Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:16:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Haha Tape IV. Buy in?

Started by Johnny Textface, August 18, 2017, 07:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm probably done. I'm not that hot at the entire recording/mixing thing, but it sounds alright to my ears. Anything after this will just be mindless tampering for the sake of it.

the

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on February 12, 2018, 11:48:05 PMAh ok will do. I need to get my hard drive back so as soon as I do I'll send it

Get confiscated did it? ;)

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on February 13, 2018, 11:37:43 AMmindless tampering for the sake of it

Careful, that's a modus operandi for some of us.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on February 13, 2018, 11:37:43 AM
Anything after this will just be mindless tampering for the sake of it.

This sounds like almost every project I haven't finished yet. You sometimes have to just go "Yep, that sounds good it's done"

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on February 13, 2018, 01:22:57 PM
This sounds like almost every project I haven't finished yet. You sometimes have to just go "Yep, that sounds good it's done"

I didn't say it sounded good!

Johnny Textface

Inspiration has been lacking in recent times. However, now I'm firmly established in my mancave (loft) and set up for action I'm getting things moving.  Just listening to rudi's tune from the first one - should have been a hit that. Great chord switcheroo.

the

I've just finished mine and sent it to NoSleep. "Woo", as they say, "hoo".

What's that now, 3 tracks finished?

NoSleep

Yours and jonnycuba's have been submitted but jonny's has to be mixed by me as yet.

the

Additionally Dr Syntax Head said they've finished theirs, although it sounds like they haven't yet been able to get the file over to you.

(Not sure whether drummersaredeaf was hinting that they've completed theirs as well.)

Yeah, I'm ready to go with mine. Could possibly benefit from someone who knows what they're doing mixing it, but maybe it's alright as is with that rustic charm.

Dr Syntax Head

Just got my HDD back (the ex didn't wipe a lifetime's music collecting from it YAY!) I just need to know how you want the file (I'm not too tech savvy).

NoSleep

I need a 24-bit file (WAV or AIFF, etc), preferably 44.1kHz but any sample rate will do as long as you tell me. Best not to try and finalise the track through limiters or eq on the final buss as I will be levelling and equalising all the tracks when I master the album.

NoSleep

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 01, 2018, 12:00:58 PM
Just got my HDD back (the ex didn't wipe a lifetime's music collecting from it YAY!)

Back that shit up.

Dr Syntax Head

the

Just wondering if anyone's progressed with theirs recently?

If nothing else, the present diplomatic situation could be an unexpected source of inspiration :)

Dusty Gozongas

I'm at the mixing stage although I've got my old mate to do it 'cos that's where I always let myself down worse than the other areas I let myself down.

I do feel that I'm cheating a bit here but after my previous HaHa offering I don't want to give NoSleep any extra work on top of the mastering stage this time round.

NoSleep

Just checked the date of my song file; surprisingly I haven't looked at mine since 1st February! I've been busy on other projects but the hiatus will be beneficial (fresh ears and everything). I need to record some extra stuff the next time I look at it and then start editing it down into its final shape.

the

Is it time yet for another "where's everyone at?" update?

Was just listening to my choon and pondering about when someone other than me will get to hear it. :)

NoSleep

Nice design there, the!

We all only get to hear it when all the tracks are complete (or retired from the project). I'll probably be tweaking mine in the next fortnight toward finishing it. It was good that I dropped it for several weeks to get fresh ears on it.

the

Domain issues with postimg.org have led to the encouraging teaser graphic disappearing.

RECTIFY

Rich Uncle Skeleton

I lost everything and have started again on my new laptop. Been flat out at work for 3 months and finally have reasonable hours and days off so I may actually get something done now.

NoSleep

Do you need me to send the bassline again?

Dr Syntax Head

I once again forgot about this. Will send it over tomorrow for sure.

jonnycuba

Tshirt of the HA HA Tape design please!

the

Quote from: jonnycuba on May 03, 2018, 05:07:46 PMTshirt of the HA HA Tape design please!

I promise I will make such a thing available. If everyone finishes their tracks.

the

Does this album still exist in the form of kinetic energy?

"Is this still English?"

NoSleep

I'm still working on mine but it's now at a stage where I could probably say "enough!" at any time. But will I? As it's one of my first experiments in using a microtonal scale I created myself I can't stop dabbling as I discover stuff I can do with it; I'm mining.

the

Quote from: NoSleep on May 25, 2018, 10:08:34 AMI'm mining.

Is that a Musician's Union ruling?

EDIT: oh right, mining

NoSleep

Yeah, never mind the MU, I'm a Scargill man.