Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:56:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for tried and tested way to download youtube playlist as mp3 files....

Started by Ringside, July 19, 2017, 05:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringside

Evening all,

There's a podcast I listen to which has bonus content on youtube, in the form of a playlist of maybe 30 files thus far. Anyway, I have way more time at work and as I'm driving to listen to the audio than I do to sit at a computer and do it....plus I'm a fucking nerd and would like to "own" the files for posterity.

I've tried a couple of sites and a bit of software to no avail, they either don't seem to work or require a premium purchase for batches over a few files. Ideally, I'd just like to get the lot done in one sweep.

Has anyone got any info on a good method for this?

Thanks.

weekender

I haven't used the batch functionality on this one, but it's done the occasional mp3 for me fairly painlessly:

http://download.cnet.com/Free-YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-75827483.html

There's a few free YouTube downloaders on Cnet, so if that doesn't work maybe try some of the others?

http://download.cnet.com/windows/

hermitical

again, not for playlists but I've used this many times for both audio and video from Youtube

Clipconverter

olliebean

I think jDownloader will probably do this, if you paste in the playlist URL and click the checkboxes at the side to select just audio files. They'll be m4a files though, not mp3.

Ringside

Thanks for the replies so far. I know how to do a single file, I was hoping for the same thing but for a whole playlist to save me painstakingly going through em. Not that it's the end of the world, but you know.

Ringside

Quote from: olliebean on July 19, 2017, 08:30:33 AM
I think jDownloader will probably do this, if you paste in the playlist URL and click the checkboxes at the side to select just audio files. They'll be m4a files though, not mp3.

jDownloader worked a treat, thank you.

It downloaded an additional plugin, which is fine, and I now have a ton of listening to do.

Cheers, olliebean.