Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Herring's Leicester Square Podcast Thread 2017 + Edition

Started by Small Man Big Horse, July 17, 2017, 04:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: mrfridge on May 14, 2019, 12:10:52 PM
Why would anyone go to the effort of bootlegging them? I mean if they're all (usually) available for free?

One of the Collings and Herrin live episodes only exists in any form because of a bootlegger in the audience, because Collings is a bummer and he ballsed up the official recording.

And, as discussed, some episodes of RHLSTP won't be officially released for legal (and other) reasons.  I'm not a completist of these by any means and won't be fussed if they appear or not, but I'm presuming others must be.

Ham Bap

More or less stopped listening to this. Have only ever watched about 5 minutes.
If the Ricky Wilson one were to be released I'd pay to watch it.

jobotic

The bloke from that awful band and programme? Why did he have him on?

Sebastian Cobb

Hoped that Ricky Wilson was a whimsical contraction and that Richard Wilson had gotten pissed and gone tonto, that would've been amazing.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Pranet on May 12, 2019, 08:39:35 PM
Les Dennis or Adrian Chiles is my guess for the unnamed one- I seem to remember Richard saying afterwards he was surprised how open Adrian Chiles was.

Chiles is basically a functioning alcoholic, as he revealed in a very honest and interesting documentary for the BBC last year. This is pure speculation, of course, but perhaps he felt he'd been a bit too open about all of that during the podcast.

Sin Agog

Adrian Chiles once admitted that he's never missed a single one of his three square meals per day in his entire adult life. You'd think you might skip lunch at least once out of sheer curiosity.

Twed

I don't see Chiles as the sort who will ever do anything out of curiosity.

The Danny Baker one from 2016 is gorgeous and, at the risk of getting myself cancelled, made me fall in love with the man all over again. Herring never gets a word in, of course.

SteveDave

Matt Forde says he likes Nigel Farage "as a person" in the latest episode. Sweet Jesus.

McFlymo

Matt Forde made me hate the very notion of stand up comedy. Seemed like an alright BLOKE and all (BLOKEY, BLOKEY, BLOKE, BLOKE, FOOTBALL, BLOKE! TITS!!) but the way he slipped in his political leanings into anecdotes made me sort of long for the annihilation of Britain and the bringing about of Shir Ra Ra Law!! didn't impress me much.

(also, when he and Richard were riffing on the "ultra topical" thing, which was alright, Matt Forde slipped in a wee, "huh huh I self-identify as .... huh huh "Ultra Topical"..." ... So take your Transphobic Labour supporting shite and fuck off mate. #cancelled. )

MigraineBoy

So, the Richard E Grant episode is the one he can't release.  Shame.

MigraineBoy

In a reply to this tweet; https://twitter.com/dysnystaxis/status/1131184890756648960?s=21

"Will explain nearer the time. It was top 3 ever for me so very disappointed too"

kidsick5000

Quote from: MigraineBoy on May 23, 2019, 10:38:59 PM
In a reply to this tweet; https://twitter.com/dysnystaxis/status/1131184890756648960?s=21

"Will explain nearer the time. It was top 3 ever for me so very disappointed too"

Some Star Wars talk? That the audience simply didn't clock

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: McFlymo on May 23, 2019, 08:23:53 PM
Matt Forde made me hate the very notion of stand up comedy. Seemed like an alright BLOKE and all (BLOKEY, BLOKEY, BLOKE, BLOKE, FOOTBALL, BLOKE! TITS!!) but the way he slipped in his political leanings into anecdotes made me sort of long for the annihilation of Britain and the bringing about of Shir Ra Ra Law!! didn't impress me much.

(also, when he and Richard were riffing on the "ultra topical" thing, which was alright, Matt Forde slipped in a wee, "huh huh I self-identify as .... huh huh "Ultra Topical"..." ... So take your Transphobic Labour supporting shite and fuck off mate. #cancelled. )

Matt Forde is an abject wanker. A textbook example of the friend of a friend you meet in the pub, your initial impression being, "Hey! This guy is quite affable and funny!" And then he keeps talking.

yeah, 'Fordie' is an unbearable boorish prick and the amount of his peers who revere him as some kind of legend makes me think a whole lot less of them

Wet Blanket

This'll be a good one at least:

QuoteAlso good news one of the guests for the Glasgow RHLSTP on 24th November will be Limmy. It's a huge theatre, but probably worth booking ahead for that one. I am pretty sure that with a home crowd behind him I will end up swinging from the theatre rafters.

lgpmachine

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 14, 2019, 08:54:43 PM
Adrian Chiles once admitted that he's never missed a single one of his three square meals per day in his entire adult life. You'd think you might skip lunch at least once out of sheer curiosity.

This has now got me trying to calculate the logistics of his likely meal routine during his time as a presenter on Working Lunch

Pranet

Good eczema chat from Matt Forde though. Made me wonder if I too have MRSA.

Replies From View

Listening back to some earlier RHLSTP I hear they somehow now have adverts at the start and interrupting at later points.

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on May 28, 2019, 01:52:38 AM
Listening back to some earlier RHLSTP I hear they somehow now have adverts at the start and interrupting at later points.

In the podcast world; advertisers pay you based on length (longer = better), placement (middle of the show = better than either end), and reading style (conversational improv = better) because all those things generate more listens to the ad copy.

If the ad is brief, at the beginning/end, or an obvious audio insert, then listeners can use their handy fast forward 15 seconds button and the ads are very likely skipped. Someone must have paid Rich to insert ads but stipulated where, when and how he added them so he could maximize his revenue.

Fair enough, says I.

Twit 2

marquis_de_sad

In capitalist now, use the code BURR to get 10% off your first purchase.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 28, 2019, 02:36:51 AM
In the podcast world; advertisers pay you based on length (longer = better), placement (middle of the show = better than either end), and reading style (conversational improv = better) because all those things generate more listens to the ad copy.

If the ad is brief, at the beginning/end, or an obvious audio insert, then listeners can use their handy fast forward 15 seconds button and the ads are very likely skipped. Someone must have paid Rich to insert ads but stipulated where, when and how he added them so he could maximize his revenue.

Fair enough, says I.

If podcast ad-insertion is similar to vod ad insertion then the ads will come from a different domain, so using adblock will likely cut them out.

Bad Ambassador

Les Dennis this week. Impossibly lovable throughout.

lankyguy95

Seriously, that was really good. A lot of fun.

Hadn't realised he was the next act on after Tommy Cooper died.