Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:19:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone still play GTA Online?

Started by Barry Admin, July 19, 2017, 01:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Was wondering if you guys were going ahead with it tonight, looking forward to hearing stories of your exploits.

Why can't you import your character kittens? Was there a time limit on that or something?

kittens

it seems the last opportunity to transfer was back in march, so i missed it. i've no idea where my mic is. can i just plug a generic mic into the controller or does it take more work than that

p.s. made my sexy lady, just need to think of a name for her and i'm away

kittens

hahahah got booted out of online just before finishing the character. great start lads

kittens

remade her. sexy lady named alexandra. almost ready to go murdering

mobias

Let me know when you're ready Kittens and you can come and gate crash someone's super yacht with me.

Are we friends on PSN by the way? Mobe7 is me

Edit. You're Dannyisyrfriend and you're still doing the tutorial missions? And you're a lesbian by the looks of things? 

kittens

correct. yes she is a lesbian actually
dunno how long this tutorial takes

kittens

keep getting fuckin kicked offline. my shitty internet. annoying

kittens

currently in a queue to join your server ladz

mobias

Quote from: kittens on July 29, 2017, 09:35:02 PM
currently in a queue to join your server ladz

I've just joined your game. I'm the dude in the cool leather jacket. Lets cause some mayhem!

Barry Admin

Have spent all night trying to get heists done in a group of three. Got the prison break done easily, but they want to do the last one (Pacific bank). Except one of us doesn't know how to use a parachute and we keep dying at the end, or losing loads of money before we even get there. The demo guy stays in the bank until a lot of it is clear, but we got shot to shit on the way to the jump.

I'd rather just do the easier heists over again! I wanted to have my bunker bought tonight. Hesists are amazing, and they did a great job of them, but man... they can be frustrating.

mobias

Thank you Kittens that was one of the most fun evenings of online gaming I've ever had. What a riot. New friends made, fair ground rides ridden and lots of people killed. Thats what its all about. Truth be told thats the first time I've ever actually seriously enjoyed GTA Online. We even got shown around someone's yacht (which they paid for with shark cards evidently).

I'll upload some some highlight screen shots tomorrow.

kittens

it was excellent! had a terrific time. back tomorrow night to try a heist!

Barry Admin

That's great to hear you guys had such a blast. It's a fun game, innit? Just can be frustrating when you're trying to make money, but when you kick back and treat it as a sandbox, it can still be one of the most engaging and fun mmorpgs going. It's great to just dick around on your BMX, or try and drive fire trucks up mountains etc.

mobias

So much of last nights session makes me laugh thinking about it today. What a random collection of experiences. If Kittens and I hadn't stopped and picked up a girl in our stollen chopper from up in the wind farm it wouldn't have been half as good. She really helped us get into it. One of the highlights was she started a motorcycle gang and invited us all to join and and immediately promoted Kittens to deputy gang leader. Kittens then pointed out over the microphone that he doesn't even own a motorcycle. This is GTA though so why let a minor technically like that get in the way of the fun eh?

The best bit was when four of us decided to land and check out someone's super yacht. We quickly made ourselves at home, climbed into the Jacuzzi and had a bit of fun running about the place. All of a sudden we started getting shot at at long range by someone with a sniper rifle. Turns out the yacht owner was on the shore and was none too happy with our presence on his posh boat. So we quickly fled back to the shore. Kittens then decided we should stage a proper siege of the boat so we were planning on what we were going to do when a voice came over the microphone from the yacht owner, someone called Dextra, saying 'just so you know I can hear every word you're saying and I'm more than prepared for whatever you have planned'. So Kittens then asked him politely if we could come aboard his boat and be shown around. 'Yeah alright' came the reply. Next thing you know we're at the bar on his boat having a nice drink with him. He even showed us how proper posh the toilets are.

After that another yacht owner turned up by chopper and 6 us flew in two choppers to his boat (which wasn't as posh!) and we were shown around that.

So last night was the first time I finally 'got' GTA Online. It makes such a difference actually meeting people who aren't just a bunch of 12 year olds just going around killing everyone. It also made a big difference playing with a microphone and actually communicating with other players.

Some screen grabs.

Sharing a Jacuzzi with Kittens and another player.

Kittens beating our new gang leader at arm wrestling.

checking out the toilets in our new motorcycle gang HQ.

Riding the dollar coaster.

I'm on the Xbox version. If anycunt fancies a go give me a nudge by PM and you can have my username.

kittens

Rizla

unfortunately my PS4 has decided to die on me, but i'll get it replaced this week. missing my carnage.

mobias

Kittens are you around later tonight for another game?

kittens

i'm on it right now and intend to be on it all night

mobias

Quote from: kittens on July 30, 2017, 06:47:48 PM
i'm on it right now and intend to be on it all night

Thats the spirit! You'll be buying a super yacht before you know it. I'll come on now for a while and come and find you.

kittens

Barry Admin

Pics still not working. If you get it sussed you can PM me and I'll edit the previous post if you like.

