Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:03:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'What does it mean to be not human?'

Started by Hangthebuggers, August 05, 2017, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangthebuggers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgi7W5hSoOs

Everything from 1:00 onwards is staggeringly good. Him stroking Lisa's hair and then saying 'fully human' and then turning to the dumpy looking Rebecca Front's Christine and saying 'or are we not human?' and then approaching the office manager shrinking in his chair and plucking his beard.

Such a brilliant little thing in a tiny amount of time.

'Lisa please uncross your legs, John uncross your legs'
*quick stare at Christine*
'That's good''
--

'Christine hit Anthony'

(also don't think i've seen this extended version)

Coogan: 'Get a knife'

MoonDust

By far one of my favourite Day Today sketches. Better than the Pool, I think. So much more layers to the one-off characters, particularly Coogan's.

Tries to stand up to Lester Beck "Look--" but immediately breaks down.

Also one of the most brilliant lines before this "When you go to the toilet, do you have an Armitage Shanks defecation scenario or do you just have a shit?"

When it follows him up a few months later and he's a butcher "I respect meat. In some ways I respect it more than people."

"I'll stab him with this knife."

Twed

You've precisely extracted my highlights from that sketch, MoonDust.

Quote from: MoonDust on August 07, 2017, 03:24:35 PM
Tries to stand up to Lester Beck "Look--" but immediately breaks down.
The effortlessness with which Beck breaks him down is beautiful, in a horrific way. It would have been so easy to make Beck a bullshit artist, but they imbue the character with real power.

Twed

OH MY GOD and then the way Christine piggybacks on that. Absolutely amazing.

MoonDust

It's truly amazing. And yes, Lester Beck is a pretty sinister character. Acted beautifully.

One little thing I always thought was both amusing and sweet is when Lester releases the pig into the office, and Christine's way of making the pig feel relaxed is by making it follow a trail of paper.

A sweet little thought, but amusing because I'm left thinking "who would think of doing that? Why would a pig like paper?" I dunno, just a nice little touch to the scene.

Shoulders?-Stomach!