Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:27:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Fantasy Football 2017/18

Started by phes, July 20, 2017, 08:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

Firmino is shit. Him and Morata out. Now Kane and Lukaku up top. It's on lads

phes

I've decided to play the free hit. My whole bench is out, Morata is out and there's every chance i'll lose another player before the end of the window. Pretty bad run of luck with Pogba, Heaton, RLC, Hemed, Morata in running weeks.

I know most are planning on saving the FH for the weeks when a lot of teams blank but i think for me it's best used now. I'd have to use my free transfer plus about -4 minimum, possibly - 8. That equates to -8 or -12 including the transfer. I figure if you can get 20-30 points out of the free-hit chip then you've done well enough. So I just need to pick a team that outscores my current team by about a dozen points, and this leaves me 2 free transfers and various players closer to returning when the team reverts on the 14th. And which fixtures do we have coming up...

City v Stoke
Palace v Chelsea
Spurs v Bournmouth

i'll be tripling up on those 3

Prez

I thought it was worth taking a 16 point knock this week, so that I could bring in some players I think will pay off in the long run. And now that Morata's out, I'd like to bring Lukaku in, even though this would mean losing another four points. I wouldn't say I'm committed to the idea of starting a GW on -20, but it's probably a good idea to shed some points now while I can buy him.

I'm having a mare of a time with these injuries.

Prez

Being fair to myself, this is my first time playing since I was 9 or 10. I still remember the good old days of having to fill out the points by hand.

Blinder Data

Anyone else got shit luck with your big hitters? I bought Mane just before the Man City game, just as it looked like he was about to cause havoc. What a waste he's been. Knew I should've waited until the end of the international break to do my transfers 😩

Crabwalk

Wildcarded Morata out to get Aguero in, then he had his car crash and Morata scored a hat trick. Switched back to Morata: injured after 30 minutes. That's fantasy football for you, Clive.

Prez

Transferred Morata out and brought Jesus in. Since I'm starting on -20, whoever's 'Barry'sBananaCarnage' shouldn't have too much to worry about.

Now that I've settled on a team, I think I'll eventually catch up with the rest of you. Against my expectations, I seem to be knocking out above average scores pretty regularly, which is fairly good going, provided you ignore about all the points I madly throw away on transfers (it's madness with some reason). I'm not holding out much hope of winning either of the CaB Leagues after the mess I made of the first few weeks.

No more car crashes or hamstring injuries, please, Clive.

Prez

I don't think I'm understanding how substitutes work. I fielded Ben Davies this week, leaving Yoshida on the bench. Davies didn't pick up any points because he didn't play, but shouldn't that mean I get some points from Yoshida? Does the fact that I didn't have something to do with the two of them playing on different match days?

Prez

Ignore the above. Turns out I'm just impatient.

holyzombiejesus

Wow! Did atrociously this week (31 points), in part due to Auguero's miraculous recovery from broken ribs. I also transferred Mooy out. So, now I got rid of Jesus and bought Aguero back and swapped Salah for Sane. My team's lost a bit of value now too (currently just under 101m). Wish I'd swapped Lukaku for Kane back but ach fuck it.

Blinder Data

27 - a dreadful week. Losing the belief in Lukaku and Man U in general. Have a feeling Chelsea will start going on a winning run like they did last year so need to ship some of their players in.

Why is Salah so good? His stats are way above everyone else at Liverpool. God damn you all who bought him in the first week.

maett

I got rid of Azpilicueta Saturday evening, but can't remember what my ultimate plan was, I know it was something that would take a couple of weeks and possibly involved Hazard, but also involved dumping a couple of other players that have made a profit before I had enough funds. Bugger!

Blinder Data

Forgot to change my team from last week - bloody Friday night kick offs. I had two defenders out injured.

No matter, I got 12 points more than the average score. Fantasy football is silly. I really should spend less time fannying about with team selection and transfers if it means nowt in the end.

Blinder Data

Oh lads, I've fucked it. I thought I played a Free Hit but I must have clicked on Wildcard instead. Now I've got a squad filled with players from the five teams that played over the weekend (mostly mid-table dreck) and nobody else :/

This will be the real reason I don't end up winning the league obviously

I think I may have fucked it in not playing my free hit too. Had Salah as captiain of course but still 30 points down on everyone else. I was waiting for the double-match gameweeks to use it. Are they not going to happen?

Blinder Data

Quote from: Poisson Du Jour on March 20, 2018, 05:16:36 PM
I think I may have fucked it in not playing my free hit too. Had Salah as captiain of course but still 30 points down on everyone else. I was waiting for the double-match gameweeks to use it. Are they not going to happen?

I dunno, doesn't it depend on teams' fixtures? There have been some teams playing twice - Spurs did a few months ago because I remember seeing everyone Triple Captain Kane to get bugger all. No double-match gameweeks for everyone that I've seen though.

Crabwalk

Congratulations to the Champion mash/Matt Cherng, who once again has utterly dominated. That's three titles in a row I think? Absolutely first class, Clive.

Final standings: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/leagues/standings/193425/classic

I for one am fucking grateful that's over. I'm basically Alan Pardew now.