Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:01:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Haha Tape IV. Buy in?

Started by Johnny Textface, August 18, 2017, 07:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtParrott

I'm really struggling with mine but I am working on it a lot. Keep feeling that it's just round the corner and then I change some things, scrap it and start again.

the

Yeah, I had to have a massive rethink after doing loads of work on mine too. Got there in the end though.

The amount of time I spent recording takes and takes of scratching, editing them together, correcting cruddy bits of timing (due to shit technique) and slicing it all ready for use. And I used virtually none of it because the instrument parts I scratched up had all changed by then. Makes my eyes water. Maybe I'll get some reuse out of that effort sometime.

All this talk of miming and the MU has made me fantasise about eventually recording our own episode of Haha Tape TOTP, with us performing our final tracks, dry ice, the lot. On so many levels this cannot and will not happen

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: ArtParrott on May 25, 2018, 02:15:29 PM
I'm really struggling with mine but I am working on it a lot. Keep feeling that it's just round the corner and then I change some things, scrap it and start again.

It's the eternal struggle :D

You could decide to fuck it and start from scratch if it doesn't seem worth it. Keep the original though...

the

Hello. Some time ago, you may have agreed to participate in this marvellous group music project.

Many aeons have passed since that drunken September day, so it would now benefit the project if we could have a status update for your contribution.

So if you have a question mark somewhere next to your name below, it would be very helpful if you could say:
- Whether you still intend to contribute a track,
- A very rough idea of how complete it is, if so.

01)Dr Syntax Head  -  Finished, but yet to send the master file?
      02)jonnycuba  -  Done
      03)gabrielconroy  -  ?
      04)Beagle 2  -  ?
      05)drummersaredeaf  -  ?
      06)NoSleep  -  ?
      07)Phil_A  -  ?
      08)Dusty Gozongas  -  ?
      09)falafel  -  ?
      10)Rich Uncle Skeleton  -  I understand you had to start again?
      11)the  -  Done
      12)Johnny Textface  -  ?
      13)ArtParrott  -  ?
      14)Petey Pate  -  ?
      15)Avril Lavigne  -  Have you definitively dropped out?
      16)thraxx  -  ?

Feel free to PM if you don't want to wave it about in here.

FYI NoSleep has been a bit busy to check in on this, so he's asked me to ask you (in case you thought I'm being a Boots McPresumptuous).

Cheers

Johnny Textface

I still intend to contribute but been busy myself. I'll be back.

Phil_A

All done with mine, just sent the link to NoSleep.

NoSleep

Quote from: Phil_A on June 28, 2018, 10:41:21 PM
All done with mine, just sent the link to NoSleep.

Received with thanks, Phil.

My track is still undergoing tweaks, removals and additions, but is at a stage where I could simply say, "fuck it, it's done." But I'm holding on for now and quite busy with more pressing work right now. I hope to get a couple of days on it in the next couple of weeks if I'm lucky, but I'm not even at home at the moment.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: the on June 28, 2018, 09:26:08 PM
      15)Avril Lavigne  -  Have you definitively dropped out?

Unfortunately yes, I mainly dropped out because I was going through some stuff and wasn't in any fit state to be productive at the time, but I also found it hard to connect with the material and none of the ideas I had already come up with really clicked for me enough to spend more time developing.

I'm done. I'm pretty amateur at this stuff so I'm sure someone could have a bash at mixing it better, but I have no plans to be adding more myself.

the

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on June 29, 2018, 08:10:47 PMI'm done. I'm pretty amateur at this stuff so I'm sure someone could have a bash at mixing it better, but I have no plans to be adding more myself.

Not a problem I'm sure, glad to hear you've finished. Are you able to send the outputted track to NoSleep?

NoSleep

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on June 29, 2018, 08:10:47 PM
I'm done. I'm pretty amateur at this stuff so I'm sure someone could have a bash at mixing it better, but I have no plans to be adding more myself.

I'll let you know if I think it needs any further mixing. I can probably do it myself, so I'll let you know what to send me if that turns out to be the case. In the meantime just send me your own final mixdown, preferably 44.1kHz/24-bit, and we'll proceed from there.

thraxx

I am still in, but work, kids, life, ripping it up and starting again, and being shit have all conspired. Relieved to see that i am not the only useless cunt holding things up.

Dusty Gozongas

Mine's done although still waiting for my man with EQs for ears to compensate for my lack of EQs for ears.  Gave him a gentle nudge today. We're still friends :D

Beagle 2

I basically did mine about a year ago but it needs some finishing off and is sat on a computer that isn't even connected any more. Will see if I can salvage it tomorrow.

the

List updated:

01)Dr Syntax Head  -  Done, but yet to send the master file?
      02)jonnycuba  -  Done
      03)gabrielconroy  -  ?
      04)Beagle 2  -  Done, but still need to retrieve from other PC?
      05)drummersaredeaf  -  Done, but unsubmitted?
      06)NoSleep  -  Still fiddling about with track(?)
      07)Phil_A  -  Done
      08)Dusty Gozongas  -  Done, but mix yet to be finished?
      09)falafel  -  ?
      11)the  -  Done
      12)Johnny Textface  -  Still intending to contribute(?)
      13)ArtParrott  -  ?
      14)Petey Pate  -  ?
      15)Avril Lavigne  -  Dropped out - Anyone want to take the place?
      16)thraxx  -  Still intending to contribute(?)

