Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:33:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

crossover. beware.

Started by Dusty Gozongas, February 19, 2004, 01:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Gozongas

What the fuck is happening on my telly right now?  Channel4 I think, although I wouldn't claim to be an expert because it rarely gets turned on.  Blame the footy and the long stick that hits the challel buttons randomly during my futile attempts to hit the fucking OFF button.

Music videos and b3ta kittens?

Fuck this!  It's really shit TV!

Please God don't let this become a TV cult.  b3ta does not belong in this domain.  I tells ya.

Neil

Have to agree, I was sneering at the Channel 4 schedules earlier and figured it wasn't even worht going into the bedroom to watch 4Music.  Joel Vietch can FUCK RIGHT OFF, making kittens dance to shit music is not inherently funny.  I used to adore 4Music too, when they had stuff like Mirrorball on there.  Now you just get that wazzock from Norn Iron swearing a lot, as if that's somehow big and fucking clever.  Tell you what though, it's the "Wife For Wills" advert that makes me want to stick my size 13 through the screen.  Fair enough it's an E4 show but still, just the thought of it, and that advert really does make my skin crawl.

Morrisfan82

This does puzzle me: why IS Colin Murray deemed the only person suitable to front ALL of the 4Music block's output? What makes him singularly so qualified to specifically do music shows? Fuck all from what I've seen, he's like the pointlessly irritating 'face on the scene' cunt you know who only goes to gigs to get drunk and try to get a shag.

I piss in his ass.

I'd actually be really bothered about this if the current alternative music scene wasn't so fucking dire anyway.

And as for A Wife For Wills: d'you know what, I'd LOVE to be present at the new-programmes brainstorming sessions they have at E4. So I could kill every one of the fuckers.

Matthias

Quote from: "Muteki"I piss in his ass.

That statement made me spit my water out. Thanks. Now I've got to walk all the way back to the water cooler to refill my cup.

TV though.. yes, it's crap. Personally, I blame Endemol. TV has gone downhill since they started with their no script, no celebrity, no entertainment policy!

Lord Spong

Quote from: "Matthias"
Personally, I blame Endemol.

Endemol?  Anusol, more like.

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: "Muteki"
I'd actually be really bothered about this if the current alternative music scene wasn't so fucking dire anyway.

So very true!  Although it can easily be argued that the alternative scene on C4, MTV et al is little more than ear & eye candy for kids who don't know how to to know better.

As I recall (perhaps in rose-tinted hindsight) the Independent Charts were more reflective of the underground scene in my youth.  Until the major labels started creating more and more subsiduries that qualified to be regarded as Indie labels, that is...

Luckily there's always more interesting stuff out there than the TV companies would have us believe.

aye.  should be in SE but as Gary Barlow might say, "i don't take that"

chand

The alternative scene is as interesting as it ever was. I would argue that yer White Stripes/Kings Of Leon/Strokes are just a branch of the mainstream, since there's such a homogeneity between 'alternative' music media these days. NME, Q, MTV2, Bang, X-Ray, Zane Lowe, it's all the same fucking bands being run into the ground.

And yeah, Colin Murray is annoying on those 4Music things. 'Hey! I just told the Rapture to fuck off!'.