Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:48:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Day in the life of ;

Started by wasp_f15ting, December 17, 2004, 09:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasp_f15ting

QuoteIs anyone going to kick off that "Day in the life..." thread then? I'd be up for it.

Aite so here we go, 6-10 shots of one day of your life. The day of choice will have to be within this weekend. Since I am sure most of you don't want to take pictures of where you work. You can take pictures of what makes your charachter, make these pictures mean something. Make sure they are composed well, and try and take as many as possible to narrow them down to 6-10 shots.

Snap shots won't really cut it here ;) so please try your best to make the best of this. I did really bad on the one I posed in the sa forums, in that only 3 shots were half decent, I have a better idea this time. The deadline is 12am sunday night. So get your shots in before then. I know the weather is drab, but I am sure we can make something of it!

Well thats the thread, I am not sure how many of you are gonna do it. I sure hope many of the regular photography whores het their shots in.

I'll most probably post mine on sunday night.

Enjoy!

terminallyrelaxed

Oh. Since we're not allowed to do weekdays I'll not bother then.

Timmay

Oh goody, this sounds interesting. I'm out tonight seeing a load of old school mates, and possibly out tomorrow too, but I won't be taking my D-SLR, for obvious reasons. "Hey Tim, long time no s... errr... why have you got a rucksack and a tripod with you?"

You'll have to make do with dark grainy camera phone shots.

EDIT: Actually, on second thoughts, this could reveal how sad my life actually is.

Messaged edited 1 time in total. Timmay will think twice before saying that again!

Darrell

Quote from: "wasp_f15ting"You can take pictures of what makes your charachter, make these pictures mean something. Make sure they are composed well, and try and take as many as possinle to narrow them down to 6-10 shots.

Snap shots won't really cut it here ;) so please try your best to make the best of this.

I agree, as long as we all do it for the fun of it, w--- oh, right, I see.

Is there a minimum price you have to have paid for your digital camera then to enter? Are you only accepting entries from people with degrees? How about people who would fancy entering with their crappy little webcam just for a laugh, but are totally put off by the ridiculous strictness of these fucking 'rules'?

Sod it.

fanny splendid

Why don't you just post whatever you want to?
That's the beauty of the internet. Love may see no colour, but the internet sees no ineptitude!

wasp_f15ting

arghh.. I thought weekends suited most people than weekdays? I work shifts so any weekdays would work for me better.  I thought i'd set the date for the weekend, so many could part-take.

QuoteHow about people who would fancy entering with their crappy little webcam just for a laugh, but are totally put off by the ridiculous strictness of these fucking 'rules'?

Sod it

You don't need a fancy camera to get good pictures... I think someone proved that with their pin hole camera jobbie a long time ago (on here). These rules aint nothing compared to rules on other forums which have done similar things. Its up to you whether you want to do it, no one is forcing you are they now?

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Why don't you just post whatever you want to?
That's the beauty of the internet. Love may see no colour, but the internet sees no ineptitude!

would that not just go in the photography thread then? If you are just going to take a picture of what you want, not narrating what your "day" is all about then what is the point in doing the whole thing? I thought a few restriction would force some creativity out of people, yielding some gorgeous stuff...

Clearly I was very wrong.

fanny splendid

I wasn't commenting on your perfectly reasonable guidelines, Waspy. Let the poor wee thing join in, pat him on the head, and scroll down.

terminallyrelaxed

Wrong indeed. Clearly you have failed to take into account the vagairies of my lifestyle which marks you down as the worst sort of cad.

Seriously though, I sleep on weekends. I suppose I could have done a series of shots 'a day in the life of CJ on my TV screen' , but I really don't go anywhere on weekends, so you'll need to extend the deadline or I'm not playing, so nyerr.

wasp_f15ting

Ahh right, but we do need a deadline though right?, Monday midnight sound all right? That will give a chance for those wanting to show urban-eaque shots to shine.

I don't think many people followed the guidelines at any of these things on other forums anyway, I wa expecting some wild ones. Thats fine, as long you keep or adhere to some of the ideas of the thread. i.e. making sure the picture you post isn't from another year or month, here is my day, but composed of different shots from different times etc. etc.

hands cold, liver warm

Quote from: "wasp_f15ting"You can take pictures of what makes your charachter, make these pictures mean something. Make sure they are composed well.........

