Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:43:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

!!! - Wimblewrong 2017 Semi-Final Draw - !!!

Started by selectivememory, August 08, 2017, 11:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

I'll post the draw for the semifinals in this thread at around 7pm BST tonight. In the meantime, we have three of the four quarter-final results in:

hedgehog90 def Spoon of Ploff (12-4)
Cerys def Absorb the anus burn (6-4)
kittens def zomgmouse (8-3)

selectivememory

First up, our final result is in:

Poisson Du Jour def Dr Trouser (11-4)

Thanks to our eliminated quarter-finalists, who all had fine tournaments.

Now for the draw:

Tie 1: Cerys - kittens
Tie 2: hedgehog90 - Poisson Du Jour

Serves due by 7pm BST on Friday 11/08 please. And good luck everybody!

kittens

cross-posted from match thread
lads, i think I'm going to have to drop out. i've recently started a new job and am lodging at a friend's place for the foreseeable future, with no access to my pc. i'd be very happy for zomgmouse to take my place, or whoever the boss deems most deserving of doing so.

sorry for being a let down lawrence. this whole job thing happened v quick and i forgot to take niche comedy messageboard digital image manipulation contests into consideration

selectivememory

Ok, no problem. I personally think that the fairest thing to do would be to give the spot to the highest-scoring loser at this point, since the next round has begun.

Edit: actually, it might be fairer for people to vote on it.

Um...

selectivememory

Yeah, I know what we'll do:

Everyone please vote in this thread on which of the losers of the last round you think should replace kittens in the semifinals. zomgmouse is only one vote behind the others, so I'll include him as well. Seems like the fairest way to resolve it.

You can see their shots in these threads here:

Spoon of Ploff
Absorb the anus burn
zomgmouse
Dr Trouser

Please vote for ONE player. At 10am BST tomorrow, I'll tally the scores and the highest scorer will have first refusal on kittens' spot.

Spoon of Ploff

selectivememory

Cerys

While I'm not going to vote, it makes sense to me that either the highest scoring loser go through, or else kittens' opponent in the quarter finals.  Which would be zomgmouse.  Yikes.

selectivememory

Yeah, if there had been an outright HSL, they would have been offered the spot, but given we've got three players tied and one just one vote behind, I thought the simplest and fairest way to resolve it was with a vote-off.

I was going to go by which match attracted most votes as a way of determining which HSL got the spot, but it just seemed a little too arbitrary - and it might have seemed to some like I was rewarding someone for their opponent getting more votes.

Dr Trouser

oh it has to be Spoon of Ploff as I think we could induce a mental breakdown and think of the creativity that would flood out!

Ian Drunken Smurf

Johnny Yesno

selectivememory

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 10, 2017, 09:28:07 PM
Frazer

Thanks for voting, but Frazer was actually eliminated in the previous round. The choice is between Spoon of Ploff, Absorb the anus burn, Dr Trouser and zomgmouse.

Small Man Big Horse

Spoon of Ploff, as the bastard refuses to go on a date with me and this is my revenge.

newbridge

zomgmouse

Kelvin

selectivememory

Spoon of Ploff has won the vote, so he can replace kittens if he likes. Just let us know to confirm as soon as you can, and then Cerys can repost her serve in a new thread. Thanks.

Spoon of Ploff

Cerys

kittens

Cerys

zomgmouse