Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:28:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Talking during a film

Started by Billy, August 07, 2017, 01:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 23, 2017, 05:19:59 PM
By looking at their scared expressions when I shined the Maglite in their faces?

I don't think you even needed those glasses you claimed to be so keen to retrieve.

Brundle-Fly

saltysnacks

When I went to see Get Out there was a younger couple quietly chatting throughout, I could see that they were trying to be polite, but it was just loud enough to be annoying. I leaned towards the fella to ask him if they could be quiet, as they were distracting me. He squeaked in an excessively terrified voice that he was sorry and his girlfriend looked horrified, not a word came from either of their lips afterwards, but I couldn't focus as I was both guilty and confused.

Replies From View

I once went to see a screening of Kong: Skull Island where a bloke with contact lenses started rummaging around beneath my seat and trying to scoot his fingers up around to where my anus is stored.  As well as this, I think he thought I was Japanese.

Don't worry he couldn't reach it.  Then he shouted YES and fucked off without my anus.

Bad Ambassador

Whatever floor-clambering antics you might have got up to, it wasn't as bad as my screening of Kong: Skulls Island, where a couple brought in their baby, which started to cry after 10 minutes, possibly because of the giant monsters that appeared to be in the room. The parents took it out immediately and didn't come back, in all fairness, but what made them think taking a baby to a King Kong film was a good idea and why did Cineworld let them in?

Icehaven

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on September 25, 2017, 01:34:07 PM
Whatever floor-clambering antics you might have got up to, it wasn't as bad as my screening of Kong: Skulls Island, where a couple brought in their baby, which started to cry after 10 minutes, possibly because of the giant monsters that appeared to be in the room. The parents took it out immediately and didn't come back, in all fairness, but what made them think taking a baby to a King Kong film was a good idea and why did Cineworld let them in?

Exactly the same thing happened to me in a crowded screening of (I think) Iron Man 3 (or some Avengers film anyway). The child can't have been more than a few weeks old, and was already making a constant kind of gurgling noise which switched to increasing wailing as the noise level, in what was a very noisy film, kicked in. Luckily there were a few seats remaining nearer the screen so we were able to move but really, what the hell? Some of them must think if they watch a film at home with it on their knee and it sleeps through then that means it'll automatically do the same in a cinema. The dipshits.

MoonDust

It's the problem with this 12A rating isn't it? Under 12s allowed in so long as they're with an adult, but no fucker uses common sense and thinks "well bringing a few-week-old baby is pushing the notion a bit".

Idiots.

Also an example of parents who think having a baby doesn't change their social life. Got a baby? Will still take it to the cinema. Will still take it a restaurant. Will still take it round a museum blocking up all the aisles.

Might sound like a grumpy cunt but if you want to go out to the cinema or a nice meal find a fucking baby sitter. If you can't find a baby sitter, stay indoors, don't let others suffer your baby's tantrums, and plan to go out on a day when you can get a baby sitter. If that doesn't suit you still then you shouldn't have had a bloody kid if you still want to go out and have fun.

Sebastian Cobb

The cinema I go to has separate baby and carer screenings. Good idea I reckon, could imagine it being hell if one kid sets the rest off though.

I think they also do screenings for folk on the spectrum, where the lights are dimmed less and the sound is limited so the explosions are less intrusive.

Shay Chaise

I'm the kind of guy who'll get followed out and stabbed to death one day. I have absolutely no concerns about confrontation and a very short fuse for impoliteness. My wife is usually quite gregarious but she quickly sinks into her seat when I start hissing at folk making a noise or fidgeting excessively. I suppose I do see myself as a kind of crusader, a celluloid vigilante, protecting the downtrodden from the dead-eyed scum. Sometimes I'll spend a tenner to watch a film and take none of it in as I'm constantly on high alert for someone turning their head to smile at their partner. "Mind your FUCKING HEAD", I'll rasp, flush with purpose and righteousness. A thicko gets up to go the bog. "INCONTINENT CUNT", I'll stage whisper, from rows back, making sure the audience knows I fuckin got this.

Dr Rock

Maybe you could record yourself saying 'shut the fuck up we're trying to watch this film' on your phone, then play that if there are any noisy buggers. They wouldn't be able to tell where it's coming from if you looked around acting like you were as surprised as they were, looking for who said it.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 25, 2017, 03:48:37 PM
The cinema I go to has separate baby and carer screenings.

But....

I'm so sorry but has everyone except me lost their minds for the day?

They are babies.  They will not benefit from going to a cinema and having any quantity of light and noises pummelled towards them.

Also a screening where the baby is separated from their carer sounds fucking mad, but, y'know, I am on the old-fashioned side of life, I accept that.  And yes I do know that cinemas need to make money.

