Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:45:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Flash Text Animation

Started by Colin Sanction, August 07, 2017, 06:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm looking at creating a simple text animation where text will fade in, play a .wav sound and then fade out. Simple. If you asked me 10 years ago, I would have created it in SwishMax, a cut price alternative to FlashMX. However, it seems SwishMax is no longer produced.

Can anyone recommend some simple text animation software as opposed to an 4gig torrent and need to spend the next few weeks learning scripting languages.

Twed

Can I just ask, are you intending to put this on a website? If so don't use Flash. Most people won't be able to see it. Use HTML5.

No, not on a website. Export it to an .AVI/.mkv

the

In Photoshop CS6 you have a timeline - you can use that to make a text layer fade in (opacity keyframes), add the sound and render it out as a video file, all from there.

You can still get a 30 day trial from the Adobe site. (And, ahem, there may be a very easy way of making the trial work forever, but I wouldn't know about that sir.)

spamwangler

what operating system do you have? most video editing software would be able to do this, im pretty sure theres a couple of free ones on all formats. - Kdenlive would have these features;

https://kdenlive.org/download/

if you cant get on with it, send me a PM, i could do it in adobe premiere if you send me the files