Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:57:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Herring's Leicester Square Podcast Thread 2017 + Edition

Started by Small Man Big Horse, July 17, 2017, 04:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaledonianGonzo

True, but I don't see why he would be a less comedic guest than, say, Johann Hari.  On paper at least.

Wet Blanket

Herring just had this to say on Twitter about the Eavis one:

QuoteSadly it won't be going up as he hasn't appreciated that it was for broadcast and cuts requested made it untenable.

And

QuoteWe've had some where big edits have been requested. In this case one of the edits was a running joke and I don't have time to do it and can't see away of making the podcast work without it.

I wonder which ones feature 'big edits'?

imitationleather

Quote from: Wet Blanket on June 21, 2018, 11:07:10 AM
Herring just had this to say on Twitter about the Eavis one:

And

Eavis saying "You are not putting a video of me having to answer those fucking Emergency Questions on the internet."

mojo filters

Quote from: imitationleather on June 21, 2018, 01:00:59 PM
Eavis saying "You are not putting a video of me having to answer those fucking Emergency Questions on the internet."

Would be thoroughly justified!

Seriously though, by drawing attention this way - won't whatever he said inevitably now get out? Much as I loved Glastonbury (before the fucking fence) I'd probably not have bothered listening to an Eavis episode.

Seems a bit odd turning up for a podcast recording, then saying things you don't want publishing? As mentioned above, Eavis has done plenty of media - albeit mostly lecturing non country folks on the perils of cows encountering tent pegs, and complaining about people pissing in his little stream.

Trust fucking Herring to make mild mannered Michael Eavis say something he regrets!

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Wet Blanket on June 21, 2018, 11:07:10 AM
Herring just had this to say on Twitter abo. ut the Eavis one:

And

Danielle Ward says on her website that her one was heavily edited,  the choice of Ben Walker apparently and also due to some libel.

TheDHolford

Quote from: Brian Freeze on June 22, 2018, 03:38:59 AM
Danielle Ward says on her website that her one was heavily edited,  the choice of Ben Walker apparently and also due to some libel.

I was at the Danielle Ward podcast and although I can't remember exactly word for word what was said, there was a lot of chat that ended with one of them saying "probably need to cut that out". From what I remember it was Royal family chatter and discussions of certain other comedians. I haven't listened back to the podcast yet though to see if I could work out what was cut out.

Mango Chimes

Hadn't realised it was for 'broadcast'? Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast, with it's arguably unnecessary but, as I understand it, present camera crew?

Ferris

Quote from: Mango Chimes on June 22, 2018, 11:19:36 PM
Hadn't realised it was for 'broadcast'? Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast, with it's arguably unnecessary but, as I understand it, present camera crew?

It's recorded and distributed via internet upload, so not broadcast in the traditional sense (9pm, BBC1, after the darts), but it's still viewable by John Q Public after the evening is over.

Pranet

Quote from: Mango Chimes on June 22, 2018, 11:19:36 PM

The Eavis one was not filmed only recorded for audio release- it was at the Wells Comedy festival.

Tony Yeboah

He's Finally Sold Out! https://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/5986/richard-herring-podcast (Or accepted a perfectly legitimate and well-deserved stream of income, whichever you prefer).

mojo filters

Quote from: Tony Yeboah on July 17, 2018, 01:59:14 PM
He's Finally Sold Out! https://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/5986/richard-herring-podcast (Or accepted a perfectly legitimate and well-deserved stream of income, whichever you prefer).

Fuck me! A podcast that celebrates Direct Line's policy changes ...

Buy car insurance! Buy cheap insurance for cars and other things, don't worry that Direct Line has taken the unusual marketing move of now denying the Holocaust within the limited scope that objective can be achieved via the medium of discount insurance policies. Now here's some irritating questions literally no one apart from successful TV comedian Richard Herring is interested in the answer to!

