Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Haha Tape IV. Buy in?

Started by Johnny Textface, August 18, 2017, 07:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McFlymo

Awesome!! I'm in. So is the idea that the following tracks carry on from the previous? If so, then maybe it would be good for me to hear jonnycuba's response - But only if what happens in the previous track 1 will effect the context / perspective of jonnycuba's track... I just don't want to fuck anything up for the other contributions etc. Let me know what you think.

Otherwise, cheers for giving me a slot! I am free on Monday and Tuesday, so I'll get on this early next week.

EDIT: Coming here stealing other peoples' slots and starting new pages like a total cult.

Ferris

What is this cool project? It sounds ace.

NoSleep

Quote from: McFlymo on January 25, 2019, 03:03:00 AM
Awesome!! I'm in. So is the idea that the following tracks carry on from the previous? If so, then maybe it would be good for me to hear jonnycuba's response - But only if what happens in the previous track 1 will effect the context / perspective of jonnycuba's track... I just don't want to fuck anything up for the other contributions etc. Let me know what you think.

Otherwise, cheers for giving me a slot! I am free on Monday and Tuesday, so I'll get on this early next week.

EDIT: Coming here stealing other peoples' slots and starting new pages like a total cult.

You just need to listen to jonnycuba's track as reference; I doubt that the tracks will be crossfaded/segued into one another, so don't let it affect your choice of key or tempo too much; just something to bear in (the back of your) mind.

The Aelita film and what other people have done on the album are secondary to just coming up with an original piece of music for the compilation. I have a copy of jonny's track here so I'll send a link to you later. That also goes for hummingofevil (I have a copy of Petey Pate's track here).

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 25, 2019, 03:20:20 AM
What is this cool project? It sounds ace.

Number 4 in an occasional series of compilation albums created by members of this forum. It will go up on bandcamp with no fixed price, so people can download for free or make a voluntary contribution). All monies will go to this website or help pay to keep the CaB Radio server up and running.
Here's the bandcamp page for the previous projects: https://cookdandbombdcollective.bandcamp.com/

Johnny Textface

Quick stand up. What did you do yesterday? What are you doing now and tomorrow? Any blockers?

NoSleep

I'm trying to get an album I'm mixing and mastering finally out of the way of everything else in my life. It was meant to be completed by December and its still taking up all of my time. I have never seen so many individual tracks (literally hundreds) per song in any production I have been involved with before. Wrapping penultimate track tonight.

Johnny Textface

Quote from: NoSleep on February 07, 2019, 08:15:29 PM
I'm trying to get an album I'm mixing and mastering finally out of the way of everything else in my life. It was meant to be completed by December and its still taking up all of my time. I have never seen so many individual tracks (literally hundreds) per song in any production I have been involved with before. Wrapping penultimate track tonight.

Wow good luck! Hope they're still paying you :)  I'm currently writing / mixing and mastering (a joke - be nip some low off the sides and compress a little probably) an album of my own stuff and a couple of covers.
But as it's my project with no deadline it's currently in it's 25th year.

Does anyone know the legal implications of putting a cover on Spotify etc.. ?

McFlymo

Dropped a message on ya, NoSleep...

Yuss.

McFlymo

Quote from: Johnny Textface on February 07, 2019, 08:24:56 PM
Does anyone know the legal implications of putting a cover on Spotify etc.. ?

I think you're supposed to clear it with PRS / the publishers who own the original song, if you're planning on putting it up online (and/or making money from it), although, I have had a (sneaky) remix of a Cure song up on Spotify for about 6 years and haven't had any issues, as of yet *touch wood* ....

the

Just a note to say that I'd love to see people finish their tracks for this album.

NoSleep

A time consuming project is just coming to a close so I hope to get mine finished soon. Haven't had a chance to even look at it for a month at least.

Dr Syntax Head

is it too late for me to not be a total let down?

the

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 25, 2019, 11:01:26 AMis it too late for me to not be a total let down?

Have you got an update?

I was going to bump the thread the other day, but... 18 months in and it still feels like we have a long way to go.

Dr Syntax Head

I can re-record the track I have some free time and a bass again

NoSleep

McFlymo has replaced your track at the beginning now (I'm not sure what progress they've made) but feel free to re-record yours and we'll put it on as a bonus track at the end of the album.

olliebean

I hear Ladbrokes are now taking bets on which will happen first: Haha Tape IV or Brexit.

NoSleep

We're leaving

...no stone unturned.

the

01A)Dr Syntax Head  -  Done, re-recording track?
      01B)McFlymo  -  Done
      02)jonnycuba  -  Done
      03)gabrielconroy  -  "if I can't make any headway I'll send it as it is"
      04)Beagle 2  -  Done
      05)drummersaredeaf  -  Done
      06)NoSleep  -  Editing and mixing
      07)Phil_A  -  Done
      08)Dusty Gozongas  -  Done (possible alternative version pending)
      09)falafel  -  "I will try to find time to finish what I started"
      10)Rich Uncle Skeleton  -  "recording to a deadline now"
      11)the  -  Done
      12)Johnny Textface  -  Done
      13)ArtParrott  -  Done
      14)Petey Pate  -  Done
      15)  -  Withdrew
      16)thraxx  -  Had to start again, but still in

- If your name is in bold red, please give us a state-of-play.

NoSleep

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 25, 2019, 11:31:31 AM
I can re-record the track I have some free time and a bass again

Just seen that you can be fitted into the place where Avril Lavigne was, 2nd to last. You can either start afresh and listen to Petey's track (which I can send you) to see what you're heading out of, or simply re-record your original track (and I'll decide where to put it afterwards based on the best flow for the album).

NoSleep

My track is where it was last time we spoke. Just been busy, but that is coming to a close.

Johnny Textface

the

Erratum:

I failed to spot that hummingofevil had taken slot 15). Should read:

15)hummingofevil  -  "Go on then. I'll do something within a week as got load of time free."

NoSleep

Ah yes, hummingofevil. Not heard from them as yet.

hummingofevil

Yes I am still here. As expected my confidence was totally misplaced. Will have another go today and get back to you asap.

the

I think I've settled on a final layout for the cover by the way. A bit of a tweak and a buff and it'll be done.

I could also do a new banner for the Bandcamp page if you like NoSleep?

NoSleep

Sure... I think I bodged the current one from bits of the cover artwork for Volume 1. PM me if you need access to the site for the operation.

the

Well, I've already grabbed the old banner to get the dimensions, so I can just send the new one to you when it's done.

NoSleep

Sure, that's fine. The offer is there if you think you can improve the look of the place beyond the banner.

the

Well OK, I could make a new design scheme/colour scheme for the page as well. (I've done this before for my own page.)

PM me the details if you wanna share them, and I could put something in place closer the time.

the

Anyone doing any work on this?

When I did the 27th March update, I sent PMs to the outstanding participants, and only heard back from Dr Syntax Head.

We've had no update from:

gabrielconroy
falafel
Rich Uncle Skeleton
thraxx

the

Quote from: the on April 09, 2019, 11:54:01 AMAnyone doing any work on this?

When I did the 27th March update, I sent PMs to the outstanding participants, and only heard back from Dr Syntax Head.

We've had no update from:

gabrielconroy
falafel
Rich Uncle Skeleton
thraxx

Is that a no then?