Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:31:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Firefox add-on cull

Started by olliebean, August 12, 2017, 11:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: olliebean on November 17, 2017, 08:12:39 PMWhen it came down to it, the official release (unlike the nightly I previously tried) is just so much faster than before that it makes up for the annoyances.

Similarly with the portable beta version. I was a tangibly nonplussed by it and expecting the regular upgrade from 56 to 57 to be less than painless but it's snappy as fuck :)

I liked how there was still a list of incompatible add-ons after the upgrade too. It made it a little less ruthless, if you see what I mean?

Ultimately it's a case of learning a new interface and it's hardly different from the previous one. As ever I'm loving the wailing and gnashing of teeth because I doubt that next years graphs will prove any great en-masse exodus.

Firefox is okay maan. For now.

the

I need to update FF on a few machines - just wondering if the hoo-ha about this has died down?

Have many of the add-ons of yore been redeveloped for newer versions of FF?

Is the user functionality of FF more restrictive now in any way?

Dusty Gozongas

Depends on what add-ons you're wishing to update or replace. There's a chance that one or two of your favourite ones were doomed but highly likely that the majority either continue to live (with limitations in some instances) or alternatives are out there.

If the "few machines" in question are all yours, you'll be happy to enjoy the moans and groans in the privacy of your own mind for a few days before you forget what the fuss was all about...

Also. Release channel is at v60.0.x now. Won't somebody think of the children?