a podcast was), and loads of smaller sections from other shows when libel was committed, or secrets told or booze led people to behave like fucking arseholes for protracted periods

Leave Avalon? Leave Avalon.

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: vainsharpdad on May 12, 2019, 08:45:10 PM
Nicholas Parsons is also rumoured.

Parsons did not realise the show was going to be recorded and was worried that he was giving away stories from his own live show. Three days later Herring blogged that he had received some bad news about one of the podcasts.

Quote from: vainsharpdad on May 12, 2019, 07:11:56 PM

I kind of wish it would be released, especially after reading this tweet

https://twitter.com/ScotsFootyCards/status/1127488126262366208

hedgehog90

There's bound to be more dirt on twitter from audience members on the night.
Has anyone got a shovel?

paruses

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on May 12, 2019, 09:54:06 PM
I kind of wish it would be released, especially after reading this tweet

https://twitter.com/ScotsFootyCards/status/1127488126262366208

Isn't he exactly the kind of person to carry a grudge? Or is that the character Richard Herring?

[Fake edit - I don't mean that as aggressively as it reads. It's an honest musing]

For all the shit we give Herring sometimes it sounds like he's handled the situation the right way, at least from piecing everything together.

DrGreggles

Quote from: paruses on May 12, 2019, 10:04:41 PM
Isn't he exactly the kind of person to carry a grudge?

Keith Allen says "Who?""Nah".

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: hedgehog90 on May 12, 2019, 09:59:20 PM
There's bound to be more dirt on twitter from audience members on the night.
Has anyone got a shovel?

Details are scant on Twitter but mostly says he was drunk and an arsehole.

And that the audience heckled and he didn't handle it well.

Uncle TechTip

There's one tweet where the picture of a young woman has tweeted at Radio 2 because he apparently said something rude about Radio 2 and worked for them in some capacity. This is what it's like, people falling over themselves to implicate celebrities in some scandal no matter how tangential.

jimboslice

I want to know what happened. Would have gone to that if I didn't have prior engagments. Presumably he was pissed up after watching Leeds beat Derby in the play-offs?

The Terry Hall episode made me feel that Herring is not only unable to fake empathy, but to even feel it's worth the effort to say "I'm really sorry to hear about what you went through back then." His mask of japery and larks might slip for a minute.

vainsharpdad

I felt that he didn't feel qualified to push into that area and didn't want to cause upset to Terry. A journalist would have probed further - but he probably wouldn't have opened up to a journalist like that.

typeforty

Surely there's at least someone on here who bootlegged these or knows someone who has...?

mrfridge

Why would anyone go to the effort of bootlegging them? I mean if they're all (usually) available for free?

vainsharpdad

Looking forward now to the bootlegs being used to create the RHLSTP Anthology in 25 years