Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:10:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Herring's Leicester Square Podcast Thread 2017 + Edition

Started by Small Man Big Horse, July 17, 2017, 04:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJN

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 10, 2019, 05:54:25 PM
You hate the 1939 film version of The Wizard of Oz?? I don't mean to sound rude, mate, but you're worse than Walliams.

I can't help it.

Gerald Fjord

not a lot of people know this but you can actually see a munchkin hang themselves in the background of one of the shots towards the end. really chilling stuff actually.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on June 12, 2019, 10:49:58 AM
not a lot of people know this but you can actually see a munchkin hang themselves in the background of one of the shots towards the end. really chilling stuff actually.

I remember back when I used to believe everything I read on the internet too.

Utter Shit

PJN

True fact. He did it because he was a utter arachnophobe and had just discovered that an average person eats 8 spiders in their sleep in their life. He couldn't live with that knowledge.

Gerald Fjord

you can actually hear his dying scream in the background of "love rollercoaster" by the ohio players

Utter Shit

Mobbd

Is that you, Barry Dodds? Busted.

McFlymo

arpster

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on June 10, 2019, 11:57:48 AM
I haven't listened to the Lucas ep yet but on one of the One Show podcasts they openly state they think Walliams is a cunt as if it's a known fact around the industry, and I've definitely seen other comedians having a dig at him. Maybe Lucas was trying to address something he knows everyone thinks?

i've always had Walliams down as a wretched cunt....nice to know the 'industry' agrees with me

kidsick5000

Quote from: Mobbd on June 26, 2019, 01:38:29 PM
Bloody Hell, Chiles was funny. 10% Accidental Partridge, 90% genuinely witty and great.

There's something beautiful about him admitting the Daybreak gig didn't work because he hates talking in the morning

Bad Ambassador

His car park dream is something even Herring wouldn't think of.

Tony Tony Tony

Chiles strikes as being straightforward and down to earth, a thoroughly decent bloke. His tales on the vagaries of fame are worth a listen.

At one point he mentions having been romantically linked with another famous person, who said something to the effect that her fame wasn't down to luck (as he stated of himself) but due to her being hard working, funny and talented etc. I assume he meant Catherine Tate as he was her other half for a while after his divorce from Jane Garvey?

sutin

I knew very little of Adrian Chiles apart from his face as he is/was on TV a lot. I agree that he definitely came across as a witty, down to earth bloke. One of the more enjoyable RHLSTPs this series.

EOLAN

Oh look forward to this. Adrian is probably the only (minor) celebrity I have approached over past 12 years. Both times in and around Selhurst Park. Well apart from getting into the bar in the Comedy Bang Bang live-show post drinks. Although Mike Hanford seemed happy to have someone to talk to - bless him. Anyway; plenty grouchy was old Chilesy both times. 

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

As much as I enjoyed Stewart Lee and Armando taking the piss out of Chiles in SLCV, I've always felt he was an undeserving target. I know that's one of the things Stew does, exaggerating his hatred of essentially harmless celebrities for comic effect, but in that case it didn't quite work as Chiles is too witty, self-aware and likeable to fulfill his required role in the routine, i.e. the personification of bland, boring mainstream entertainment.

Chiles' default setting is deadpan self-deprecation, which is something you'd assume that Stew of all people would appreciate. Or maybe he does and he just thought it would be funny to compare Chiles to a Toby Jug overflowing with piss. Because it is.

Actually, is that routine mentioned in this episode? I haven't watched it all yet. Oh well. POST.

nec1974

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on June 10, 2019, 11:57:48 AM
I haven't listened to the Lucas ep yet but on one of the One Show podcasts they openly state they think Walliams is a cunt as if it's a known fact around the industry, and I've definitely seen other comedians having a dig at him. Maybe Lucas was trying to address something he knows everyone thinks?
Walliams is the only comedian I can remember Barry Cryer slagging off (at the BFI event with Lee Mack). He's usually very encouraging and accepting of newer generations of comedian.

paruses

Nicholas Parsons one has dropped today.

As an anti-fan of Just a Minute can anyone persuade me to listen to this over Adrian Chiles on my drive home tonight?  He has been around so long he should have a wealth of stories but I don't recall having heard any interviews with him.

paruses

Also just got round to listening to the Inbetweeners one. I quite enjoyed and DB shut down quite a lot of Herring's schtick I thought which made it more interesting. Joe Thomas seems a very nice guy but not that engaging in interviews.
I enjoyed the candid accounts of Jay/James Thingy being very talented but a bit of a dick to work with.
I wish they had talked more about the 10 Year Anniversary Show fiasco. Would be interesting to hear their take on it having heard Jay's honest account (the fuck is his surname?)

Beagle 2

I seem to have been blissfully unaware of Adrian Chiles' apparent rise to superstardom or decline back to regular shmuck. I just thought he was a bloke who was occasionally on the telly. About halfway through I thought "why the fuck am I listening to a really long interview with Adrian Chiles" and did something else.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: Beagle 2 on July 03, 2019, 09:39:30 AM
About halfway through I thought "why the fuck am I listening to a really long interview with Adrian Chiles" and did something else.

Adrian Chiles writes: You have my deepest sympathy, pal. I mean, why on earth would anyone want to listen to me for even one minute, let alone an hour? It beggars belief. I can only apologise to anyone who's ever met me in any capacity whatsoever, and I'll be droning on and on to that effect in another interview very very soon, for which I humbly apologise in advance.

lankyguy95

Nicholas Parsons is astoundingly quick for someone in their mid 90s.

Ham Bap

Quote from: lankyguy95 on July 03, 2019, 10:59:24 AM
Nicholas Parsons is astoundingly quick for someone in their mid 90s.

He couldn't outrun me if I had a full Christmas dinner in me.

SteveDave

I saw him at Heathrow in 2016 and was worried he wouldn't last the walk from check-in to security.

Pure Cab baiting article on the Grauniad  website claiming Herring is the best celebrity interviewer in Britain.