Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:57:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who - Series 10 (Part 3)

Started by Replies From View, August 07, 2017, 11:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

I bet PETA thinks the best bit of Doctor Who ever was when the sixth Doctor had to drink carrot juice.

Norton Canes

They should watch The Monster of Peladon - that has vegan egg sauce 

notjosh

Yeah, I reckon the Doctor would be a vegan. He didn't even want to kill robots when he went to that smiley robot planet, why would he think it was alright to kill a chicken?

Though it is tricky when you remember that the moon is an egg, as technically it means night time is not vegan.

EDIT: Just remembered jellybabies have gelatine in them, ignore.

Kelvin

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 08, 2017, 07:37:27 AM
I'd say it was more variable under RTD, there were lots of episodes that looked like cheap daytime soap operas, especially in the first two series, but then you have stuff like Empty Child, Girl in the Fireplace, Human Nature etc which still look great now. I still maintain that The Impossible Planet has the best production design of any Who episode to date too.

Yeah, good point. Those episodes were miles ahead of the others, visually, at the time. 

Deanjam

Quote from: Malcy on August 08, 2017, 01:33:28 PM
Check out this nonsense...

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-08-08/peta-urge-doctor-who-to-make-the-doctor-vegan

I like the first reply.

QuoteSean Smith · Newcastle upon Tyne
"Eating dead animals simply doesn't fit with the Doctor's moral compass since, as Christopher Eccleston so aptly said, the show has 'the central message of love for life in all its forms,"

And so why would he switch to a diet of dead plants? Some of his friends have been plants.

Replies From View

The Doctor doesn't tend to make eating anything a big part of his routine in any episode, does he?  In The Eleventh Hour he was testing out his new mouth and settled on fish fingers and custard, so we can safely assume that anything like being vegan would only apply to a single incarnation of the Doctor anyway.  "NEW MOUTH, NEW RULES."

Next up:  Dear Chris Chibnall, please consider making the fourteenth Doctor lactose intolerant.

Mister Six

It does feel a bit weird after Smith's doc went around chatting with cats and horses though. I assume cows and pigs and other tasty animals are just too thick to be worth worrying about.

Replies From View

Quote from: Mister Six on August 08, 2017, 04:35:35 PM
It does feel a bit weird after Smith's doc went around chatting with cats and horses though. I assume cows and pigs and other tasty animals are just too thick to be worth worrying about.

Anyone know which particular moment of meat-eating PETA are anxious about?  I can't remember the twelfth Doctor eating anything except a pot of yoghurt.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on August 08, 2017, 01:53:46 PM
Nice of them to just reprint the publicity-seeking press release in full with no editorial comment, as if PETA was an organisation that is entirely free of controversy.

And quoting Christopher Eccleston, forgetting that his Doctor ordered steak in a restaurant.

And their track record of mass slaughter of animals in their shelters is less than entirely compassionate.

Right? The only reason they write these stupid things is because they know fans of whatever topic they pick will report it and share it to go 'look how mad PETA are!'

olliebean

The new Doctor should have coeliac disease and a good part of each episode should be devoted to her having to explain to people that it isn't just a fad diet, she genuinely will get ill if she eats gluten.

kidsick5000

There were a number of times he told Bill to look at things from the perspective of a bacon sandwich.

Replies From View

Quote from: kidsick5000 on August 08, 2017, 07:15:42 PM
There were a number of times he told Bill to look at things from the perspective of a bacon sandwich.

What - with no eyes?

weekender

Quote from: olliebean on August 08, 2017, 05:52:56 PM
The new Doctor should have coeliac disease and a good part of each episode should be devoted to her having to explain to people that it isn't just a fad diet, she genuinely will get ill if she eats gluten.

You're thinking too small.

Chibnall has apparently tabled a 5 year plan for Doctor Who.  Can't remember where I got this fact from, probably some bollocks on here - BUT IT IS A FACT.

Anyway, you need an arc in each series for this sort of thing, before you make you aims clear in your final series as showrunner.

