Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:11:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oxide Ghosts screening in London

Started by jangel, July 27, 2017, 10:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jangel

Just seen that the Prince Charles Cinema in London is hosting a screening of Oxide Ghosts with Michael Cumming Q&A on Wednesday 27th September.

Here's the link.

https://princecharlescinema.com/PrinceCharlesCinema.dll/WhatsOn?f=3272499

Noddy Tomkey

£11.50?! I'm not paying you good money to eat black men!

This is very exciting, thank you!

DukeDeMondo

They've added a second screening on the same night.

Noddy Tomkey

Went for the 9pm screening as I hope everyone involved will be drunk.

Small Man Big Horse

Thanks for the heads up about this, it's greatly appreciated.

Quote from: Noddy Tomkey on July 31, 2017, 11:08:22 PM
Went for the 9pm screening as I hope everyone involved will be drunk.

Went for the 6.30pm screening because I'm not being in the same cinema as Noddy Tomkey. Not after last time.* If anyone is going then and fancies meeting up then let me know, as I love every one of you. Apart from Noddy Tomkey, obviously.**

*Or because the missus works early shifts and wouldn't be able to make the latter screening. It's one or the other.

** I've no idea why I'm doing this to you Noddy. Sorry!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's at Hyde Park Picture House in Leeds but I'm out of the shitting fucking bastard cunt country.

Noddy Tomkey

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 01, 2017, 02:54:37 PM** I've no idea why I'm doing this to you Noddy. Sorry!

Hey, don't worry about it. I'll be hanging around all evening, you're getting goosed mate.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Noddy Tomkey on August 01, 2017, 08:09:18 PM
Hey, don't worry about it. I'll be hanging around all evening, you're getting goosed mate.

Which might just have been my plan all along.

Noddy Tomkey

A meet would be good and surely natural, considering the city and event.

Spoon of Ploff

I should come to this. I should take time off work and come to this. That's what I should do.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on August 03, 2017, 08:00:29 PM
I should come to this. I should take time off work and come to this. That's what I should do.

You should. And come to the six pm one as I'm all on my lonesome right now.

Noddy Tomkey

Two's for goose!

Earlier showing would work better for a meet, so I'll see if I can switch tix, if anyone gives a flying fuck.

Small Man Big Horse

You should, as I don't want to be alone in the cinema with Spoon of Ploff. Not after last time.

Spoon of Ploff

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on August 07, 2017, 08:23:12 PM
shit. sold out.

Tickets for the 9pm screening are still available, or you could turn up to the six thirty pm screening and beat me near to death and steal my ticket.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 09, 2017, 05:22:08 PM
Tickets for the 9pm screening are still available, or you could turn up to the six thirty pm screening and beat me near to death and steal my ticket.

I did give this some serious consideration.. the late showing that is.. not the mugging attempt. But no.

Look forward to your detailed blow by blow account of the evening.

Noddy Tomkey

Sploff I don't mind not meeting - hell, I wish I'd never met me. Get a ticket and enjoy the show.

Spoon of Ploff

No worries Nodds me ol' china.

Hey. Gonna be on the island Sept 22-24th. Probably be hittin' the Belle and Lion like a real saddo at some point. Yer know. FYI an' all that.

Noddy Tomkey

Rad! Do it properly and join me in the 7:55 Queue of Misery.

Carnival day today, I'll swoop in and investigate the current state of Zuluism.

axel

Noddy Tomkey

Hi axel, if you're interested we're all going to gather at SMBH's place beforehand and smoke a shit load of cigars.

Small Man Big Horse

I've bought an outdoor barbecue especially for the occasion!

Noddy Tomkey

You better make that outdoor barbeque indoor, boy.

I'll be about town all day, so able to hook up with you and your shitty fingers.

Brundle-Fly

Went to the 9pm show last night. Brilliant atmosphere and one of the most enjoyable screenings of any event I've ever attended. The bulk of the audience were surprisingly young (must've been toddlers when it was first aired) and enthusiastic in a good way. I quietly spared a thought to Sydward Lartle who would have seethed like an apoplectic tomato at their enjoyment of the film. It really felt like an exclusive old school 20th century experience that fans will talk about in hushed tones in years to come.

Noddy Tomkey

Does anyone remember what that hilarious first question was in the 9pm showing?

fflip

It was something like, did they suspect anything of Rolf Harris' crimes when they interviewed him in Brass Eye and consequently could they be accused of having "cum on their hands"?

I'm generally ambivalent about smartarses in the audience but I think it was the second half of a longer question and was funny at the time, honest. Surprising since I'd just spent 90 minutes in fairly constant amusement at the film itself and I didn't think I had the stamina for that anymore. I don't know what proportion of the unseen material Oxide Ghosts represents but it feels like there could be an infinite amount more stashed away; I got the impression that Morris and colleagues had enviably landed themselves in a situation and show format that allowed them to incorporate almost any kind of humour (real-life encroaching stunts, Morris dressing up as a character, technical pastiche etc) to unerringly good results.

A few other comments here said they thought this material wasn't as sharp as in the original programme, which may well be right. For me I think I've not fully appreciated the sharpness of the original programme (I thought TDT was the bigger masterpiece) and seeing this film has now raised it, for the next rewatch.

Brundle-Fly

At the end of the Q & A, Cummings reeled off his and CM's Brasseye music list that was their muse and what they used in the show. He has threatened to make a Spotify fing.

chocky909

Anyone going to Crouch End Picturehouse showing tomorrow 8PM? Still tickets available AFAIK.