Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:11:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone still play GTA Online?

Started by Barry Admin, July 19, 2017, 01:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishfinger

Yeah, turn 'matchmaking' off in Online > Options. You may also find it helpful to start with you both in the same invite-only session, too. You won't be bothered by randoms and the mission host can just 'invite all from session' to get things started. It also reduces loading times, and if you vote for 'Freemode' when you're done with playing missions, you should find you both end up in a private lobby (hopefully together), rather than in the middle of some impromptu public deathmatch.

mobias

I could be up for a little GTA Online action over the weekend if anyone is about on the PS4. Mobe7 is the PSN name. Death and destruction is my game.

Beagle 2

kittens

lads i got the game. hopefully will be playing online constantly for the next few weeks

Rizla

So how do we all join a gang together then? I just made a "Community" on PSN called "Queen Henry smakkboizz". Is that useful?

Barry Admin

There's a GTA crew called cookdandbombd with the tag ACAB you can use if you want. It tends to group together people on your friend list/crew members.

Bought a crate warehouse today as I had 900k spare, and loaded into a server on my own. Knew it was dumb and a shit grind, but figured I could make the money back quickly. Nah. Spent all day grinding to pick up 42 crates - all fucking day. Then I went to sell them all for 700k and it told me I needed three people. Attempted to solo it, lost everything. Hit reset and thankfully all I've lost is three crates, thank fuck. Absolutely no bloody money, though. I figured this would get me to the vehicle warehouse quicker, but it's been an absolute fucking bollocks.

mobias

Yeah I'm still a member of the CAB crew. I think it was the only crew I was ever in. Lets aim for some GTA action over the weekend.

Fishfinger

Just joined the crew. Here's the link to it on the Social Club. I'm Fridge_light on PS4.

BeardFaceMan

I want to be able to design your own tattoos just so I can have ACAB across my knuckles. Or possibly my forhead. Would fit the game perfectly.

Barry Admin

Homing launchers + paranoia = bad days for chopper bros :-(

Fishfinger

Not sure anything triggers the fight/flight response quicker than a nearby chopper icon.

Barry Admin

Yeah, to be fair, the paranoia can often be justified when I'm in my Buzzard. :-)

In the old days I'd always call in a helicopter pickup, snipe the pilot, and jack his ride. Being able to spawn a Buzzard right next to me is awesome. Good for soloing missions too, I can call one in to the hospital or airport etc for 200 bucks.

I wish I had a decent group to get hesists done with. That's the only thing that really bugs me.

Fishfinger

The heists are great fun, I wish we were all on the same platform. I've done them all a couple of times now on the PS4, and would be happy to give it a go with a CAB group.

BeardFaceMan

God, thanks for reminding me of the nightmare that was trying to host all the heists and setups using randoms. Fuck me that was a bleak time.

Barry Admin

Yeah, as I said, I was up to 5 trying to get them done the other night with three guys with no mics. Right at the end of completing one, a guy suicide to fuck us over. Stuff like that happens a lot. There's a guy on my friends list who always wants help, but he will never help anyone else, and he is way, way, way too shouty and short-tempered for me to bother with anymore.

I would love to go for Criminal Mastermind in the future; all heists with the same crew on hard mode - don't lose a life and you get like 12 million.

Loaded into another solo server there thanks to my Xbox doing loads of updates, so tried to sell my warehouse stock again. 1 Titan and 10 airdrops in 30 minutes, got it done in 10, woo. I guess I'll just pick up crates every so often instead of grinding them, it's way too boring to do one after the next again, but would add a bit of variety when I'm just playing on a normal server.

Barry Admin

Did some more crates! Kind of enjoying it a bit more. I have some capital back so don't have to run VIP missions in between each crate run (unless I want to kill the cooldown timer), and I know them all know I think, so can speed run them with my beautiful Buzzard. Sold off a just over half-full warehouse there as it wasn't that much of a loss in comparison to the £735000 I'd make for a full warehouse. Had to kill some dudes (Buzzard again), then take a ship out to sea. 8 minutes, lovely stuff.