Series 11 - meat
Series 12 - fish
Series 13 - gluten
Series 14 - everyone's allergic to something
Series 15 - the Krynoid.  Culminating in the Krynoid eating PETA

I bet no-one's done a genuine 5 series arc like this before, and I don't understand why not.

weekender

Quote from: Replies From View on August 08, 2017, 07:23:54 PM
What - with no eyes?

Bacon sandwiches used to have eyes.

FLASHBACK TO ONE OF THE EPISODES OF SERIES 11

weekender

If an animal died of natural causes, is it unethical to eat it?

EPISODE 2 WRITTEN

weekender

If a cow is about to get hit by a train, should we ban trains?

EPISODE 3 FEATURES THE MASTER TRYING TO REVERSE TECHNOLOGY ON BEHALF OF PETA

weekender

I could carry on, but I don't want to ruin anyone else's fun for the remaining episodes, if you'd like to have a go yourself.

PETA get destroyed in the series 11 finale - or do they?

Four more series elapse.  We meet fish people, gluten people, I dunno, we're miniaturised and have to make peace with sea monkeys.

Who is now the head of PETA in the future?

Surely by now, we must have established that this one individual must be the most evil person in the universe? 

WHO IS IT?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: weekender on August 08, 2017, 08:53:20 PMWho is now the head of PETA in the future?

Someone with a goatee beard?

Shaky

Quote from: kidsick5000 on August 08, 2017, 07:15:42 PM

This made me laugh, and laugh big.

Black Ship

Quote from: Replies From View on August 08, 2017, 04:40:23 PM
Anyone know which particular moment of meat-eating PETA are anxious about?  I can't remember the twelfth Doctor eating anything except a pot of yoghurt.

Sushi in "Doctor Mysterio". Also contains burger.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Shaky on August 09, 2017, 03:08:54 AM
This made me laugh, and laugh big.

Why? Capaldi's Doc did explicitly state vegan sentiments twice in the most recent series.

Replies From View

The synopsis is up for Twice Upon a Time:

QuoteTwo Doctors stranded in a forbidding snowscape, refusing to face regeneration. And a British army captain seemingly destined to die in the First World War, but taken from the trenches to play his part in the Doctor's story. This is the magical last chapter in the Twelfth Doctor's epic adventure. He must face his past to decide his future. And the Doctor will realise the resilience of humanity, discovering hope in his darkest frozen moment. It's the end of an era. But the Doctor's journey is only just beginning.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Replies From View on September 17, 2017, 02:09:16 PM
The synopsis is up for Twice Upon a Time:

Two Doctors stranded in a forbidding snowscape, refusing to face regeneration. And a British army captain seemingly destined to die in the First World War, but taken from the trenches to play his part in the Doctor's story. This is the magical last chapter in the Twelfth Doctor's epic adventure. He must face his past to decide his future. And the Doctor will realise the resilience of humanity, discovering hope in his darkest frozen moment. It's the end of an era. But the Doctor's journey is only just beginning.

FTFY

Thomas

Bit of news relating to David Bradley as the First Doctor, too -

David Bradley will continue as the First Doctor in audio adventures

QuoteJoining David Bradley are his co-stars from An Adventure in Space and Time, reprising their roles as the iconic first TARDIS team.

A touch meta. I wonder, is this supposed to be canon within the main body of Doctor Who, or are these new audio stories set within the fictional Doctor Who of An Adventure in Space and Time?

Mister Six

Spoiler for the Xmas special in that description.

Catalogue Trousers

Not really. We already knew about the two Doctors, the WWI British Army officer has been out of the bag for a good while now, and the rest is vague enough that it doesn't spoil anything.

Ambient Sheep

I didn't know about the WW1 army officer.  Not that I hugely care myself, but...

Mister Six

I'm talking about the audio adventure info.

EDIT: No I misread. It's Adventures in Space and Time not Twice Upon A Time.

Malcy

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 17, 2017, 09:01:45 PM
I didn't know about the WW1 army officer.  Not that I hugely care myself, but...

He's in the trailer.