Snap shots won't really cut it here ;) !

a mundane and dull day demands mundane and dull photos. "Composed well", I don't even know what that means!!!!

open curtains.

listen to ross on radio2

we go for walk

like Frodo in the lord of the rings, dangerously eroded paths will not get in our way

we continue to laugh in the face of danger

planes fly overhead, probably spying on our movements. Damn that Blunkett!!!

prepare for bed

wasp_f15ting

Okay so here goes...

I work nights, so I will show you 24ish hours of my life:-

Walking to work, in the freezing fucking cold, I saw this lamp shining through a bunch of twigs, it had a wierd concentric circle thing about it, It made it look like a cave. If i had a tripod this shot would have looked 1000 x better, but I had to steady my arm, and use an ISO 1600 setting, and then do a massive celar up operation to get rid of the noise.

The walk

This is work, t'was a quiet night, so I laid back, and read some books, and took some photos, obviously :)

Work

This was the, cold nasty fucking morn, I came back home, on my was I saw some dew falling off a few twigs, it was nice too see.

The walk home

On the way down from my walk, I saw a regemented line of trees, I took a photo, but it isn't looking so good, the flash couldn't shoot enough of a distance to give detail, and the depth of field was restricted by the light available that morning, again, a high ISO was used, but there was much noise :(

Trees

As soon as I came home I slept, and woke up in the evening, so here is me surfing the web.

Surf

Oooh I can see you all want to know what that orange light is peeking through my curtains, so I took a cue from all your oncoming curiosity and took a shot of the source of the orange hue..

Orange Hue

slim

I intend to do this, but I'm afraid I can't make it in time for the deadline. I shall be dead raunchy and post them once I've taken them.

terminallyrelaxed

Quote from: "slim"I intend to do this, but I'm afraid I can't make it in time for the deadline. I shall be dead raunchy and post them once I've taken them.

Wot he said, innit.

`mb

Hello, seeing as I often lurk these boards & I recently tested out a cheapo second-hand digicam, here's some pics which record a walk in London on Dec 13:

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: "`mb"Hello, seeing as I often lurk these boards & I recently tested out a cheapo second-hand digicam, here's some pics which record a walk in London on Dec 13:

Those pictures are gorgeous :) I love the santa wood thingy, well I love all of them! Great stuff

Mister Six

Quote from: "`mb"Hello, seeing as I often lurk these boards & I recently tested out a cheapo second-hand digicam, here's some pics which record a walk in London on Dec 13:

Ah, see, I often complain that my pictures look crap because my camera's not up to snuff. If you can make a cheap second-hand digicam look like that then it's obvious that I'm just completely untalented.

What sort of camera is it?

`mb

This is it, Pentax Optio 33LF (used to be a hundred quid on amazon):

It's got a handy flip screen that works in almost any position, & I was thinking of using this to help take some pictures on the sly (no not those sort of pictures, y'know- like people in the street & stuff), maybe with the lens poking out of a bag.

By the way, there's a fair bit of photoshop editing of levels on a few images, & they didn't look much good in their raw state.

& here's more santa just for you Mr. Wasp:

peet

Bloody hell, even before I'd noticed you said it was London or checked the filename, I recognised where you had taked those pictures... the bits of canal are very familiar. Weirdly I even think I know where that rusty graffiti covered walkway is, it's on this bridge isn't it???
I often go for walks down by the sewage works too - mmm, bracing.
Visual memory is an odd thing.

`mb

hehe close, it's near the same canal (lea navigation) & a few miles south: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=535858&Y=187294&A=Y&Z=1
it's an odd bit of london round there- too marshy to build on, so you've got horses & highland cattle grazing just between hackney & walthamstow.

peet

Visual memory - not to be trusted.

slim

Here it is, the 30th December 2004; a day in my life. Best of a bad bunch I'm afraid:

My morning bath.

A view from the car. I like moody skies.

The Dartford Crossing bridge. Wonky as we wanna be.

The stepped upon dog shit was a common feature of the High Rollers' lifestyle.

Brighton's lovely bridge.

I snuck down the side of someone's house to get this shot. Ummm.

I want some of these. From Middle Farm, in Lewes (I think).

Frinky