Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:27:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How To Locate Missing Tracks In ITunes

Started by Dr Rock, July 24, 2017, 08:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

So I know I have a few hundred tracks that are listed but there's no file found, you can't play it, maybe it's still in the folder and it's lost the connection, or maybe it's disappeared and needs replacing. iTunes doesn't give you a simple 'show me the missing tracks' option, and is generally useless at finding missing track listings and reuniting them with their actual file. So I read about this idea. it works, though there is a slight drawback I'm experiencing, so if anyone has a better idea...

1. Select every track in your Itunes library.
2. Get Info
3. Use a category you never use, like composer, or like I'm doing, bpm.
4. Set them all to the same one (in my case 111 bpm)
5. Wait until Itunes has updated the info, then order the tracks by bpm (or composer, whatver you used).

Voila, all the tracks that are missing won't have been touched so will all be in a bunch at one end.

One problem, I have rather a large collection and I started this three days ago and it's only up to the 'M's (Merle Haggard at the moment, I know that should be under H but that doesn't seem to be the way it's working).

Any other suggestions?