If you have a ? next to your name - it would be very helpful if you could say:
- Whether you still intend to contribute a track,
- A very rough idea of how complete it is, if so.

If you have some red text next to your name - could you give an update on whether the situation's moved on?

"Come on - help us get that tape out!"

ArtParrott

Apologies, yes I'm still intending to contribute. It's still pretty rough but my deadline is to have something to send to NoSleep by the end of this month (or the first week in August).

Petey Pate

I'm still contributing. I've been absent from music making for a couple months due to other commitments and my computer failing but I have returned to the fold and have been working on my track for this again this week.

NoSleep

I think I'm almost done with adding stuff to the track, so I just need some clear time to concentrate on editing and mixing (but I'm busy on much else at this moment).

gabrielconroy

I am also still intending to contribute. What I had thought to use as the track is pretty much complete, just needs tidying up and some parts added, although I'm tempted to use something else instead. How much time do we have?

NoSleep

How long is a piece of string?

I don't think anyone knows at this point. Just get on with it (whatever you decide).

Did a bit of work on mine today.

thraxx

Yes still in. I too had to start again,

Just submitted mine to NoSleep.

the

Excellent, another one ticked off.

So that leaves falafel as the only participant not to check-in so far...

Quote from: gabrielconroy on July 17, 2018, 06:09:12 PMHow much time do we have?

What NoSleep said, but for reference we commenced the challenge mid-September last year. If we did manage to finish within a year, I think I'm right in saying that would be a new Ha Ha Tape record wouldn't it NoSleep?*

*Obviously it would be a new record anyway, I meant a new record for a new record

Also, I like how the little taster graphics insinuate that I've been dutifully working on the artwork when actually I haven't.

NoSleep

Have you pm'd falafel? I see they've not been absent from the forum, so if pms aren't working (I think it's an option to not receive pms, isn't it?), just intervene on a thread they've contributed to and link back to here. I'm pretty sure falafel is going to deliver, whatever (a regular contributor).

the

Been away for a few days:

Quote from: NoSleep on July 19, 2018, 09:30:57 AMHave you pm'd falafel? I see they've not been absent from the forum, so if pms aren't working (I think it's an option to not receive pms, isn't it?), just intervene on a thread they've contributed to and link back to here. I'm pretty sure falafel is going to deliver, whatever (a regular contributor).

Yeh, I was going to progress to all that, was just giving falafel a chance to pop up in here first.

falafel

Fuck, sorry. I had forgotten all about this. I have a demo I was quite happy with in principle but i had pulled it all together just using a pair of consumer earbuds as monitors and it sounds like arse on anything else. I am on holiday for the next week but when I'm back i will have some time to myself and i promise to get it done by the end of August.

edit: I did get the PM, just didn't notice I had one because I don't normally get any.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: the on July 16, 2018, 10:18:45 PM
List updated:

"Come on - help us get that tape out!"

That last line got a surprisingly big laugh from me.

I quit my job a week ago as it was (hyperbole alert) ruining my life and I had zero free time. Been recording some stuff for a friend this weekend, got the tracks used in that film in the end and now  just taking it easy/not job hunting for a few weeks so I'll get this done.

the

"This has now gone on far too seriously long enough by half, OK?"

We're past the one year mark. One year to write one track.

01)Dr Syntax Head  -  Done, but yet to send the master file?
      02)jonnycuba  -  Done
      03)gabrielconroy  -  "needs tidying up and some parts added"
      04)Beagle 2  -  Done, but still need to retrieve from other PC?
      05)drummersaredeaf  -  Done, but unsubmitted?
      06)NoSleep  -  Editing and mixing
      07)Phil_A  -  Done
      08)Dusty Gozongas  -  Done, but mix yet to be finished?
      09)falafel  -  "i promise to get it done by the end of August"
      10)Rich Uncle Skeleton  -  "just taking it easy (...) for a few weeks so I'll get this done"
      11)the  -  Done
      12)Johnny Textface  -  "I still intend to contribute"
      13)ArtParrott  -  Said they would submit a track by the start of August
      14)Petey Pate  -  "I'm still contributing"
      15)Avril Lavigne  -  Dropped out - Anyone want to take the place?
      16)thraxx  -  Had to start again, but still in

If you have red next to your name - can you:
- Give us an update on how complete it is, and ideally,
- Finish your track and submit it.

Thanks attack

NoSleep

I've been busy so I'm pretty much in the same situation at this point.

Dusty has contacted me and has forwarded his track to his friend to finalise (but I've not heard back from the friend as yet).

Dr Syntax Head's track now only exists in 128kbps format for some reason, so I've asked him to start again or reproduce his original (which should be OK as he had it finished really quickly the first time and was one of the first to forward their track to the next person on the list).

Petey Pate

I was just thinking about this yesterday.  I'll make an effort to get it done soon.