Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:01:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's time to replay The Witcher 3

Started by Barry Admin, July 19, 2017, 01:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobias

Quote from: wooders1978 on October 03, 2017, 09:45:19 AM

What an utterly brilliant game this is - I am not sure how I am going to fill the void in my gaming life that it will leave

Wait a little while then playthrough the whole thing again on new game + mode. Thats what I did. I enjoyed the game even more on my second playthrough. You pick up on a load of stuff you may have missed the first time around. Its not as arduous an undertaking as you may think since you'll know the world and game mechanics, you progress through the story so much faster. You don't have to faff around with as many side quests and witcher contracts if you don't want to.

As soon as CD Projekt Red release the 4K HDR patch for my PS4 Pro I'll be picking up on my third playthrough of it. Can't wait to see what visual improvements there are. Its such a beautiful game world, it deserves to be seen at its best.

wooders1978

Great advice but sadly this is my 2nd play through :(
As you say though - what a fantastic time I had with a little more experience of the game (Ursine gear btw if anyone is interested, was a very cool way to do my 2nd run, wasn't that taken by wolves gear in the first run but that might be because I had my build all wrong for it)

falafel

mobias

Funnily enough the 4K PS4 Pro patch was released today. I don't think any of it is native 4K, but I've yet to read a technical analysis of it. Its quite impressive, It makes an already pretty game even more pretty. The anti-aliasing is noticeably better. Everything has a really nice soft smoothness to it. Anyway, looking forward to resuming my playthrough of it.

The Roofdog

Quote from: Bhazor on August 21, 2017, 04:43:15 PM
The combat really isn't worth focusing on. Its all just numbers based with levels counting far more than any skills. Effects of oils, tonics, secret herbs and spices are nothing compared to an extra level or 10 points on your sword.

This is what I've realised but it's pissing me off a bit. I'm starting to leave the more difficult side quests unattempted as I play through because Level is everything when it comes to fighting boss monsters (it just offered me some mission fighting spiders down a mine in Velen that it recommended level 33 for??) BUT I skipped talking to the dwarf blacksmith the first time I rode through White Orchard and now I can't trigger his sidequest (something to do with an arsonist burning his hut down?). Worst of both worlds really.

(sorry for bumping thread, didn't seem worth creating a third Witcher 3: The Witchening thread)

wooders1978

It sounds like you've learnt your lesson already but just in case, do any side quests that are either below or around your level before progressing the main quest, this game is ruthless at removing the chance to revisit or complete side quests if you've done something in the main quest that can affect them

The Roofdog

Yeah I'm hoovering that good shit up now. Getting the hang of most of it except Yrden for Wraiths: am I supposed to cast it right in their stupid face or bait them to walk into the circle? Either way not doing me much good. Stuck killing Jenny o' the Woods and I'm actually one level higher than her now. Weak.

Also whoever designed the "play as Ciri" side quests can fuck right off. "Climb up the tower". Except don't climb up the tower, just walk round it until you trigger a cut scene. Arseholes.

Mobius

Get them in the circle, yeah. Cast it where they're stood of lead them into it.

That Jenny quest is well hard for how early it comes in the game, I think everyone struggles on that

QRDL

Yeah, Jenny was by far the hardest fight for me. After many tries I barely scraped through with the first level of Yrden. You really cannot get greedy, because it only gives you a very short window after you gather your wits. If the fight gives you trouble I strongly recommend getting the second level of Yrden - the circle is both larger and lasts longer.

And cast it under your feet right after she teleports next to you.