What's next for Herring, a deeper look at the values of the Carphone Warehouse?

big egg

Christ that's grim. He's definitely given others a hard time on the podcasts for doing adverts too. I always thought it was funny when he explained why he wouldn't do adverts (something like his generation of alternative comedians would instinctively never do them because Bill Hicks etc). I'd imagine the vast majority of people don't hold Herring up to such a high ideological standard so really who cares? But he said it and gave others (Stephen merchant was one) a hard time about selling out, so doing it now just seems tragic.

Wow.

I've been lurking on this forum for fucking *years*, convinced that the act of posting on it is 'not for me', avoiding registration and restricting my CAB relationship to 'checking in on a few threads every now and again in order to silently agree or disagree with whatever you lot are on about'. I always wondered what would prompt me to register and post something. Turns out it's the sentence "Richard Herring has teamed up with Car insurance provider Direct Line to make a series of podcasts". What a world!

I mean, it's going to be terrible, that's an absolute given. I don't really have much else to say about it to be honest, it just looks hilariously pisspoor and there's something unquantifiably hilarious about that. I only hope that someone calls him out for hypocrisy and he gets all frosty. I love it when that happens!

mojo filters

...or GoCaOTRoWiDeLiHOCaDeGaWo - as all the capitalist kids are calling it!

He's currently fighting with Piers Morgan on Twitter and trying to get him on the podcast.

Rolf Lundgren

I thought he'd got RHLSTP sponsored by Direct Line which would make sense but doing a podcast about driving incidents with, I'm going to assume some boring tosser, is a concept that falls apart in a strong breeze. Something tells me a lot of their anecdotes are going to end with the realisation that it could be saved by their car insurance.

Mobius

What a twat. He used to go on, all the bloody time, about how adverts were awful and any comedian who does them is a sellout etc on his old Collings & Herrin podcasts.

Suppose he's got a kid now though!

Ferris

Quote from: Mango Chimes on July 19, 2018, 12:12:23 AM
He can't even drive.

I can! Etc etc

Seriously though, good for Rich.

Make that paper, Herring!

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Mobius on July 19, 2018, 12:46:53 AM
What a twat. He used to go on, all the bloody time, about how adverts were awful and any comedian who does them is a sellout etc on his old Collings & Herrin podcasts.

Suppose he's got a kid now though!

Kids are expensive but if he had saved the cash he's blown on various projects like a loss making play or cameramen for some folly he'd have 10 times the amount I'm guessing he's getting for this. I'm guessing he's getting 50,000.

Which for me is 2 years salary and probably is for most people. Everyone has their price and everyone with children most definitely has their price and I hope it was a high price this time for rich. If it was 20 grand then he's a fool and if it was 100 grand then he'd be a fool not to.

But kids have a way of making you negotiable on your previous morals and I wouldn't even begrudge him taking some easy money for a change. His whole career up to now has been about making money in the hardest way possible in any given situation so you could say he's earned it.

BeardFaceMan

Writing good comedy instead of emergency question books would be 'earning it'.

DrGreggles

I got really excited about Terry Hall until I remembered who's doing the interviewing.

Sebastian Cobb

Not been this excited since Denise Van Outen started doing that chat show for Matalan.

vainsharpdad

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreeryThe Darkness of Robins is a phenomenal hour of standup.

Has this ever been recorded/ planned for release?

godber

Quote from: vainsharpdad on September 07, 2018, 12:54:43 PM

Has this ever been recorded/ planned for release?

The BBC recorded it in February and I had tickets, but it was one of those 'more tickets than seats, get there early jobbies' and despite queuing for an hour, I didn't get in. Been pretty desperate to finally watch it, but haven't heard anything about a broadcast yet.

vainsharpdad

Quote from: godber on September 07, 2018, 02:19:51 PM
The BBC recorded it in February and I had tickets, but it was one of those 'more tickets than seats, get there early jobbies' and despite queuing for an hour, I didn't get in. Been pretty desperate to finally watch it, but haven't heard anything about a broadcast yet.

Oh yes. Good - I fancy seeing it as well.

https://twitter.com/nomadicrevery/status/958404856628183040
https://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/5272/news-rising-stars-stand-film-sets-bbc-show