Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:05:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan For You Season 4

Started by Small Man Big Horse, July 18, 2017, 10:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

I thought we already had a S4 thread but I can't find it. Anyway, for those Canadian CaBbers this event has just been announced on facebook:

QuoteNATHAN FOR YOU - Sneak Peek and Q&A
Hosted by Nathan Fielder

Monday, September 4
VOGUE THEATRE, Vancouver
All Ages / Reserved Seating
Doors: 7:00pm / Show: 7:30pm

Facebook Presale: Thursday, July 20 at 10am – 10pm
Password: ENCORE
Public on Sale: Friday, July 21 at 10am
Get Tickets: http://livemu.sc/2vaQwqx

Tickets: $35.00 (Incl. GST) + s/c

-Nathan Fielder Online-
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NathanForYou/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nathanfielder
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nathanfielder

Host Nathan Fielder appears live and in person to give you a sneak peek of the upcoming season of "Nathan for You". The screening will be followed by a Q&A discussion that will include several off-the-cuff jokes by Fielder, who's a mediocre improviser.

Which hopefully means the new season will air in September, or October at the latest.

brat-sampson

Ooooh, fantastic! It's been a while, I was worried maybe too many Californian small businesses had gotten wise.

Sin Agog

Spoiler because the episode's not aired yet, but I really liked one of his latest stunts where he told the Progress organ of the Labour party that the best way to gain traction was by starting an account on a Chris Morris forum and riling up a bunch of blokes on the various Corbyn threads.

Sin Agog

I'm going to need an oxygen tank by my side what with all the laughing from watching new episodes of Nathan and Curb on the same month.

Small Man Big Horse

I wish I had the willpower to lock myself away and not watch any of the new season until it finished, along with Twin Peaks, Curb, Rick and Morty, Bojack Horseman and You're The Worst (so November-ish, I guess), before spending a week overdosing on amazing tv.

colacentral

It seems like forever since season 3; I haven't laughed at anything harder since then (two years ago!). Even though they announced season 4 as soon as 3 was done I just assumed that it had been quietly cancelled. I'm guessing there'll be stuff in the new season that's taken alot of planning for it to take this long to come out.

newbridge

Christ on a cracker, I'm just remembering "The Hero" finale to Season 3. Genius.

(Also bringing back happy memories of when I posted the Nathan-in-prosthetics selfies from said episode on here in the "Post photos of yourself" thread and several people later mocked me during an argument in another thread thinking they were actually me)

Custard

It's the best new comedy in aaaaaages, for me. Hysterically funny, constantly surprising and very clever, and Nathan himself is superb

Ahh man, cannae wait!

CaB group rewatch beforehand?

Artemis

N4U feels like a portal into a universe where people are making funny comedy.

newbridge

Hat FM

i thought it would be out sooner as they did another sneak peek about 6 weeks ago. maybe these sneak peeks will end up being some part of the show?

i read somewhere (redidit) that tony montana is involved in some way in the new series and yes he does comment on his threesome.

Artemis

Quote from: Hat FM on July 24, 2017, 04:21:29 PM
i thought it would be out sooner as they did another sneak peek about 6 weeks ago. maybe these sneak peeks will end up being some part of the show?

Mindfudged.

SteveDave

I've just finished series one of this. I look forward to the next two and then this new one.

I have no idea how he keeps a straight face. The one with the rebate on petrol that involved a 2 day hike up a mountain was a masterpiece.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Hat FM on July 24, 2017, 04:21:29 PM
i read somewhere (redidit) that tony montana is involved in some way in the new series and yes he does comment on his threesome.

Did you mean Anthony Napoli (the charming host of The Hunk)?

Mini

Excellent, I feel like I've been waiting forever for this. I'm eternally grateful for Joe Cornish recommending the show to Adam Buxton on his podcast cos it's genius. In turn I implore everyone I meet to watch it, but because it defies description they usually just look at me funny and ignore my recommendation. Their loss!

VelourSpirit

https://twitter.com/nathanfielder/status/889906966348181504

It's starting on 28th September, and there's going to be a special the week before where he revisits businesses from before. Very exciting!

Skip Bittman

Wow, I somehow missed season 3 too! Thanks for the reminder, this is a hilarious little gem. A few of my friends don't seem to get on with it and sit through it with disapproving puckermouths, but it sure makes me choke with laughter regularly. I am in awe of his skills.

George Oscar Bluth II

Is there, or has there ever been, a legal way to see this show in the UK?

Sin Agog

Think you can 'buy' a season on Amazon video, or import the first two seasons on Deeveedee.

PlasticTom

Time for a rewatch. I've seen them all once and it's one of the best comedies I've ever seen, but they are honestly so excriuciating in places that I find it hard to go back and put myself through it again.
However, I've just started the first episode of the third series and within three minutes, there are a bunch of $1 TVs behind a fake wall, being guarded by an alligator. I've missed you, Nathan.

Petey Pate

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 28, 2017, 06:16:30 PM
Is there, or has there ever been, a legal way to see this show in the UK?

If you have a region free player, you can buy the first two seasons on DVD for £15.59.  I've been meaning to purchase it, just for the commentary provided by 'Bill Gates'.

I do wish it would air on UK television or at least be added to Netflix, just so more people are aware that the thing exists.

Hat FM

Quote from: Pseudopath on July 25, 2017, 11:11:07 AM
Did you mean Anthony Napoli (the charming host of The Hunk)?

haha yes. silly malfunctioning brain.

Repeater

weekender

Bill Gates impersonator looks like he got older, like in the same way that actual Bill Gates is getting older.

Great dedication.

selectivememory

That looks typically mad and brilliant. Delighted to see that he's brought that ghost writer back. There was something very intriguing about that guy.

newbridge

Quote from: Ron Superior on August 17, 2017, 07:06:38 PM
Season 4 trailer is up!

https://youtu.be/GJ9xBooAADM

This is the most heroic fucking comedy trailer I've ever seen. Under two minutes and better than any other comedy on TV right now.

Highlight of highlights is the drawn out: "You think I'm a, look like a stalker?"

garbed_attic

Not sure about the chilli (seems like a bit of a throw-back to the gross out jokes in season 1) but otherwise very tantalising.

Although I am a little worried about how far the stalking will go.

Mini

Quote from: gout_pony on August 23, 2017, 10:31:17 PM
Although I am a little worried about how far the stalking will go.

Just remember it might not be as real as it seems. Or it could be precisely as real as it seems. I hope that's reassuring.

Sin Agog

Quote from: gout_pony on August 23, 2017, 10:31:17 PM
Not sure about the chilli (seems like a bit of a throw-back to the gross out jokes in season 1) but otherwise very tantalising.

Do any English people eat chilli by itself?  Like just dipping into a tub of chilli with a spoon.  Seems exclusively American.