Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:08:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury Thread

Started by european son, February 19, 2004, 04:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

european son

no credit cards

QuoteTickets for the event, which sold out last year in just 23 hours, will go on sale at 8pm on April 1. Tickets will cost £112, plus a booking fee of £3, and additional postage costs.

Tickets can be purchased on the ticket line 0870 830 2004.

king mob

Theres a longer & more accurate set of instructions here as to how to get your tickets.

The main thing this year is the lack of credit cards & tickets being limited to 2 per person, hopefully that should mean that more people who actually want to go will get tickets.

Theres some interesting rumours regarding how the tickets will be personalised & what form of I.D you'll have to present but in reality we wont find out til we get tickets.

european son

Paul McCartney to headline the last day.

The Cure, James Brown, Kings Of Leon, Basement Jaxx, My Morning Jacket and the Scissor Sisters confirmed.

more rumoured.

http://www.nme.com/news/107582.htm

imitationleather

As ever, a rubbish line-up.

It's all about the atmosphere though, isn't it?

fbb bastard

oasis on friday?.......and (bowie besides) crap sunday night headliner.....the dark...........god no perish the thought

king mob

Quote from: "imitationleather"As ever, a rubbish line-up.

Well, yes. the music has become secondary to why i go yo Glasto over the years & the Darkness or Muse or Pixies headlining does not really bother me after so many years being there.

What is good is that the set up is so that those who want to go can do so & its going to be very hard for touts(hopefully) to rip people off.

Ah well, we'll be in the green fields celebrating a wedding so it should be fun:)

Gamma Ray

Quote from: "imitationleather"As ever, a rubbish line-up.

Ach, I'm not so sure ... Yes, last year there wasn't a single band that I can remember. The year before I saw Manu Chao, Ozomatli, Spearhead, Fila Brazillia, and Rod Stewart. The latter on the way to see Fila Brazillia. Oh yeah, and Queens Of The Stone Age, but they were on too fuckin' early ...

They were all fantastic though. Except for Rod. I yelled at his fans, but they denied that they existed.

Then again, I've worked there for the last few years and the music really is secondary. I get up at half past five in the morning to cook breakfast for people who've lost the ability to string letters together in any meaningful way. About twelve hours and several crates of beer later you're starting to pitch ideas to your boss, like developing some kind of five nozzled bazooka to shoot the food straight into punters mouths, or a massive trough and all the punter has to do is pay for a fork ... Honestly, it's fucked up. To be fair, the food that my cafe served was pretty decent as far as festival fayre goes, but you get the impression that you could serve people fried monkeysbrain with a side order of ratscock and they'd still ask for seconds. And be willing to pay a tenner for it too.

And when you're done with printing money all day, you can go here. There's not much going on right now, but some days in June there might be a crazy woman spraying milk all over you from out of her fanny. Or ballroom dancing lessons. Or a redneck diner. Actually king mob - is that wedding in the Lost Vagueness chapel?

king mob

Quote from: "Gamma Ray"Actually king mob - is that wedding in the Lost Vagueness chapel?

No, they'll be getting married in Bath on the Tuesday having their wedding night there & heading down to Glasto first thing on Wedensday morning.