Shay Chaise

They should gradually pump carbon monoxide into the 'theatre'. Last man standing.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Replies From View on September 25, 2017, 09:46:47 PM
But....

They are babies.  They will not benefit from going to a cinema and having any quantity of light and noises pummelled towards them.

Also a screening where the baby is separated from their carer sounds fucking mad, but, y'know, I am on the old-fashioned side of life, I accept that.  And yes I do know that cinemas need to make money.

I don't think it's so the baby can enjoy the film, it's so the parent can watch a film (during the long period when having young children might make this impossible, and maybe they can't afford a babysitter).

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 25, 2017, 09:45:28 PM
Maybe you could record yourself saying 'shut the fuck up we're trying to watch this film' on your phone, then play that if there are any noisy buggers. They wouldn't be able to tell where it's coming from if you looked around acting like you were as surprised as they were, looking for who said it.

Send it to them via whatsapp or bluetooth or saink.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Replies From View on September 25, 2017, 09:46:47 PM
But....

He doesn't mean they separate the babies and carers, they're screenings that are separate from the regular afternoon/evening ones.

Although I was amused by your baffled anger.

Sebastian Cobb

I actually think RFV's implementation might be better.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 25, 2017, 11:40:23 PM
I actually think RFV's implementation might be better.

I'm willing to wager that he wilfully misunderstood for comic effect.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 25, 2017, 09:45:28 PM

Filmmakers should include regular moments in the film where the characters turn to the camera and tell people to shut the fuck up and turn their shitty phones off. Like every five to seven minutes or so. That'll do it.

MoonDust

I'm still in disbelief that people filming their reactions to films as it's happening to be live-streamed on social media is actually a thing. The vanity of young people today. Fucking hell.

Hammers.

I still get annoyed when I remember the couple next to me when I went to watch IT. The baffled, incredulous, yet aggressive "what?!" he said, when I told him to be quiet.

The entitlement. Grinds my gears so much.

hermitical

Quote from: Shay Chaise on September 25, 2017, 09:37:26 PM
I'm the kind of guy who'll get followed out and stabbed to death one day.

the wife made us wait a good few minutes after the credits last week because I'd mouthed off at some dumb drunk idiots who were spoiling things

imitationleather

I was at the Prince Charles cinema once watching Citizen Kane and some guy's phone goes off. Annoying, but it happens. However, the cunt only goes and fucking answers it and has a conversation while sat in his seat. Seriously, what the fuck? He wasn't a teenager either (even though Citizen Kane is hugely popular with that demographic), he was middle aged. I have never wanted to murder someone more.

If I was in a cinema and people started filming their reactions I would want to kill them more than that guy, though.

Dr Rock

Glebe

For once I was guilty of this, seeing IT with some old friends after a beer, but I tried not to be too loud the couple of times I chirped up (there was a girl sitting behind us who's banshee scream was scarier than anything onscreen).

Dr Rock

saltysnacks

Quote from: Glebe on September 30, 2017, 05:46:37 AM
For once I was guilty of this, seeing IT with some old friends after a beer, but I tried not to be too loud the couple of times I chirped up (there was a girl sitting behind us who's banshee scream was scarier than anything onscreen).

I myself have repeatedly done things that I'd want to murder other people for doing.

alan nagsworth

People talking during a shared experience of basically any artistic medium can fuck off. I'm a total smartphone addict, but aside from very occasionally geting a couple of photos at gigs (and even then it's only if the band is a real spectacle or something highly anticipated), I never get my phone out during any film, concert or TV show, especially not to reply to messages. It can fucking wait. Experience the thing like it's intended to be seen - without missing (potentially the best) bits because your girlfriend is telling you about a dog she saw earlier.

Talking in the cinema is the absolute biggest shitter of the lot, but it's all fairly relative. Like sparking up a chat when you're showing a friend a TV show you've recommended. Do you not understand I want you to watch this? The worst thing for me is when I've had friends get their phone out or start chatting about something unrelated when I'm playing them a piece of music I've made. How much of a fucking insult is that? It is literally baffling and unfathomable behaviour to me. I abhor it.

Repeater

Quote from: alan nagsworth on September 30, 2017, 07:16:03 PM

Talking in the cinema is the absolute biggest shitter of the lot

And theatre.

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on October 03, 2017, 03:57:56 AM
Woman Attacked At Movie Theater After Telling People To Be Quiet.

Fuck's sake.

I'm perplexed by the thing of it being a child who apparently attacked her and everything else about whether any other adults were around.  Does she live in a child-universe?  I'm not judging her but it would be good to know.