Back up to a mil now. I'm interested in the passive income from the Bunker, what would be my outlay there? Should I just continue with my plan to get the vehicle warehouse first? It does seem the best cash earner so I guess it's a no-brainer, unless I'm missing something with gun-running and passive income.

Rizla

I'd go for the vehicle warehouse asap, it's the best way to earn money fast fun and easy(ish) - once you do the 10-10-12 trick you can make maybe 200k an hour. The bunker plus upgrades cost me 3-4 million, and the passive income is i'd guess max 100k an hour (real time) profit, if you're organised.

Barry Admin

Okay thanks, vehicles it is then. I'll have to look and see if it's worth getting one of the cheapest two to start with, they're obviously in dodgy areas. El Burro might be better than La Mesa, but it looks like a bit of a pain to drive cars back to.

Barry Admin

Mayhem out there. Was on quiet servers and there's only 4 other people, but inevitably kicks off and some guy got his car jacked while he was delivering it. I'm sat in my office watching it all on the telly, it's just a total grudge fest now.

Picking up crates is certainly more exhilarating with randoms about! I really don't want to sell my product with these maniacs about though. The MTU trick hasn't worked, I guess I have to change to a wireless connection instead?

Barry Admin

Just two guys left now, killing the fuck out of each other over and over again hahah, I have missed this. Neither of them are pussying out and hiding in shops etc either. They're just using foot, car and helicopter to chase each other across the map, it's epic.

Talking about epic, the sheer scale of the game is still startling, even if it does show it's age a tad in terms of cosmetics. It's still crazy to be flying about and see all these dots moving about on the motorways and roads below, knowing that you can fly down and they'll turn into actual NPC's or players. Just imagine what the next version willl be like, when you can see car lights as well as the illumination from street lamps.

Fishfinger

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 27, 2017, 03:45:35 PMThe MTU trick hasn't worked, I guess I have to change to a wireless connection instead?

The MTU thing is only effective on the PS4, as far as I'm aware. It's what I use when my crew lobbies are train wrecks and I want to do I/E or bunker stuff. If you can connect your console directly to a laptop by ethernet, you could look up GTA port blocking as a reliable method of getting a solo public lobby.

Barry Admin

Thanks, sadly can't do that. 1280 MTU is meant to work on Xbox, I'm gonna try dropping it much lower and give a few other things a go, when I got done watching this ongoing and seemingly never-ending grudge match.

Barry Admin

One guy in a server so sold off another 400k worth of crates. Just in time as some dick joined, blew me up, then quickly logged off before I could get him back. That's happened a few times today, cowardly bitches.

Got the El Burro warehouse, so time to stock it up with motors!

BeardFaceMan

I keep meaning to join you Neil but have been having a bit of a shitty week, are you reading guides and stuff to work out whats going on with all the new stuff?

Barry Admin

Hey no worries man, feel free to join in when you feel like it! Yeah I have done a fair bit of research this past week, which is fun to me anyway. I'm just stockpiling motors now so I get all high end ones to sell. Didn't realise some of these would be racing missions though, heheh, no chance.

Rizla

Source Vehicle - cover vehicle in Sticky Bomb. Park next to wall so sticky bomb can't be seen. Wait.

Barry Admin

Stealing a car and got killed by yet another guy who immediately left the server afterwards. Dicks.

Barry Admin

Delivered my first high-end motor there, 100 grand, love it! Really tense as I suck at driving, and also had to drive right through the city, but I stuck on Ghost Organisation and didn't have a problem. Pretty quiet server too. Still though yeah, a rush, absolutely loving import/export.

kittens

bout to get set up online, ps4. just discovered i will have lost my ps3 character and all the millions of dollars i spent hours cheating to get, which is slightly irritating. but i'm also looking forward to starting again completely. i just bought ps plus for this so it had better be worth it

mobias

I'll bung the disc in tonight if anyone is about on the PS4. Do people play with mics on?