Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:31:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

UFC Games

Started by Barry Admin, August 10, 2017, 05:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Anyone else enjoy these? Fondly remember Undisputed 3, before THQ went bust and EA snapped up the title. I - like many other people - would love to see a new Fight Night game, or even an updated/backwards compatible version of Fight Night Champion. Doesn't seem like that's on the cards though, sadly.

So I got back into EA UFC 2, having not played it much because of the fairly monotonous career mode. I've started fucking about with the online modes though. Ultimate Team is fun, but frustrating - basically a load of pay to win supply drop bollocks at work here. Can make for interesting fights though... you can suss when someone has a five star move as they'll usually just spam it over and over again, which should then open them up to a punish.

I'm just grinding out coins with my boxer for the meantime, just unlocked a Bruce Lee backfist, nice! Want to get more of a grappler trained up though, as I find the ground game really interesting, and a lot of people clearly have no idea how it works.

Tough game to jump into at this point in it's life cycle, but yeah, fun and can be very rewarding. The stand-up game is well worth it if you want a new boxing game.

Viero_Berlotti

I played the arse off Undisputed 3, the best combat-sport game I've ever played. The Pride mode was ace, and it had a lot of the older Pride fighters who seemed more interesting characters with more diverse fighting styles than today's homogenised UFC dullards with shite tattoos.

I got EA UFC 2 when it first came out. The career mode was good for a while but then got boring, but it also worked quite well as a fun arcade style brawler if you wanted a quick pick up and blast for 10 minutes. I didn't really bother with any of the online or micro transaction crap. I sold it in the end, but I'm missing playing it a bit now. I think it is on sale in the Playstation Store right now so might pick it up again.

Barry Admin

Yeah I'm thinking of digging out Undisputed 3 to have another bash at the Pride mode. Prettt sure I've got EA UFC 1 somewhere as well.

If you do get another copy of #2, do check out the Ultimate Team to pick up your daily coin rewards! I had 100,000 sitting waiting for me as I hadn't played since January, so I was able to buy loads of the high-cost packs, and that gave me a bit of a boost.

BeardFaceMan

Just noticed UFC2 is on sale for 10 quid for the deluxe version with Mike Tyson, Bruce Lee etc. Worth a punt at this stage in the game?