Anyway that was a joy to read, sounds like great times were had by all. I've just been heavy on the grind since I got back, and so mostly trying to avoid randoms, but it reminded me of those sessions from years ago when some guy in a super car would pull up, beep his horn, and you'd jump in for some wild adventure.

kittens: few tips to get to get up and running again. Get an apartment that lets you do heists, then you two can run Fleeca job one after the other for easy money. Do the daily objectives as that's an easy 20k. CEO can be started for a million, and then you can run VIP jobs for an easy and/or fun 20-25k. You want to aim at getting the vehicle warehouse as it's fun and the most profitable.

When buying properities do actually research them first. General rule of thumb is don't buy the cheapest or the most expensive, as that's where most players will be.

I was going to get the Chumash bunker tonight, but am saving another few hundred grand for the route 68 one instead. Going to fly there to check it out now. Very nice central location on the map which should be good for my bunker missions, seems like a good approach with cover, and I can set up the biker businesses nearby when I get round to that.

kittens

mobias and i just finished our first heist, prison break, all the set up, everything! nice wodge of cash. at times it was incredibly frustrating but we had a good team and when we finished it was great. now i dunno what to spend money on. a house, as suggested. and a cool motorcycle. and hundreds of bikinis

edit - mobe's pics are working for me

mobias

Yeah quite an intense night there of gaming. Fun though. The heists are quite badly set up. It only takes someone dropping out for the whole thing to end and you get booted back to the start. Its an incredibly convoluted system. Apparently the online for Red Dead Redemption 2 is much better done.

One question I've got when it comes to spending money. Whats the point in buying a cool high end sports car if its just going to get blown up by some random if you're out and about in free mode? I know you can insure your car but there's the faff of picking the car up from the garage. Or have they changed all that since I last played?

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 30, 2017, 09:57:10 PM
Pics still not working. If you get it sussed you can PM me and I'll edit the previous post if you like.

Ah cheers. What image hosting sites do people generally use? I was using Photobucket but it was really slow to navigate. I've been using google's own image hosting system but thats the one I've been having problems with.

Rizla

Quote from: mobias on July 30, 2017, 10:42:54 PM
Whats the point in buying a cool high end sports car if its just going to get blown up by some random if you're out and about in free mode? I know you can insure your car but there's the faff of picking the car up from the garage. Or have they changed all that since I last played?

If you own a garage, either as part of your office or just the cheap 2-car job like what i started out with, your poncy hight end vehicle will appear there at the start of a session, or you can phone your mechanic and he'll deliver it to wherever you are on the map.

It took me a while to suss out that I could do the same kind of thing with my buzzard by phoning pegasus.

sending my PS back to the factory today. really hope you lot haven't all got bored of this again in a few days. i have so much work i could be punting your way lads.

mobias

Quote from: Rizla on July 31, 2017, 10:54:31 AM
If you own a garage, either as part of your office or just the cheap 2-car job like what i started out with, your poncy hight end vehicle will appear there at the start of a session, or you can phone your mechanic and he'll deliver it to wherever you are on the map.

Yeah I've got a fancy down town apartment with a huge white showroom but I just don't see the point in the filling it with expensive cars that are either going to just sit there or get blown up continuously out in the lawless world that is GTA Online. I mean I can see the point if you're always in a private crew session filled with people that are being cool with each other.

I just saw last night that the CAB crew has around 90 members across both platforms. It a real shame Sony vetoed Microsoft's offer of cross platform online gaming. Maybe they'll capitulate one day under pressure from big third party studios like Rocksar.

Quote from: Rizla on July 31, 2017, 10:54:31 AM

sending my PS back to the factory today. really hope you lot haven't all got bored of this again in a few days. i have so much work i could be punting your way lads.

I'm having a ton of fun with Kittens and seem to have made a few new GTA Online friends. I'll be around for a while I think.

Rizla

If you enjoy the racing then it's worth spending some money on a couple of flashy cars and getting them souped up at the garage. I have an RE 7B for supercar races and a choice between a Dinka Jester and a Tropos Rallye for sports class. They're expensive but you'll place better in races and they'll pay for themselves in no time.

Barry Admin

Plus, don't forget about invite only seasons and stuff, mobias. GTAO is a bit madder than usual these days, given that people who have played a lot/spent a fortune on shark cards have some very powerful shit. But I just tend to lobby shop, or lag out my connection by redownloading 60gb of games or something.

Just a reminder that you can actually get away from the griefers, and you can play the way you want to. It's very easy to do the MTU trick on PlayStation to get a solo or low player count lobby:

QuoteWhat you have to do is to go to your PS4 menu, and go to "settings" on the top bar. Scroll down and press "network". Go down and press "set up internet connection". Choose whatever your network is from. Next choose CUSTOM instead of easy. Choose automatic/do not specify for every part except for MTU settings. Your MTU number should default be on 1,500. Change that value to 800. After setting up the connection, test it. It should connect. After you do this, you can load up GTA 5, and go online. The first session you join should only have you in it.

mobias

Cheers for the info folks. There is quite a steep learning curve with it all now. Since Rockstar have been making it up as they go along they've piled more and more content into it with no real grand unifying scheme as to how it all integrates easily. I mean it does but it is complicated these days. Last night Kittens and I were driving around looking for a bank to deposit our money in. Then some helpful player texted us to tell us you can now do it via your phone and mobile internet banking. Very helpful tip there.