Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:30:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Yet more Weezer

Started by Custard, August 17, 2017, 06:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

http://pitchfork.com/news/weezer-announce-new-album-pacific-daydream-share-new-song-mexican-fender-listen/

And with it comes a new candidate for the Worst Album Covers thread!

Didn't really bother with The White Album, but the one before that, Everything Will Be Alright In The End was quite good and somewhat of "a return to form"

Rivers really does churn them out, doesn't he? Wasn't expecting another so soon

rue the polywhirl

The girl in the music video is incredible. I think on balance the swimsuit lifts the score of the song up to a 10.

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: Shameless Custard on August 17, 2017, 06:03:44 PM

Good God, it is, an all. Hell's blazes.

PaulTMA

http://pitchfork.com/news/weezer-announce-new-album-pacific-daydream-share-new-song-mexican-fender-listen/

Didn't really bother with The White Album, but the one before that, Everything Will Be Alright In The End was quite good and somewhat of "a return to form"

Rivers really does churn them out, doesn't he? Wasn't expecting another so soon

You probably should bother with The White Album, I think it's a touch superior to the previous one.  Excitement levels for this new one remain low on the basis of the singles so far.  Looks like it's going to be one of those albums.

Having heard the two songs so far released, I'd recommend bothering with The White Album instead. It was alright like the one before, pretty enjoyable in spite of everything. This one sounds worse but maybe that's a singles thing as they felt out of place on the album last time round. I think he writes a lot of pop songs for the stars these days. Weezer, eh. We'll look back on this time and laugh.

Dr Syntax Head

I dunno man. I can't work out whether I like Weezer or not. Yeah first two albums are decent and I liked songs like we are all on drugs but this single is so weak. It just sounds like a American high school garage band.

newbridge

Sounds like an unreleased b-side from a 2003 era emo band.

purlieu

They're racking them up, aren't they?

hewantstolurkatad

I liked the last two albums a lot but the first single of this one switched me off entirely. Absolutely stunk of Rivers getting a renewed sense of confidence after the last two albums being well received and deciding to make a play for the mainstream charts again.

Dr Syntax Head

That Raditude album cover is fantastic

PaulTMA

I have to bat for the Raditude cover also.  May be the best thing about the album (other than winding people up by pretending to prefer it to Pinkerton)

PaulTMA

New song 'Weekend Woman' is out and mercifully, it's flippin' brilliant!  A much superior reworking of the Green Album outtake 'Burning Sun'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGuUAtJ8yMM